IGNORED

Wednesday...Lets Have Some Fun

14 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Everything should be EARLY. 

Leave home early, get in the ground for supper and beer / cider early, start the bounce early rendition of appropriate One Team and Lj songs early-let's force the TV to comment on the fun and atmosphere at Ashton Gate, why? 

Gas will hate it

Potential loanees/players  will love it

Wonder if anyone will leave the stadium ‘early’ .....

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I agree James, I`m expecting to go out but as long as we go down fighting I`m OK with it. Mind you I thought we`d lose to Watford, Stoke and Palace so what do I know?

The worst thing for me would be to be something like four down with twenty minutes to go and the ground emptying on live TV, that would be embarrassing I`m afraid.

Oh the usual suspects, and the one game wonders, will undoubtedly walk out on 70 mins if we are four down....but this has been done to death so I’ll shut up now....

• Admin
On 16/12/2017 at 22:11, Neo said:

I’m taking the day off work. Don’t know why - doing eff all - just the thought of going to work was like - meh !!

Same.

On 16/12/2017 at 22:42, Ohbasso said:

I’ve opted for taking the following day off :drunk2:

That too. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Tbh I don’t really mind what the score is. All I want is at the end of the game every city player to be able to walk off and say “i could give no more” 

I'd kinda like the score to be 4-0 to City. Don't really want us to go much bigger than this as once we are four up I'd like us to just manage the game as we have an important match to prepare for on the weekend and we don't want to expend too much energy humiliating them further.  :yes:

Some good calls there for chants and also some purile calls as well (spent too long on a Cats coach!) 

We really don't want the same purile crap you hear at Scunthorpe or league 1(small town in Oldham) but maybe start maybe start a new  thread with original chants that will make the TV audience laugh and say Ashton Gate looks a good place to be

13 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

What would be really funny, would be deliberately “mistaking” them for Man City..! Sing a load of songs about them, like we’ve never heard of United..! 

At the end of the game if we've won,  playing  'Don't look back in anger ' from that well known Man City group would be great.

31 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Some good calls there for chants and also some purile calls as well (spent too long on a Cats coach!) 

We really don't want the same purile crap you hear at Scunthorpe or league 1(small town in Oldham) but maybe start maybe start a new  thread with original chants that will make the TV audience laugh and say Ashton Gate looks a good place to be

And please, no singing about the gas all night.......the occasional one to rub their noses in it but some games it just seems half the chants are about them.

Wednesday night should be all about us

9 hours ago, City Rocker said:

Well following their indecent and patronising reaction to the away ticket allocation, I'm thinking a loud rendition of "Is that all you take away?!" would be in order. 

They'll absolutely love it, and will definitely see the funny side. 

…if you paid £400 you're a twonk (or words to that effect)

Could the singing section try to avoid any songs including the word "Red" as Man U seem to regard themselves as the only Reds.

However songs including "City" will be just fine and might remind them of their neighbours who are way out front in the PL.

Can't wait for a really belting "We love you City, we do........" 

Not to mention a certain song about cider.

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Oh the usual suspects, and the one game wonders, will undoubtedly walk out on 70 mins if we are four down....but this has been done to death so I’ll shut up now....

.... this is one of the reasons I'm staying over in Bristol on Wednesday night.

I never left games early when living in Bristol, but I now  live in Swindon, and the last London-bound train leaves Bristol TM unbelievably early - about 22:30. For mid-week, evening games I need to catch that train otherwise I will have to wait until 4:30am - and upgrade to the top commuter price to catch that one.
If I was planning on getting back the same day I would have to leave the game early to ensure catching the train - or I would have to drive, which comes with its own challenges and besides I like to have a few beers on matchdays. 

I had to leave a home game vs Warnock's Palarse early a few years back for that very reason - and missed Boomboom's equaliser as a result. So frustrating.

On 17/12/2017 at 09:42, Slack Bladder said:

What chant would you most love to sing Wednesday night?

I think mine would be Jose what's the score, Jose, Jose what's the score.

Well we can dream can't we?

How about 

Champions League, we're having a laugh

Champions League, we're having a laugh 

Win loose or draw, this match is our reward for what a wonderful season we're having.

I just hope we have enough in the tank to showcase how competitive  the championship is and really give them a game.

It also gives a yardstick of what we can expect if we are fortunate enough to make that gigantic step up.

Archived