IGNORED

Michael Mancienne

Port Said Red

The first time I ever saw this guy play was our first game back in the Championship last time around. Then he was a promising Chelsea youngster on loan to QPR and he was hugely impressive. I don't know why he has not gone on to be a top player, but I still think he is a very good defender. I think Matt Mills going off actually worked in Forests favour because he moved to a central postion in the second half and their defence looked a lot better for it. 

At 29 years old, I think he could be a very useful squad player if we were to lose a couple of players at the back during the next couple of transfer windows.

6 hours ago, Leveller said:

I’m sure there was a time when he was young, that we thought we were about to sign him.

I believe you are correct.

From (fading) memory, we had agreed terms with Chelsea when, right at the last moment, Wolves stepped in and took him from under our nose. 

I seem to recall Gary Johnson, who was manager at the time, complaining that publicity surrounding his pending signing alerted Wolves and vowed to keep these things secret henceforth.

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I believe you are correct.

From (fading) memory, we had agreed terms with Chelsea when, right at the last moment, Wolves stepped in and took him from under our nose. 

I seem to recall Gary Johnson, who was manager at the time, complaining that publicity surrounding his pending signing alerted Wolves and vowed to keep these things secret henceforth.

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/108768-mancienne-campbell-sturridge/

8 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

The first time I ever saw this guy play was our first game back in the Championship last time around. Then he was a promising Chelsea youngster on loan to QPR and he was hugely impressive. I don't know why he has not gone on to be a top player, but I still think he is a very good defender. I think Matt Mills going off actually worked in Forests favour because he moved to a central postion in the second half and their defence looked a lot better for it. 

At 29 years old, I think he could be a very useful squad player if we were to lose a couple of players at the back during the next couple of transfer windows.

He was incredible in that game, remember it well.

cant believe he’s 29 and never progressed

8 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Mancienne was in Bristol ready to sign when Scolari pulled the deal due to injuries to Terry and Alex. When they were fit Mancienne played in an England U-21 game whereupon in GJ's words Ebanks-Blake and Hennessey of Wales "got to him" and presuaded him to join Wolves instead of us, Mancienne then reneged on a deal to join us when he was available.

Archived