IGNORED

Pack...confidence shooting?

spudski

Was really happy that Pack scored yesterday and I hope it will lead to more in the future.

Yesterday, there were three opportunities for Pack to shoot, before he scored his goal. Each time he chose to pass, when it was actually better to shoot.

Someone said to me he lacks confidence when shooting...hopefully when he's in these good positions in future, he'll choose to shoot instead.

23 minutes ago, spudski said:

Was really happy that Pack scored yesterday and I hope it will lead to more in the future.

Yesterday, there were three opportunities for Pack to shoot, before he scored his goal. Each time he chose to pass, when it was actually better to shoot.

Someone said to me he lacks confidence when shooting...hopefully when he's in these good positions in future, he'll choose to shoot instead.

I’d agree but I’d also bring up Korey here - love the bloke, but when Marlon plays cm with him (as opposed to Josh), Korey gets more licence to get forward. 

When he does so, and ends up in or around the box in a decent shooting position seems to pick the difficult pass option rather than have a pop (happened yesterday).

Realise it’s not his natural game but when he’s done the hard yards to get in the position, would like him to buy a ticket now and again

22 minutes ago, spudski said:

It's funny , I said to my mate just 2 minutes before the goal he should shoot more. He has a good shot on him it does seem like there is a lack of confidence, he had the 3 obvious opportunities but a few other possibles if he tried to make space, it just doesn't seem to be in the front of his mind . 
You only have to look at Joe for the difference in attitude.

One question , maybe someone with a better view could answer. Did their goal take a deflection  and did , as it appeared to me , did JB's just swerve ?

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

Did their goal take a deflection  and did , as it appeared to me , did JB's just swerve ?

That's how I saw both of them from the SS. Their goal especially seemed to loop up off the defenders foot. Not sure who the defender was but he was kinda lunging at it.

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

It's funny , I said to my mate just 2 minutes before the goal he should shoot more. He has a good shot on him it does seem like there is a lack of confidence, he had the 3 obvious opportunities but a few other possibles if he tried to make space, it just doesn't seem to be in the front of his mind . 

One question , maybe someone with a better view could answer. Did their goal take a deflection  and did , as it appeared to me , did JB's just swerve ?

The guys around were saying exact he same that Pack had had a couple of opportunities to shoot before he actually scored. 

And yeah the Forest goal took a defection which looped it over FF.

My buddy saw it perfectly from the South Stand.

We were saying to ourselves just have a shot too, we were trying to walk it in. Try a couple of shots and chance your luck sometimes. I know it’s important to try and keep the ball but sometimes you just need to put in a few hefty shots to let the opposition know we mean business, and yesterday we did just that and it worked.

Their goal gave them a huge confidence boost though and we were shocked for a while and never really got going again. At times we looked in control but frantic, passing the ball round like a hot potato. A bit more more composure I thought would have see us net again and really kill them off.

I’m not complaining by the way, it’s an constructive observation!

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

From where I was sitting in the South Stand it didn't look like JB's goal took a deflection. Definitely had a strange swerve that bamboozled their keeper,  though.

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’d agree but I’d also bring up Korey here - love the bloke, but when Marlon plays cm with him (as opposed to Josh), Korey gets more licence to get forward. 

When he does so, and ends up in or around the box in a decent shooting position seems to pick the difficult pass option rather than have a pop (happened yesterday).

Realise it’s not his natural game but when he’s done the hard yards to get in the position, would like him to buy a ticket now and again

Smith's shooting is pretty awful to be fair.

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

yes, Korey definitely lacks the confidence to shoot - more so than Marlon. You can see him (Korey) hesitate…so many times (I think he has admitted it himself) I'm just willing him on to score…or at least give it a go

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Joe's shot was weird, when he hit it, for the first few feet it was going right before starting to serve to the left. It was really well taken, and the curve obviously confused their keeper.

Just now, Fiale said:

Joe's shot was weird, when he hit it, for the first few feet it was going right before starting to serve to the left. It was really well taken, and the curve obviously confused their keeper.

It looked so weird from where I was sitting (S21). I think we were all surprised that it had gone in. 

Pato's goal last week had a double swerve on it (or appeared to have one). 

9 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

It looked so weird from where I was sitting (S21). I think we were all surprised that it had gone in. 

Pato's goal last week had a double swerve on it (or appeared to have one). 

Same here. We couldn`t believe the keeper was so out of position and it certainly didn`t look like it took any sort of deflection - just a clear path from Joe`s boot to the back of the net.

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Marlon didn’t lack confidence when he whacked in long range goals away at Coventry and Fulham and at home to QPR in recent years....

I don’t think he lacks confidence, maybe he just isn’t encouraged to have a go himself so much now. His job is to protect the defence and get the ball to more attacking players. Out of him and Korey when in similar goal scoring positions I’d put my faith in him more. 

Would like to see us pull the trigger more often from outside the box

Modern balls move so much and that (JBs goal ?) and their deflection are two good reasons why it's worth a go

Add keeper mistakes that seem a regular occurrence every Saturday (Goal v Millwall this w/e springs to mind)

Pull that trigger boys !

34 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Would like to see us pull the trigger more often from outside the box

Modern balls move so much and that (JBs goal ?) and their deflection are two good reasons why it's worth a go

Add keeper mistakes that seem a regular occurrence every Saturday (Goal v Millwall this w/e springs to mind)

Pull that trigger boys !

Agree, we should shoot more often.  But it is about choosing the right time.  We’ve seen Pack hit a few 25-30 yarders that have come to him at waist height and he’s never gonna get over them...ending up in the stands.  But the chances he had yesterday were ones where he could pull the trigger.

Archived