IGNORED

How are the roads in Bristol area gonna cope on Wednesday night?

Never to the dark side

3 hours ago, Between heaven and hell said:

I'm with RRH on this one

We commented on how many empty seats there were before the crowd was announced, everyone around us said the same thing when we heard the attendance was 20k no way more like 17.

There's always going to be loads of empy seats in a 26k+ stadium. I reckon the actual attendance was probably around the 19k mark. 

On ‎17‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 13:13, spudski said:

It's not the amount of cars on the road that's the problem...it's the continual procession of public on foot, crossing roads, either on zebra crossings, like the four around St Mary Redcliffe roundabout ( which is absolutely mental ) and traffic lights for said public crossings.

If we still had public footpath bridges, and use of subways, we wouldn't have the traffic congestion we have.

A very simple solution that the Councils in Bristol and around the rest of the Country have screwed up.

Have you ever used a pedestrian subway? People have been mowed down on dual carriageways rather than take the risk :(

4 hours ago, NorthBristolRed said:

Considering using the Portway Park & Ride for the first time, anyone know if the service is reliable?

I usually get the park and ride , it is reliable , however after the game if you don’t get on one of the two busses you then have to wait for them to unload at portway and get back to the gate ! 

Anyone know how many spaces the cricket club at bemmy will have available ? 

Otherwise I might have to pay a tenner at the car park next door for a tenner , and then have trouble getting out as ground will be muddy ! 

I’m leaving portishead at 5.  Still unsure where to park , hopefully North Somerset side , long ashton ?  Then maybe a walk to Sainsbury’s for me tea , then robins for a couple ! 

20 hours ago, Lew-T said:

I’ll be coming from Southampton for this. Leaving about half 4 so I’m hoping the M4 and M32 will be kind to me! The M32 going through the City centre and hotwells is my best bet, right??

From M4, Bath junction and Ring Road at Warmley might be a better option......through to the new South Bristol Link Road.

• Admin
1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Is anyone able to confirm if the Cumberland Road roadworks (including overnight closures) have finished?

From what I can find online they were due to finish on the 15th but I can't find any confirmation anywhere that they did.

Thanks.

@ChippenhamRed This is the latest realtime information

image.png

image.png

image.png

21 minutes ago, Laner said:

I've just walked up to North St from Ashton and it is busy. Lots of cars parking - or looking for spaces already it would seem.

Yeah I moved my car at 2pm down to Frayne Road so its a tiny bit easier to get away but even then parking spaces were few and far between. 

20 hours ago, kivsy said:

Anyone know how many spaces the cricket club at bemmy will have available ? 

Otherwise I might have to pay a tenner at the car park next door for a tenner , and then have trouble getting out as ground will be muddy ! 

I’m leaving portishead at 5.  Still unsure where to park , hopefully North Somerset side , long ashton ?  Then maybe a walk to Sainsbury’s for me tea , then robins for a couple ! 

Got to cricket club at 3pm as drove back from a meeting in Ipswich rather than go home to WSM and car park nearly full by 4.30pm!!!

On 19/12/2017 at 14:37, NorthBristolRed said:

Considering using the Portway Park & Ride for the first time, anyone know if the service is reliable?

I’d check what time the last bus is to Park & Ride. Normally the Long Ashton P&R, during the week, closes at 9:30pm. Not sure about Portway P&R, or if due to the match the opening hours maybe extended?

COYR.

1 minute ago, Tangle Foot said:

I’d check what time the last bus is to Park & Ride. Normally the Long Ashton P&R, during the week, closes at 9:30pm. Not sure about Portway P&R, or if due to the match the opening hours maybe extended?

COYR.

The Portway P&R is running 'til 11.30 tonight - details here:

man-utd-bus-time-table-ag1-8pm.pdf

It would be great if they had more than the two buses on it though! Expecting a long wait at the end of the match...sadly...

Archived