IGNORED

35 points needed

Eastend

I think 35 points from the remaining 24 games and we will almost certainly secure a play off spot on 78 points! That’s an average of 1.5 points a game. So 1 win in every 2 games. Doesn’t sound too much does it?

Ideally I would like us to achieve better than that of course. But I think anyone would of taken a play off finish at the end of the season! Maybe if we win 50% of our games from now, with a few draws along the way we could be aiming for the 85 point mark :fingerscrossed:

35 minutes ago, Eastend said:

I think 35 points from the remaining 24 games and we will almost certainly secure a play off spot on 78 points! That’s an average of 1.5 points a game. So 1 win in every 2 games. Doesn’t sound too much does it?

Ideally I would like us to achieve better than that of course. But I think anyone would of taken a play off finish at the end of the season! Maybe if we win 50% of our games from now, with a few draws along the way we could be aiming for the 85 point mark :fingerscrossed:

Totally agree we would have settled for a play- off place in August, now I am not so sure.............

Just need to keep going and see where it takes us.

Every game that passes however makes me believe that little bit more than we can finish in the top two

Something is going on here, you can feel it in AG more and more at each game - the players believe as do the supporters and there does seem to be a growing bond between the two.

Top 2 is a big big ask.

Wolves will continue to run away with it.

Derby looking very strong now and are a team filled with experience and quality - what is it, half their players have been promoted to the prem before? 

Cardiff may drop off but with Warnock, anything is possible. 

Play- offs would be an unbelievable achievement and if we don’t suffer anymore major injuries and do well in January - we will be in their come May.

10 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Top 2 is a big big ask.

Wolves will continue to run away with it.

Derby looking very strong now and are a team filled with experience and quality - what is it, half their players have been promoted to the prem before? 

Cardiff may drop off but with Warnock, anything is possible. 

Play- offs would be an unbelievable achievement and if we don’t suffer anymore major injuries and do well in January - we will be in their come May.

Where I am at the moment.

It is brutal at the top if you drop the pace at all. Four games ago we were five points below Sheff Utd, now we are six above. We might be capable of the reverse of that at some stage. Just taking it as it comes, and if I was a neutral would be thinking Wolves and Derby at the moment.

As an aside, even relegation form now of a point a game would see us finish on 67 points, almost certainly top half. That was my par at the start of the season, so not getting carred away.

4 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Where I am at the moment.

It is brutal at the top if you drop the pace at all. Four games ago we were five points below Sheff Utd, now we are six above. We might be capable of the reverse of that at some stage. Just taking it as it comes.

As an aside, even relegation form now of a point a game would see us finish on 67 points, almost certainly top half. That was my par at the start of the season, so not getting carred away.

I said pretty much this a few weeks ago.

Last few seasons we’ve been down the wrong end, where the table moves slowly as those around are losing too.

Now we’re up the top, there are so many points flying around so quickly - as Sheffield Utd are finding out - a small drop of form and it’s a slippery slope out the play offs.

I hope that doesn’t happen to us, but we have to remain realistic, we will probably have a dip of form at some point. But we’ve bounced back well so far.

15 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

We have a pretty tough looking run of games up to the end of January. If we come through that still in the top four, with Famara, Milan and Callum all close to being back, I think we will have a good shot at the play offs.

I think (and hope) we will add 2 maybe 3 players in Jan, but even that maybe the end of the month. So , as you say, if we can stay in touch of the top 2 without further injuries, we maybe well placed to have a run at I come Feb/March. Getting through to Jan still there or there about will be an achievement with the current crop of injuries, some new additions and fit players will make make LJ's choices harder but may really be good timing.

If anyone said we had even a sniff of being top 2 at the start of this season I'd have said they were completely and utterly doolally. Even top 6 I thought was well out of reach. I expected a steady season, and saw keeping away from the relegation scrap as progress. Perhaps a bonus of a cup run - which we've had as well of course  

Given where we are now then not reaching the play offs would be a real blow, but I'd like to think I can keep the perspective should we drop out of them and appreciate that great progress will have been made this season (unless of course we completely nose dive now - which I cannot see happening at all.)  

Whatever happens this season has already been a huge improvement on the last and that's all you can ask. Well done to all and let's hope it continues. 

1 hour ago, robin_unreliant said:

We have a pretty tough looking run of games up to the end of January. If we come through that still in the top four, with Famara, Milan and Callum all close to being back, I think we will have a good shot at the play offs.

That sounds like we will be in mid-table, to be so would be a complete head#### of a January.

3 hours ago, Grey Fox said:

Why dont we just go and win the next game and see where we go from there"......repeat.......repeat

Because we are not the players, and so there is no imperative upon us to take each game as it comes. We can do what we like, on here. And some like to daydream....

We need to go up automatically, my band has a gig on the day of the play off final, not sure I can dip out of that one - when we got there versus Hull it cost me a long term relationship and lots of money! We were  invited to three weddings on that day but I declined them all and went to Wembley to watch the Windass wonder strike sink our hopes and turn my domestic life upside down! The things we do for the City eh?!

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

We need to go up automatically, my band has a gig on the day of the play off final, not sure I can dip out of that one - when we got there versus Hull it cost me a long term relationship and lots of money! We were  invited to three weddings on that day but I declined them all and went to Wembley to watch the Windass wonder strike sink our hopes and turn my domestic life upside down! The things we do for the City eh?!

Your Mrs left you because you went to watch your team at Wembley..?!

You did well do get shot of her, if that’s the case. 

On 17/12/2017 at 14:14, 1bristolcity said:

100% agree, I know it sounds daft but top2 or nothing.  

I hope the manager and players are thinking like this. You have to go for the top.  No point hedging an accepting mediority.  We are close to the top 2, we seem to be able to win games anyway.  Why not set our sights on overtaking Cardiff.  If we overtake them we will be in the play offs as a minimum.

Archived