IGNORED

Carayol

BCFChris

Must have wondered why he was the target of so much abuse. Lets face it he only ever spent 1 season at the G** and wouldn't have fully understood the rivalry. It is great though when you get a reaction, however we were lucky he didn't finish off his very good chance, which looked for all the world like him trying to prove a point.

33 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

If I was a player and the home fans booed me, that would spur me on even more.  It's a bit counter productive really.

The alternative is to sit on your hands and stay quiet.

I say give them a bollocking.

3 hours ago, redfieldred said:

Dunno about that. he gave wright problems especially first half. 

Perhaps that was harsh. But he was really wasteful. Wright out of position. If a fully fit Pisano was playing, Carayol may not have had the chance to be completely ineffective.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Thought he looked quality on the ball. That was a superb run to get that chance he had. 

Agreed - I was watching thinking is that the sort of player we could take on and sort out his weaknesses?

Reminds me of what was promised with Eliasson in terms of going at your full back which we have not seen a great deal of yet but hopefully will see more of in the near future.

19 minutes ago, Distortia said:

How the hell did people even know he played for Rovers back in 2011? I had to look him up on my phone to see why he was getting so much abuse!

I could recall him. I think he had a fair bit of profile as he was known as Albert Adomah's best mate and they both moved to Middlesbrough. 

10 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

If I was a player and the home fans booed me, that would spur me on even more.  It's a bit counter productive really.

It probably depends on the mentality of the player.  I remember the East End giving dogs abuse to Stan Collimore in 1993.  He then absolutely battered us scoring 2 in a 4 1 win for Forest. Whoops!

10 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

5 minutes ago, Southstandoriginal said:

It probably depends on the mentality of the player.  I remember the East End giving dogs abuse to Stan Collimore.  He then scored a hat trick.  Whoops!

Look at Arnautovic V Stoke yesterday he got better and better until he finally scored. Made me laugh though when the Stoke fans got upset when he gave them some back, they can dish it out but they can't take it apparently.

3 hours ago, Neo said:

Agreed - I was watching thinking is that the sort of player we could take on and sort out his weaknesses?

Reminds me of what was promised with Eliasson in terms of going at your full back which we have not seen a great deal of yet but hopefully will see more of in the near future.

Why would we want to develop a 29 year old? He’s not good enough and hasn’t been at this level throughout his career.

All he does is run with the ball.

54 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Why would we want to develop a 29 year old? He’s not good enough and hasn’t been at this level throughout his career.

All he does is run with the ball.

Apologies for not knowing his age or history - he looked younger.

I must do better or else how will I ever achieve the level of patronism needed to compete with your good self?

Archived