IGNORED

Johnson would prefer to beat QPR than Manchester

Never to the dark side

4 minutes ago, Calculus said:

I'm just hoping for a good performance and spectacle and if we do the unthinkable so such the better.

Other than the money we are now in the shop window and we should look at this as a massive opportunity: There'll be kids of Man U supporting fathers either there or watching on Sky that just might fancy a trip to the Gate for a real experience. There might be players we're after that will take us a lot more seriously than a year ago. Zach Clough's dad laughed at the idea of him joining us. He wouldn't now.

Time for us to step up and show everybody what we're about. Looking forward to it....

If we win, on Thursday morning every child in Bristol will be talking about the upset. They will be proud that their home town club have beaten the massive Manchester United. Most of these kids have likely never been to Ashton Gate and getting a result could encourage them to get down the gate.

Glad to hear him say that, easy to be drawn in by the glamour of a big cup tie. Saying that, I am absolutely buzzing about tomorrow night and it's a great day for our club!

I think for me it comes down to this. If we lose at United there's not a huge amount lost and we've made a shedload of money and had a great experience; whereas if we lose at QPR there is a lot at risk and at such a notoriously pivotal point in the season that would be the last thing we want!

OR 

We could just win both ;)

2 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Totally agree........but you can be sure, he'll still want to knock Jose out.

Lee J?  ....  Jose M?  .... Who's best?

"There's only one way to find out!' 

Ashton Gate  Wednesday 8pm ... be there!

(or stay home in the warm with a beer & a curry & watch it on the telly))

But whatever you do - Don't Miss It!!!

COYR's .. Come you Lee, let's knock the f*****r's out!

:boxing: :city::boxing:

40 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

That’s a stat to throw at the ‘haters’ when they bring up our 8 game losing record last season. 

That's long gone now so, from one who thought we should change out Head Coach last season, let's move on and enjoy the present and see what the future brings. Nostalgia is fine but not if it gets in the way of progress!

2 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Win on Saturday and we’ll have our highest points tally in any season after 23 games. Absolutely agree with LJ. 

Sorry but this isn't true. After 23 games of the 2014-2015 season we were on 48 points, 14 wins and 6 draws. Win on Saturday we will be on 46 points, 13 wins and 7 draws...still very impressive though.

2 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

That’s a stat to throw at the ‘haters’ when they bring up our 8 game losing record last season. 

Haters? Don’t see any about. There are literally a couple who cannot get over the upturn and never post on here now (we know who they are). But last season the “run” we had wasn’t just eight defeats, we lost about 15 out of 20 which is appalling by any standards so you can understand the frustration of many at the time. Football fans are a bi-polar bunch and that run would send most over the edge!!

Johnson was very lucky at the time that  he had an owner who stuck by his beliefs in the face of overwhelming fan opinion and he has proven so far this season that the owner was totally right. He doesn’t tinker anywhere near as much with team selection (he may well have had justified longer term reasons for doing that at the time), the team know exactly what they are doing, we are playing some great football at times but are still work in progress and, most importantly, we are picking up points. What fair minded fan isn’t delighted about that?

Our improved stats show that the Manager has learned a massive amount in a very short space of time. If Steve Lansdown saw this coming all along then fair play to him!!

4 hours ago, Super said:

Yes teams never play weds and saturday these days.....

Thanks for that, mr sarcy, I am aware of that. My point is, a game less than 72 hours after a huge cup tie like this one could be exhausting for our players especially if it goes to ET/pens and it's not as if we have lots of options with all our injuries. That's why imho, a win at QPR would be our most impressive result of the season. I have no idea why some members feel the need to be snappy.

1 hour ago, Wanderingred said:

Thanks for that, mr sarcy, I am aware of that. My point is, a game less than 72 hours after a huge cup tie like this one could be exhausting for our players especially if it goes to ET/pens and it's not as if we have lots of options with all our injuries. That's why imho, a win at QPR would be our most impressive result of the season. I have no idea why some members feel the need to be snappy.

You said any other time of the year QPR date would be put back point im making is most teams play weds and sat so no idea why you think we should be treated any different.

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

Haters? Don’t see any about. There are literally a couple who cannot get over the upturn and never post on here now (we know who they are). But last season the “run” we had wasn’t just eight defeats, we lost about 15 out of 20 which is appalling by any standards so you can understand the frustration of many at the time. Football fans are a bi-polar bunch and that run would send most over the edge!!

Johnson was very lucky at the time that  he had an owner who stuck by his beliefs in the face of overwhelming fan opinion and he has proven so far this season that the owner was totally right. He doesn’t tinker anywhere near as much with team selection (he may well have had justified longer term reasons for doing that at the time), the team know exactly what they are doing, we are playing some great football at times but are still work in progress and, most importantly, we are picking up points. What fair minded fan isn’t delighted about that?

Our improved stats show that the Manager has learned a massive amount in a very short space of time. If Steve Lansdown saw this coming all along then fair play to him!!

Believe me the haters are still there. They are a bit quiet for now and throw in the occasional complement after a win, but you also get the comments like ‘I should bloody think so with all the money he’s been given.....’ even now!! Just pop over to Not606 you will find them. 

15 minutes ago, Super said:

You said any other time of the year QPR date would be put back point im making is most teams play weds and sat so no idea why you think we should be treated any different.

A few years ago we played Birmingham on a sunday because they had a midweek euro game. Obviously we would have had to agree to it but these things do sometimes happen.

Just been chatting about us on Talksport - guy from Sun praising us and highlighting the development of BR , JB & AF in particular and saying the difficulty will be hanging onto those three - said he thought all had Pem League potential

They also mentioned that apparently Lee has splashed out £450 :blink: on a bottle of Joses favourite red wine for an after match drink !

If Jose has to shoot straight off I guess Dean and Jamie Mac will be in for a Xmas treat !!

6 hours ago, Cider-Head23 said:

I agree that after our lot giving 110 per cent Wednesday night, QPR will certainly have a advantage fitness wise.

But saying that although no games is easy and Loftus Rod is a ground where we dont seem to get much.. QPR are a bang average side with a bang average manager.

We certainly are superior to them and have more quality.. I think despite tomorrow we'll still be in a good place to  get at least a point Saturday if not all three.

Dont underestimate QPR. The Championship is a very competitive league, and when I have watched QPR they have played some really attractive football without getting the results. In fact, we should never underestimate anyone given what Preston did to us at home...

Overriding priority is to catch Cardiff. I suspect Warnock doesnt have the coaching skills or that the squad has the quality, to keep getting the results they are getting. We can catch them, especially if we do well in the January transfer window.

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Just been chatting about us on Talksport - guy from Sun praising us and highlighting the development of BR , JB & AF in particular and saying the difficulty will be hanging onto those three - said he thought all had Pem League potential

They also mentioned that apparently Lee has splashed out £450 :blink: on a bottle of Joses favourite red wine for an after match drink !

If Jose has to shoot straight off I guess Dean and Jamie Mac will be in for a Xmas treat !!

This is reminding me of that scene from the Damned United film where Clough goes to extreme lengths to impress and welcome Don Revie and then gets shunted. Not sure if this actually happened or not tho? 

14 hours ago, Up The City! said:

If we win, on Thursday morning every child in Bristol will be talking about the upset. They will be proud that their home town club have beaten the massive Manchester United. Most of these kids have likely never been to Ashton Gate and getting a result could encourage them to get down the gate.

Whereas, win or lose at QPR, the school playgrounds (I know the schools are closed for Christmas) will hardly mention it.

Archived