IGNORED

Only 3 million lost

JasonM88

Wow 33% increase in turnover in our first year in redeveloped Ashton gate is good and that will only increase with more success on the pitch.

really do hope we reach the promised land as if we hold our own or not the parachute payments of 90m over 3 years would really help establish us as a strong club

3 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Wow 33% increase in turnover in our first year in redeveloped Ashton gate is good and that will only increase with more success on the pitch.

really do hope we reach the promised land as if we hold our own or not the parachute payments of 90m over 3 years would really help establish us as a strong club

Probably yoyo ing between the prem and the champ is the best way to make money in this game at £90m a pop.

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

So without the JK sale and the Yannik sell on, we would have lost about 15 million.

That’s all relative surely and shows good financial management...JK went for an incredible profit and sell on clauses are something we have learnt to build in...the club is actually starting to be run like a big club on and off the pitch 

Just now, MC RISK77 said:

That’s all relative surely and shows good financial management...JK went for an incredible profit and sell on clauses are something we have learnt to build in...the club is actually starting to be run like a big club on and off the pitch 

I'm not knocking it, just that without those significant sales we would be far from break even.

As it happens, the fewers might record a higher annual loss than us!

2 minutes ago, Tiree said:

anyone want to suggest a better owner than we have? If i could be bothered to look back 10 months there seemed to be plenty of people telling this forum he didnt know how to pick a manager, run a football club or fire Lj. I suspect he will be the talk of British Football if we win tonight or get to the Premier League this season; and rightly so.

Tonight?

*grabs coat and legs it*

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I'm not knocking it, just that without those significant sales we would be far from break even.

Yeah I guess it is just our situation, most championship clubs will lose money those with parachute payments less so...which makes the investment into Barnsley even stranger...unfashionable club, in a catchment area dominated by huddetsfield/Leeds and Sheffield clubs and significant investment needed in squad and facilities and infrastructure.

we are in a fortunate position of having a billionaire owner and my view is we will only realise our potential and finances if we get at least one season in the premier league.

7 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

We also probably wouldn’t have spent the money we did. We spent almost all of it that season 

It’s still a loss but I’m optimistic for the future. Non-match day income is increasing, with the re-developed ground, which is an essential part of the SL master plan. The days of wasting money on overpaid signings also seems to be a thing of the past, with perhaps one or two exceptions. Onwards and upwards!

13 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

It’s still a loss but I’m optimistic for the future. Non-match day income is increasing, with the re-developed ground, which is an essential part of the SL master plan. The days of wasting money on overpaid signings also seems to be a thing of the past, with perhaps one or two exceptions. Onwards and upwards!

I should think the game tomorrow along with all the TV rights will wipe out that £3m. :) 

40 minutes ago, Tiree said:

anyone want to suggest a better owner than we have? If i could be bothered to look back 10 months there seemed to be plenty of people telling this forum he didnt know how to pick a manager, run a football club or fire Lj. I suspect he will be the talk of British Football if we win tonight or get to the Premier League this season; and rightly so.

Well this post reeked of smugness and then it all went wrong very quickly. 

Archived