IGNORED

No matter how hard we try we can't break that top two

tinman85

As long as we are keeping pace with them, and putting them under pressure, we might just sneak under the radar. One of them have got to slip up sooner or later haven’t they, us and a few other teams will be looking to take advantage. Hopefully we have had our bad luck with injuries and still remained strong, we can take on anybody!

11 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Cardiff will fall away.

We just have to keep playing our football and we'll be there.

I doubt it will be this month or January looking at their fixtures they only have one really tough game between now and Feb.

Bolton Wanderers V Cardiff City 

Cardiff City V  Fulham 

• Cardiff City V Preston North End

Queens Park Rangers V Cardiff City

Cardiff City V Sunderland

Sheffield Wednesday V Cardiff City

Cardiff City V Bolton Wanderers

10 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Cardiff will fall away.

would be nice to see any sign of them falling away, at the moment they look guaranteed auto-promotion!                                                                                                        

6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I doubt it will be this month or January looking at their fixtures they only have one really tough game between now and Feb.

Bolton Wanderers V Cardiff City 

Cardiff City V  Fulham 

• Cardiff City V Preston North End

Queens Park Rangers V Cardiff City

Cardiff City V Sunderland

Sheffield Wednesday V Cardiff City

Cardiff City V Bolton Wanderers

Anybody can beat anybody in this league!

Disagree, we know full well that anyone can beat anyone in this league. Bolton and Sunderland are scrapping for their lives down there, QPR have beat Wolves and Sheff Utd at home, Fulham are capable of beating most teams when they're on their game, Preston seem to have re-captured their good early season form and are just outside the play-offs. Wed away is also a tough place to go for any team in this division.

It's all to play for! We've just got to keep doing what we're doing and hopefully we'll break into the automatics sooner rather than later :fingerscrossed:

I don’t think Cardiff are a bad side.  They might play a bit more direct than us, but I think they are a good side, have good players.  Didn’t see tonight, but been impressed by Bamba’s displays in midfield.  Thought he was an out and out CB....wrong there!

They won’t fall away dramatically, whether they stay top 2 is up to us to put them under pressure.  Just as we are no fluke being up there, nor are Cardiff (much as I dislike them).

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t think Cardiff are a bad side.  They might play a bit more direct than us, but I think they are a good side, have good players.  Didn’t see tonight, but been impressed by Bamba’s displays in midfield.  Thought he was an out and out CB....wrong there!

They won’t fall away dramatically, whether they stay top 2 is up to us to put them under pressure.  Just as we are no fluke being up there, nor are Cardiff (much as I dislike them).

Depends on what you mean by good, they have the lowest passes/ completed passes in the league, but they come 'alive' in and around the box. Horrible horrible club and supporters, vile manager, what's not to like?

4 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Depends on what you mean by good, they have the lowest passes/ completed passes in the league, but they come 'alive' in and around the box. Horrible horrible club and supporters, vile manager, what's not to like?

They don’t play like Wolves, but they are strong at the back, hard-working in the middle...and you’re right, they come alive in the final third.  We aren’t always pretty either.  Some if the traits i’ve Mentioned, we have too, that’s shy we are both up there.

I get that we all hate Cardiff, but whenever I’ve seen them on the telly, they’ve impressed me.

13 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Wolves are very catchable. A bad patch and suddenly we're right up with them.

Assuming that we also don't slip up.

The injuries will take their toll, it's just how badly. Today for example, Johnson was reluctant to make changes because he can't trust the likes of Eliasson, Leko, Vyner etc. to do a job at this level, especially in a game like today. Which leaves us with the 11 who started today and Matty Taylor. It's going to be so tough, especially over the Christmas period. We will out everything into the United game (and rightly so), but this will effect the Performance at QPR, we'll be legless. 

36 minutes ago, Nube Rojo said:

would be nice to see any sign of them falling away, at the moment they look guaranteed auto-promotion!                                                                                                        

I see signs all over. They will start to falter away from home. 

1 hour ago, Neo said:

When we beat Cardiff in 2018 we will go above them if not already above them by then.

They really win ugly but like Leeds they will fall off soon enough :fingerscrossed:

1 hour ago, 054123 said:

Cardiff will fall away.

I find very hard to imagine a Warnock side falling away. You don’t get to 2nd in the table after 22 games without having something about you. I expect them to be contenders all season (unfortunately).

Great topic . Blooming eck the Championship is so hard . So many games over the festive periods that will make or break our season . Not impossible to get into the top two , we could also cement our place in the play offs or fall out of them . Great month of football December . Fingers crossed 

Archived