IGNORED

After 22 games in 2007/08 season where were we?

Michael McIndoe

@Michael McIndoe 

At the start of that season, after your scoring run at the start, I asked for your boots (11 years old at the time) and you said if you didn’t score more than 10 by the end of the season they would be mine.

Well it seems it wasn’t just players you lied to was it.... 

also to prove it was you what colour boots were you wearing that season or at least the start? 

Rarely post but this thread is surreal even by OTIB standards. 

Michael, are you aware of the several pages written about you in The Secret Footballers latest book? If so, how does it feel to have a new medical term (‘The Mcindoes’, when a player wakes up in a cold sweat having a nightmare they joined in your alleged scheme) named after you? 

Ps. Thought you were class when you were at City. 

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

For info you lot, I haven’t had any emails. 

Hi everyone. I haven't been able to post all day due to being a "Newbie" and limited to a certain number of posts per day but the good people in admin have fixed this now. As for it not being me - I have sent a copy of my driving licence via email to Dollymarie. Feel free to ask Dollymarie if this has been received. 

1 hour ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

@Michael McIndoe 

At the start of that season, after your scoring run at the start, I asked for your boots (11 years old at the time) and you said if you didn’t score more than 10 by the end of the season they would be mine.

Well it seems it wasn’t just players you lied to was it.... 

also to prove it was you what colour boots were you wearing that season or at least the start? 

All I can say to this is apologies I didn't give you my boots and don't believe everything you read in the papers! 

I think I started in green boots and finished in orange. Always Nike Mercurials. 

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Who was the best and who (in your opinion) was the most underrated team mates you had during your time at City?

Hi Bristol Rob. In my opinion Marvin Elliot was the best for his strength, speed and energy. The most underrated would have to be Darren Byfield. He is a natural goal scorer and we should have kept him. 

9 minutes ago, Michael McIndoe said:

Hi everyone. I haven't been able to post all day due to being a "Newbie" and limited to a certain number of posts per day but the good people in admin have fixed this now. As for it not being me - I have sent a copy of my driving licence via email to Dollymarie. Feel free to ask Dollymarie if this has been received. 

I’ve sent you an email with a further request just to make sure :) 

2 minutes ago, eastonboy said:

I don't think asking for naked pictures of him is going to prove anything apart from your morbid fascination of keeping players under your stairs

1 minute ago, Murraysrightplum said:

Dick pic?

(sorry everyone!)

I’ve merely asked for the picture I asked for earlier, a pic of him holding a sign up saying “Hello OTIB” so panic not! 

8 hours ago, EmersonsRed said:

Come on and say "I have a book, please buy it" not start some thread about 07/08 and claim to care about the south west - or us for that matter. He doesn't. Don't chat shit. Although he's been doing that for years. Allegedly. 

Hi EmersonsRed. I've only just joined Twitter and yes I have just released my book. Of course I want people to buy it! Who wouldn't? The papers have written a lot of rubbish about me over the years and I released my book as a way of being able to put the real truth out there. I have had a "colourful" life and many people including Lee Johnson have said I should put it on paper. So I have. I haven't come on here as a "PR stunt" as you say; I've come on here to engage and discuss football. I've found City's last couple of seasons extremely interesting especially with Lee and Jamie being in charge. And I do care about the south west. Don't forget I spent many years down there with Yeovil and Bristol and made many friends. I know I'm going to take some stick being on here but that is part and parcel of being in the industry. 

3 minutes ago, Michael McIndoe said:

Hi EmersonsRed. I've only just joined Twitter and yes I have just released my book. Of course I want people to buy it! Who wouldn't? The papers have written a lot of rubbish about me over the years and I released my book as a way of being able to put the real truth out there. I have had a "colourful" life and many people including Lee Johnson have said I should put it on paper. So I have. I haven't come on here as a "PR stunt" as you say; I've come on here to engage and discuss football. I've found City's last couple of seasons extremely interesting especially with Lee and Jamie being in charge. And I do care about the south west. Don't forget I spent many years down there with Yeovil and Bristol and made many friends. I know I'm going to take some stick being on here but that is part and parcel of being in the industry. 

Are you still pals with Lee and Jamie?

6 hours ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

Welcome @Michael McIndoe . Great to have you on here and brave of you to do it. Bringing back memories of great times for City supporters which will hopefully be surpassed this season. 

I think the key difference between that playoff season and now is we can draw on a stronger squad. Atm some significant injuries but we’re plugging the gaps. Back then losing Bradley at Wembley or even LJ in the run in really cost us. 

The division is more competitive now and the standard higher but if we can bring in a couple of upgrades at centre mid and striker this could be the greatest season in my over 30 years as a Red.

Thank you for the nice welcome Sir Davos Ciderworth. I think you raise a fantastic point. Losing Brad in the play-off final was definitely one of the key turning points in the game. I will be very interested to see who you sign in the January transfer window. 

9 hours ago, Alessandro said:

@Michael McIndoe - makes sense that it is the real McIndoe, what with a book to promote - you’re brave coming on here but fair play, you’ll take some stick.

Liked you as a player and though we’ll never know what really happened with your bankruptcy nonsense, you’ve had a colourful life, book might be worth a read.

Hi Alessandro. A colourful life is probably an understatement. There's a lot about my pre-footballing years that many people in the football world don't know about. I have to say I was disappointed not to get nominated for BBC Sports Personality of the Year award! 

28 minutes ago, Michael McIndoe said:

Michael,

we have met a couple of times. The last time was a good few years ago now, in a different country. I have never come across you and thought "oh, he's a tit" or anything in particular. In fact I thought you were alright personally.

However, I have good relations with some a couple of individuals who you were involved with in your past who don't speak particularly highly of you; again, I have no blame for you, just them for being stupid in whatever happened, but you'll understand my reservations and not thinking too highly of you or second guessing your intentions.

But, this is a football forum after all and it does my nut in when people can't allow others to have an opinion freely, so welcome to OTIB. I hope you are here to stay and engage in football discussions for the long term and for the record, I do highly recommend your book.

Great free kick by the way!

Archived