IGNORED

Michael effing Gray

redfieldred

This man barely hides his contempt for Bcfc. Today he grudgingly gave LJ credit with the caveat, that we have a rich owner. If we're so priveleged, how come we had to sell kodjia to villa for 7 times what we paid for him. We are comparatively skint compared to those around us in the league, so don't give us that you fool!

We didn't 'have' to sell Kodjia, SL said to get as much for him after the cup game incident, there was no intent to sell him otherwise regardless of our summer spend, which had exceeded £10m. 

On our finances I'd say we're likely now pushing top half, not a huge amount of teams in this league spend £5.3m on one player. A lot of teams work off buy low sell bigger. Even if SL doesn't pump money into transfers he allows the club to spend by ensuring we'll never be in financial difficulty which is a better position than a lot of other clubs. Other clubs also don't have investors who will finance the redevelopment of the stadium at no expense of the club, even Arsenal went light on their transfer spending for a number of years.

I've no idea why some have such a thin skin. I watched the Channel 5 show last night and I saw no reason to take umbrage at what he said. I got the impression that the underlying message is that we are well set for a PL promotion campaign and the comment about the wealthy owner alluded to stability (unlike his own beloved Sunderland)

39 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

I've no idea why some have such a thin skin. I watched the Channel 5 show last night and I saw no reason to take umbrage at what he said. I got the impression that the underlying message is that we are well set for a PL promotion campaign and the comment about the wealthy owner alluded to stability (unlike his own beloved Sunderland)

It's well known he doesn't like city. He never singles out our players for praise. I don't really care, but it is annoying. As a professional pundit he should be more onjective

5 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

It's well known he doesn't like city. He never singles out our players for praise. I don't really care, but it is annoying. As a professional pundit he should be more onjective

well known among some in Bristol..... and thats about it. I doubt they'd have picked up his vibe in Manchester, Sheffield, London, Birmingham etc. If he doesn't want to comment, he doesn't want to comment....it's not the Bristol City show. Frankly I don't give a rats arse whether he stays quiet or not. It doesn't make a spit of difference to my brie and crackers on a Saturday evening

39 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

You don't really care, but felt the need to start a thread and have a rant about it? Hmm. 

I have no idea why people get hung up on what pundits say, most of them just reel off cliches and stock phrases, without ever adding anything insightful.

3 minutes ago, RedJim said:

You don't really care, but felt the need to start a thread and have a rant about it? Hmm. 

I have no idea why people get hung up on what pundits say, most of them just reel off cliches and stock phrases, without ever adding anything insightful.

No I don't really care, honestly. It just annoys me a bit because a pundit should put aside personal likes and dislikes, but he doesn't. 

Its quite easy to start a thread on here by the way. 

48 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

As a professional pundit he should be more onjective

Which ironically makes him an unprofessional pundit.

Which means he is not good at his job.

Which means his comments should be ignored.

Which means he is a Clarke Kent not worth wasting words on - simples !!

9 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

No I don't really care, honestly. It just annoys me a bit because a pundit should put aside personal likes and dislikes, but he doesn't. 

Its quite easy to start a thread on here by the way. 

I just skip through the analysis, most TV pundits just churn out stock phrases and cliches. The best pundits are on 5 Live.

Just don't bother listening and enjoy the goals.

1 hour ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

But Sunderland have a wealthy owner too. The difference is that we are a well run club while they have spent a fortune on players with a bad attitude and no sell on value. I suspect it sticks in his craw that we are where he thinks they should be by right.

1 minute ago, RedJim said:

I just skip through the analysis, most TV pundits just churn out stock phrases and cliches. The best pundits are on 5 Live.

Just don't bother listening and enjoy the goals.

I assume you didn't hear the odious egomaniac Savage ranting at Stoke fans for daring to criticise his mate Hughes on 606 then?

If you want intelligent comment on the game ex players tend to be the worst source imo.

6 minutes ago, chinapig said:

But Sunderland have a wealthy owner too. The difference is that we are a well run club while they have spent a fortune on players with a bad attitude and no sell on value. I suspect it sticks in his craw that we are where he thinks they should be by right.

Sunderland are yet another club whose foreign owner has lost interest. Sunderland fans would love him to be as far away from Wearside as possible when he eventually sells up. I genuinely don't believe (as some would try to convince us) that Michael Gray hates us. He seems utterly ambivalent toward us to me, and will probably stoke up some form of enthusiasm if we are still in the promotion mix in Mid April. I see parallels between how pundits like Gray are treating us and how they treated Bournemouth before they couldn't ignore 'em any more.

1 hour ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Surely if someone had a thick skin, they wouldn't be bothered about what he said...

1 hour ago, redfieldred said:

If you “didn't really care” then you wouldn’t find it annoying :whistle:

He probably knows little about us, other than our league position. Generally these people know the teams in the area they are from and the clubs they played for, in the case of the most blinkered that is one and the same.

I saw someone criticising Mark Clemment on here, but the guy does his homework and covers everything outside the Prem.

11 minutes ago, FramptonRed said:

Michael Gray bears an uncanny resemblance to Peter Beagrie,he even sounds just like him.

one from Middlesbrough, one from Sunderland. Similar attitudes, similar parts of the country, similar dialects.

Two ex players prepared to sit on the "wise after the event" sofa... easy money. Unfortunately there is no "stand out" candidate who is an ex pro from the West Country prepared to do it (apart from Skeletor)... and for some reason I can't fathom (he lied), City fans don't trust him

My only criticism of Gray last night was his comments on Cardiff’s goal. It’s clearly offside by the letter of the law (a part of the body which you can score with was ahead of the defender), yet Gray said “no, that’s not offside”. Why? It’s offside pal. Just because it was marginal doesn’t make it right. 

3 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

one from Middlesbrough, one from Sunderland. Similar attitudes, similar parts of the country, similar dialects.

Two ex players prepared to sit on the "wise after the event" sofa... easy money. Unfortunately there is no "stand out" candidate who is an ex pro from the West Country prepared to do it (apart from Skeletor)... and for some reason I can't fathom (he lied), City fans don't trust him

There's always  Leroy? Or *shudders involuntarily* Bobby Gould! :shocking:

54 minutes ago, Assassin Reid said:

On a sidenote we did get a compliment this week from former Birmingham midfielder and Brighton scout, Martin O'Connor......

"Bristol City have a very good scouting system. a VERY good scouting system"

Where was this from? Can't say I've seen much recently about our network. 

9 hours ago, redfieldred said:

This man barely hides his contempt for Bcfc. Today he grudgingly gave LJ credit with the caveat, that we have a rich owner. If we're so priveleged, how come we had to sell kodjia to villa for 7 times what we paid for him. We are comparatively skint compared to those around us in the league, so don't give us that you fool!

Calm down, it is only for one season isn't it? Hopefully next season it will be Gary Lineker and Alan Shearers comments we will be grumbling about 

Archived