IGNORED

Kevin De Bruyne

BCFC11

1 minute ago, BCFC11 said:

Enough to go down? Don’t think so, it’s a dive.

Just watched the highlight of it again, definitely was enough contact, De Bruyne was moving at pace and the right leg caught him, you don't need to be cleaned out to go down and the slightest clip can cause it. 

1 hour ago, hodge said:

Just watched the highlight of it again, definitely was enough contact, De Bruyne was moving at pace and the right leg caught him, you don't need to be cleaned out to go down and the slightest clip can cause it. 

Slow motion replays do not help either. In the replay it looks like he goes down easy. Now take yourself outside to the nearest pitch, do a brisk jog and have someone tackle at your feet and see how hard it is to stay upright. It was a pen and it was clear and the replay shows the contact. 

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Slow motion replays do not help either. In the replay it looks like he goes down easy. Now take yourself outside to the nearest pitch, do a brisk jog and have someone tackle at your feet and see how hard it is to stay upright. It was a pen and it was clear and the replay shows the contact. 

For anyone who says small contact while running isn't enough, just look at tap tackling in rugby and how effective it is at taking down people with minimal contact. 

9 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Slow motion makes it looks worse of course it does when in real time it looked bad enough,I might go for a brisk run and fall over a brick but I would fall naturally

10 minutes ago, hodge said:

For anyone who says small contact while running isn't enough, just look at tap tackling in rugby and how effective it is at taking down people with minimal contact. 

That is only when they are running at full pelt,and then they fall like any humans do not with your leg dangling,any other time it doesn't effect them 

11 hours ago, hodge said:

I never quite understand this.

Do the rules that contact is illegal? If my hand brushes your back is that a foul?

I think 'contact is something made up by ex professional footballers, which sadly you've fallen for.

A dive is still a dive and a form of cheating whether there is contact or not. 

The most disgusting phrase in football is "there was contact, so he was entitled to go down".

Utterly pathetic.

Just imagine the scenario. Last game of the season and we need a goal to guarantee automatic promotion. Pato cuts into the box and as he jinx past his marker he gets clipped by his trailing leg. The ref immediately gives the pen but Pato winks to the crowd and we score to get promoted. What a cheat eh.

1 hour ago, 054123 said:

I never quite understand this.

Do the rules that contact is illegal? If my hand brushes your back is that a foul?

I think 'contact is something made up by ex professional footballers, which sadly you've fallen for.

A dive is still a dive and a form of cheating whether there is contact or not. 

The most disgusting phrase in football is "there was contact, so he was entitled to go down".

Utterly pathetic.

Usually said by the very same people who complain that physical contact is being taken out of the game. Not bright enough to see the contradiction it seems.

Archived