IGNORED

Plastic Manchester say next to you on Wednesday.

MC RISK77

Was having a chat with the guys I sit next too in the dolman about wednesdays game, a few of them cannot make it and while you like to think their tickets have got too deserving fellow reds, the thought did cross my mind that I could end up sat next too some plastic Utd fans.

I wonder how closely this would have been monitored by the club in the race to sell out 27k tickets?

And is etiquette should they do pipe up during the game a cheeky right hook back down the dolman steps :-)

I would imagine it would be impossible for the club to police. If a City season ticket holder can't go and gives their ticket to a plastic Manchester fan, nobody will know until Wednesday night. If they sit on their hands, read the programme they bought and keep warm with their half 'n' half scarf everything will be ok.

5 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Got a horrible feeling there are gonna be a fair few plastics in the home end. You know the type...live in Bristol, seen Man U about 5 times in their lives, and will probally think they can treat this game like a friendly and cheer when/if United score

Can see one or two getting slapped

Got the same feeling - maybe even their first live game, and think they can cheer and clap along to Manchester songs. Gonna get battered.

I think it’s exactly what these plastic scumbags need, a good slap, IF they don’t tow the line. 

They must think that football is all fancy images, touchscreen analysis and friendly banter, because that’s what they are shown on TV. 

If some plastic Manc is sat near me quietly, respectful of their surroundings, then just let them get on with it, before crawling back under their stone. If they think we are “only Bristol City” and give it the big ‘in, then there should be a very lenient line taken online dishing out a quick route down the Dolman steps. 

Imho. 

1 minute ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Who’s to say all the plastics will be supporting United. Suddenly decided to support City because the Mancs are in town, but never to be seen at the Gate again unless we make the  Prem. 

They need a right hook as well then.

2 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

There will be some randomers sat next to us in S21, basically because three of the regulars STHs forgot to buy their tickets in the first period of sale. :blink: 

They will be members so I don't expect any plastics at all. Welcome to S21, people! I hope you enjoy the match. 

It`s always OK in S21, we`re just one big happy family (but just to be clear, not in a R*vers sense)

All well and good this 'no tolerance to plastic Mancs' or those who have no reason to be sat in the home end, but be tolerant of any kids, especially those at their first game.

Maybe you can go a bit Billy Graham on them, point out the great deals for kids to their guardian or parent and suggest they get themselves to the Gate again soon.

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

All well and good this 'no tolerance to plastic Mancs' or those who have no reason to be sat in the home end, but be tolerant of any kids, especially those at their first game.

Maybe you can go a bit Billy Graham on them, point out the great deals for kids to their guardian or parent and suggest they get themselves to the Gate again soon.

even mention the massive pasty

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

quite agree. They are kids after all, and if City score, deafen the little sod and make sure he knows who his hero's should be

6 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

quite agree. They are kids after all, and if City score, deafen the little sod and make sure he knows who his hero's should be

But in a nice, friendly way....

We all start somewhere and if the experience of live football is better than the offering of Sky in the mind of the young, then encourage 'em!

3 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Who’s to say all the plastics will be supporting United. Suddenly decided to support City because the Mancs are in town, but never to be seen at the Gate again unless we make the  Prem. 

It has to start somewhere for everyone. Maybe they’ll catch the bug and come back. Anyone in the home end at this game who isn’t a STH has invested in a £20 membership in addition to their match ticket (rugby STH aside). So if they are supporting City they’ve at least made a pretty substantial investment to do so.

I’d far rather we welcome newcomers rather that turn our noses up at them. Growing the fan base benefits everyone and a new fan who doesn’t know the songs is still better than an empty seat.

7 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

But in a nice, friendly way....

We all start somewhere and if the experience of live football is better than the offering of Sky in the mind of the young, then encourage 'em!

yup. I'm not a Bristolian, and the first matches I watched were at Wolves where the likes of  The Doog and John Richards were the first strikers I adored. One season onwards and my Dad sat me in the Dolman and I saw games v Fulham and v Sun'lun. It made a pleasant change from the Waterloo Road Stand. As we lived in Bath at that point.... well it made sense to follow City.

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think it’s exactly what these plastic scumbags need, a good slap, IF they don’t tow the line. 

They must think that football is all fancy images, touchscreen analysis and friendly banter, because that’s what they are shown on TV. 

If some plastic Manc is sat near me quietly, respectful of their surroundings, then just let them get on with it, before crawling back under their stone. If they think we are “only Bristol City” and give it the big ‘in, then there should be a very lenient line taken online dishing out a quick route down the Dolman steps. 

Imho. 

I'd be gobsmacked if anyone was stupid enough to think they can come to Ashton Gate and take liberties in the home end. Weather we like it or not as a club we have a reputation and anyone with any sense will know to sit down and keep there thoughts to themselves if they are indeed cheering on United from the home sections. 

Archived