IGNORED

What is everyone thinking.....

BCFC@Frome

2 hours ago, RedKatieScarlett said:

I’m really excited even though I too, don’t have a ticket ( long story involving big family, returning uncles and my sister & I being kind!!) but am all geared up with my Now tv pass for tonight!! Feels like we’ve been waiting for ages and now the day is here ( very Christmassy!). I have a positive feel about today and am so very proud of my team who I know will go out there and give it their all. This team is something special and win or lose that’s what we’ll see tonight. COYR

Haven't got any likes left today, but what a lovely thing for you and your sister to do. :clapping:

2 hours ago, BCFC@Frome said:

Unfortunately due to a broken ankle 3 weeks ago I have had to pass my ticket on... let's hop it's a night that will live long in the memories...

For a guy with a broken ankle that is one of the most appropriate spelling errors ever!

Sincere apologies fella, but it did make me giggle and I needed to, so thanks for that! Genuinely gutted for you that you can’t make it tonight, great post as well....all the best...

26 minutes ago, Reigate Red said:

Just having breakfast and setting off by train to Bristol shortly. Decided to make the day of it with a mooch around Bristol and visit my sister before getting to the ground. 

Getting excited for tonight but in a nice non stressy way. Would absolutely love to win to be able to go into work and face down all those Man U fans (and I use that term loosely). Feel that if we are to win it needs to be in the 90 minutes - really don't fancy our chances on penalties.

See you hoards later COYR.

Love the thread about the fans in Oz making pre-dawn arrangements to watch the match .

Absolutely-if it goes to x-time we will have lost the opportunity..give it everything,90 mins,balls out,shit or bust and accept the outcome.

This game is the first time for a while that I've had nothing but excitement for a game. There's always an element of nervousness going into a league fixture, whether that is a promotion battle where we don't want to lose our unbeaten run or a relegation battle where we are looking at the table below us. 

The pressure is completely off us and, if we can somehow get a result, it will be a game which goes down in folklore. 

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

I am thinking I dont know if I can do 6 pints before a match and 4 pints after anymore but there is only one way to find out

I think you can.

Even better will be the way alcohol kills thoughtful, analytic Dave and releases angry Dave!!

30 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

For a guy with a broken ankle that is one of the most appropriate spelling errors ever!

Sincere apologies fella, but it did make me giggle and I needed to, so thanks for that! Genuinely gutted for you that you can’t make it tonight, great post as well....all the best...

Believe it or not I meant to spell it that way. Daft superstition, a bit like not actually sitting until the kick off has been taken. Strange little habits that football seems to bring on.

3 hours ago, BCFC@Frome said:

So tonight's match....

It's a strange one to describe.

Yes it's a massive game as one of the biggest clubs in the world are lucky enough to have Manchester United visit Ashton Gate 

Ive just corrected your post for complete accuracy Frome. :)

3 hours ago, RedKatieScarlett said:

I’m really excited even though I too, don’t have a ticket ( long story involving big family, returning uncles and my sister & I being kind!!) but am all * geared up with my Now tv pass for tonight!! Feels like we’ve been waiting for ages and now the day is here ( very Christmassy!). I have a positive feel about today and am so very proud of my team who I know will go out there and give it their all. This team is something special and win or lose that’s what we’ll see tonight. COYR

* 'geared up' ? ....

Hmm, I wouldn't recommend watching this game whilst under the influence of anything if I were you, besides everyone should be on a natural high for this one anyway..   :fingerscrossed: for a great and memorable occasion for everyone tonight.

(Ps .. only jokin, btw , except for the last bit.)

I'm thinking it'll be an enjoyable occasion for all and a glimpse of what could be if we make it but am expecting to lose, to move on quickly once the media hype has moved on and then we can get back to focussing on the League. 

Hopefully we dont pick up any injuries or cards tonight.

Most importantly though a lose won't impact the team or the form we're in at the moment.

I just hope we dont end up on the wrong side of a mauling.

Pogba, De Gea, Rashford, Lukaku.....this would be on another level for us, and I am not sure we could cope with it.   What we do in the league means everything, and I would hate to see our nerve and rhythm getting shredded for the sake of a night in front of the cameras.

Yeah I know.....bah humbug !

You are right that they have enough quality to turn us over.

I remember at Anfield in 1994 on the way to the game I was hoping we could keep the score down to a respectable level. Then we got to half time still at 0-0 and I thought that we were making a game of it and if we lost it would be by a narrow margin. Then Tinnion scored....

More of the same tonight would be grand.

Have never felt so emotional ahead of a game, in a good way, and can't stop myself imagining the joy of winning this! 

After so many years of poor draws in cup competitions this is a fit reward for all at the club, staff and supporters alike. Will be there with my dad, mum and a full heart. COYR!!!!

Archived