IGNORED

Selfish ***** on the pitch

cidercity1987

23 minutes ago, bris red said:

Stop moaning you miserable ******* bellends. Its called passion, something modern football has got toss all of anymore. Let people enjoy the win, so what you didnt get to clap the players fo0k me im sure you as grown men can live with it and im certain the players can live with it! 

Anyway Bring on Man City !

Get a grip, as a ‘grown man’ you should surely should  be able to watch city win and not go on the pitch. Try thinking of others for a second

22 minutes ago, dolman_man said:

I wanted to celebrate with the players after the game. Instead 1000 or so idiots invaded the pitch unable to control their excitement to the detriment of the other 20000 or so fans. 

I would be in favour of identifying as many of them as possible and banning them for at least the rest of this season. And also disqualifying them from purchasing a season ticket for next season. 

The FA will probably take action against the club for their failure to control their fans. And quite correctly too

A magnificent performance and result will be overshadowed by a few mindless idiots who cannot control themselves. 

Sadly the Police community officer did say they have a zero tolerance policy so many of them will likely see banning orders. I was going mental in the stands, and it would have been nice to congratulate the team - but it is what it is, a great night certainly one to remember.

27 minutes ago, dolman_man said:

I wanted to celebrate with the players after the game. Instead 1000 or so idiots invaded the pitch unable to control their excitement to the detriment of the other 20000 or so fans. 

I would be in favour of identifying as many of them as possible and banning them for at least the rest of this season. And also disqualifying them from purchasing a season ticket for next season. 

The FA will probably take action against the club for their failure to control their fans. And quite correctly too

A magnificent performance and result will be overshadowed by a few mindless idiots who cannot control themselves. 

Get a ******* grip

1 hour ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Granted scoring a 93rd minute winner v Man U is worthy of a huge celebration, but it makes us look tinpot going on the pitch and will now get the club fined. Celebrate in the stands/outside! Cringey as.

**** off you little virgin wet wipe

42 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I’m usually against it but **** me I almost invaded my tv so at the ground I’m pretty sure I’d have been on the pitch.  All good hearted and looked friendly as anything.  

Good work all through the game by those lucky enough to be there. 

Whats epic is we outplayed them, that wasn’t a plucky underdog performance, we bloody won that.

bit emotional and I only watched on telly, have a good, and safe, night lads and lasses!

:clapping:

Unfortunately it wasn’t all good hearted and friendly, a few United fans got on the pitch and there was several fights breaking out, I counted at least 8 arrests.

To be quite honest I thought it was embarrassing, if you’re gonna go on the pitch why goad the away fans who we’re well behaved all night????

22 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

First off i never went on the pitch.

And normally I'm not really happy about this sort of stuff.

However.

This is my generations Anfield. Possibly the best game of football ive ever seen live. 

I will never, ever criticise our fans after that. Drink it in.

Absolutely spot on. Winning a match in the 93rd minute is an unbelievable buzz, let alone when it's a quarter final against Man United!! 

I live in Singapore now and I was watching it alone in my living room but when that goal went in I went ******* mental, I must have looked like a nutcase running around screaming waking up the missus...

34 minutes ago, dolman_man said:

A magnificent performance and result will be overshadowed by a few mindless idiots who cannot control themselves

Lee Johnson ran down the pitch, picked up a ball boy and swung him around in the air several times.

Was he an idiot who couldn't control himself?

How do you "control" excitement.

Seems a contradiction to me, but stand to be corrected.

2 minutes ago, BCFC_95 said:

Unfortunately it wasn’t all good hearted and friendly, a few United fans got on the pitch and there was several fights breaking out, I counted at least 8 arrests.

To be quite honest I thought it was embarrassing, if you’re gonna go on the pitch why goad the away fans who we’re well behaved all night????

I was only watching on tv so they obviously skipped past that, in which case we expect a fine I guess and a few more fans with banning orders.  I never understood why after a win you goad the opposition supporters, we won and that should be enough.

39 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Might have been a bit scary, but you can guarantee that they'll remember the atmosphere for the rest of their lives. 

Absolutely, was saying that to them on the way home. Was a bit touch and go for a couple of minutes but that’s the kind of night you just never forget. I still can’t believe it! 

1 minute ago, DaveF said:

Absolutely spot on. Winning a match in the 93rd minute is an unbelievable buzz, let alone when it's a quarter final against Man United!! 

I live in Singapore now and I was watching it alone in my living room but when that goal went in I went ******* mental, I must have looked like a nutcase running around screaming waking up the missus...

We are abroad somewhere nice and not sure what our neighbours thought of us going mad at 2am as it is here when we scored.

In a game like that I defy anyone to control their emotions in the immediate 30 seconds after a goal has been scored.

I was sat in the corner of the south stand with 7 kids (6-11) behind the disabled section. 

I spent the final minutes with 2 other dad's making sure nobody was crushed. I'm not overstating this, people were literally trying to climb over us then over the wall.

That said, whilst I was shouting at the youngsters to stop climbing over us, I was just annoyed at the lack of consideration not the fact they went on the pitch.

When I was in my early 20s with no kids, I'm sure I would have tried to get on, but I'm in my 30s with kids and I just have a different view now.

I don't think any of them did anything wrong and I try to put myself in their shoes rather than act all pious. Once they saw the kids at the front trying to get safe, a small switch in their young brains flicks on and they all start apologising and looking out for them.

Everybody is young once.

For the record, all the kids were buzzing and thought it was the greatest night of their lives. The 11 year olds were actually moaning in the car that they didn't get on the pitch to hug their heroes!!

6 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Lee Johnson ran down the pitch, picked up a ball boy and swung him around in the air several times.

Was he an idiot who couldn't control himself?

How do you "control" excitement.

Seems a contradiction to me, but stand to be corrected.

I think people are referring to the safety aspect. There was a disabled lad in front of me who was struggling and I had 7 U12s with me who all got squashed. I think about their safety nowadays but when I was a young 20 something it wouldn’t even have occurred to me. 

You can’t knock people for being excited. Now we’re all out safe and sound they’re all buzzing as much as I am! 

Ok- so the last time I ran on the pitch was when we beat Brentford in the last game of our promotion season and I hugged Rob Newman.

Imagine my surprise when I found myself on the pitch tonight for the first time some 30 years later.

#apologetic   

#loved every second

#we just beat Man effing U and if you had a problem with that you could have turned off your Sky TV

This was a proper win and one we deserved I’m sure most of us of a certain age have been on the pitch at least once, sometimes at the club’s request.  I don’t condone it but I can understand it.  

And to those with a bunch of kids I suggest the family area for big games, ffs I had darts coming at me at the age of 10 at away matches, just be aware of what you’re taking the kids into.

12 minutes ago, 054123 said:

I was sat in the corner of the south stand with 7 kids (6-11) behind the disabled section. 

I spent the final minutes with 2 other dad's making sure nobody was crushed. I'm not overstating this, people were literally trying to climb over us then over the wall.

That said, whilst I was shouting at the youngsters to stop climbing over us, I was just annoyed at the lack of consideration not the fact they went on the pitch.

When I was in my early 20s with no kids, I'm sure I would have tried to get on, but I'm in my 30s with kids and I just have a different view now.

I don't think any of them did anything wrong and I try to put myself in their shoes rather than act all pious. Once they saw the kids at the front trying to get safe, a small switch in their young brains flicks on and they all start apologising and looking out for them.

Everybody is young once.

For the record, all the kids were buzzing and thought it was the greatest night of their lives. The 11 year olds were actually moaning in the car that they didn't get on the pitch to hug their heroes!!

Roll on man city!

1 minute ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Nah, OTT mate.

What do you achieve by being on the pitch instead of the stand?

From a health & safety standpoint, some of the more vulnerable people are at risk. From a financial perspective, the club will receive a fine. There was a bit of violence and some arrests towards the end. The players couldn't come out and soak in the atmosphere. Makes us look tinpot.

I'm all for going mad and having a big celebration, but don't understand what, if any, the perks of being on the pitch are vs having a party in the stand?

So- why did the stewards open the bloody gate and allow us through????

When I was asked to leave the pitch- I did so immediately.

Bloody hell- winning in the last minute against one of the top teams in Europe and biggest teams in the world is a special moment and not one that I have had the pleasure of before- if you weren't there or don't get it then fair enough but it was so good natured and such a celebration that usual protocol goes out of the window. This night will never leave me.

4 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Nah, OTT mate.

What do you achieve by being on the pitch instead of the stand?

From a health & safety standpoint, some of the more vulnerable people are at risk. From a financial perspective, the club will receive a fine. There was a bit of violence and some arrests towards the end. The players couldn't come out and soak in the atmosphere. Makes us look tinpot.

I'm all for going mad and having a big celebration, but don't understand what, if any, the perks of being on the pitch are vs having a party in the stand?

Bureaucracy gone mad. oooooo health and safety! Players cant soak up atmosphere. Looked to me like the players loved the post whistle atmosphere. Enjoy the win. Don't spoil it.

Archived