IGNORED

From asphalt to Zlatan - Guardian article on Flint

underhanded

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

The publicity and exposure around this game will certainly be displaying our players in the shop window

A good individual performance tomorrow night could guarantee them a move to the Premiership in the near future 

Certainly shouldn't be hard to get the players up for the game.

2 hours ago, Reigate Red said:

I can't help thinking about the "Damned United" film where Brain Clough as manager of Derby brings in crystal glasses and wine for Don Revie - only for Review to walk straight out after the match.  Let's hope Jose likes the thought and stays - even if we do win.

If we win Jose should honour the wine offer and pick Johnson's brains on coaching!

1 hour ago, Red Bill said:

The most important thing is to remember that this wine will have thrown a deposit. Hopefully it will have had time to settle so, LJ, keep it still and either upright or in a slanted wine basket but not horizontal. Also ensure it is at room temperature. It will be a wine you will not forget. Oh, and use a good long corkscrew as it will have a longer than usual cork and a short corkscrew could break. I envy you!

Red Bill (retired wine buyer)

Decanted and opened before the game starts I reckon...too tannic for my liking.

2 hours ago, Red Bill said:

The most important thing is to remember that this wine will have thrown a deposit. Hopefully it will have had time to settle so, LJ, keep it still and either upright or in a slanted wine basket but not horizontal. Also ensure it is at room temperature. It will be a wine you will not forget. Oh, and use a good long corkscrew as it will have a longer than usual cork and a short corkscrew could break. I envy you!

Red Bill (retired wine buyer)

And this is why I love this forum. :) 

Archived