IGNORED

Post best tweets/images etc from today to pass the long hours !!

Meh

I think it’s a touch of class.

Jose is well known for enjoying his wine and has gone to similar lengths as LJ to source good wine in the past, for Sir Alex for example.

The post match glass of wine in the home managers office is a nice old school British tradition which seems to be dying out, it’s a nice sign of mutual respect between managers - how is that pathetic?

I understand where Matt Law is coming from to a certain extent. LJ talking about how he thinks the players shouldn't dare to start thinking about swapping shirts until the game is over and how he never swapped shirts once. He talks about players showing too much respect if they request to swap shirts after the game but then goes on at length about Mourinho's books and how he's bought a bottle of wine specially for him. I suppose the clash of 2 managers is very different to 2 teams however.

4 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I understand where Matt Law is coming from to a certain extent. LJ talking about how he thinks the players shouldn't dare to start thinking about swapping shirts until the game is over and how he never swapped shirts once. He talks about players showing too much respect if they request to swap shirts after the game but then goes on at length about Mourinho's books and how he's bought a bottle of wine specially for him. I suppose the clash of 2 managers is very different to 2 teams however.

The wine is for getting him onside in loaning out some young talent in Jan. :shifty:

6 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Very different things in my opinion. 

Asking for a players’ shirt is schoolboy fan behaviour. Swapping shirts won’t make our players any better.

Learning from, and building a relationship with, someone who has won multiple trophies and is top of his game...that’s just clever business and self improvement IMO.

3 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Learning from, and building a relationship with, someone who has one multiple trophies and is top of his game...that’s just clever business and self improvement IMO.

Exactly, get the guy to stick around, show him the facilities, show him the kind of club we are. Then phone him up in January and ask how his U23's are getting on and are there any decent young players that fancy a run in a top championship team?

Much more likely to get a call back from the decision maker if you've had a half hour chat and made a bit of effort with him.

5 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Presume there are people on here who know 'Barn' in real life? He makes I laugh

I’ve never met him.  Same with Dave ‘Brownhill’s Ears’ Managh.(RIP Dave)...But feel as if I do through Twitter.  I know a few that know “Barn", would love to get an intro to him.

Archived