IGNORED

Selfish ***** on the pitch

cidercity1987

For those saying they (understandably) wanted the chance to pay their tribute to the players from the stands

Any form of ' lap of honour' would have looked even more' tinpot' IMHO

A short mutual clapping from both sides wouldn't have looked tinpot 

But who the hell would have wanted such muted celebration after such a fantastic night 

29 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I get the excitement and euphoria of winning such a game especially with a added time winner but invading the pitch like that just portrayed City a poor light on Sky TV.  As others have said - embarrassing.

The club will get fined as well.. 

I think it showed total euphoria, last minute goal, massive adrenalin hit, no time to settle. After the match there was not the rush to get back to cars and buses, strangers stood in groups and shared their joy, pubs filled, car horns blew, people went on the pitch, I was hugged by an old girl from the Executive Box behind my seat and several other total strangers. Some looked dazed others just had dopey grins as we filed out into the red tinged mist......Bloody brilliant. It was all about us, the long suffering supporters who go week in week out with little to celebrate most years....drink it in it doesn't happen that often. If you want to sit in your seat and applaud the stars I suggest you go to the theatre and wait for the curtain call! 

7 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Who gives a **** What fans of other Clubs think about it 

I don’t care what other clubs think about us but I care from a personal point of view. It’s all about standards. For example a gentleman should always turn off his  phone at dinner, never wear a baseball cap back-to-front and be able to undo a bra with one hand. As with standards for gentlemen, there should be standards for fans - don’t do a pitch invasion. 

3 minutes ago, adamski said:

I think it showed total euphoria, last minute goal, massive adrenalin hit, no time to settle. After the match there was not the rush to get back to cars and buses, strangers stood in groups and shared their joy, pubs filled, car horns blew, people went on the pitch, I was hugged by an old girl from the Executive Box behind my seat and several other total strangers. Some looked dazed others just had dopey grins as we filed out into the red tinged mist......Bloody brilliant. It was all about us, the long suffering supporters who go week in week out with little to celebrate most years....drink it in it doesn't happen that often. If you want to sit in your seat and applaud the stars I suggest you go to the theatre and wait for the curtain call! 

I get it Adam. 

It was exactly the same the only time I ever invaded the pitch in 1976.

Doesnt make it any less embarrassing tho particularly on live TV.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I get it Adam. 

It was exactly the same the only time I ever invaded the pitch in 1976.

Doesnt make it any less embarrassing tho particularly on live TV.

It's good TV any proper fan from the EFL will be dead jealous and thinking "good on you" you celebrate...not "oh dear, how disgusting running on the pitch". It's only in recent years that running on the pitch has been frowned on, It used to be the done thing, football, cricket, rugby...... maybe not rowing. I'm sick of the corporate shininess of football these days. Most of our core support love the emotion and spontaneity of the supporters lot, and for us that's mostly depression and frustration. I really could not give a two penny toss what the rest of the world outside of the Gate think, it was a positive thing, just because a few Mancs who cannot stand to lose trying to have a go, that says everything about plastic fans who cannot take it when their corporate masters millions don't give them their weekly glory fix! The goading followed a couple of assaults from the away end.....

I'm usually very much against pitch invasions other than promotions and major trophy wins, but I think given who we beat and how we beat them, it was entirely justified. If Bryan's had been the only goal and the last 30 mins had been dull and defensive, then it would have looked bad. As it was, it was fair enough I reckon. Shame the players didn't get to celebrate with each on the pitch, salute the stands, etc. I was that shell shocked watching at home that I didn't really form an opinion other than "WTF JUST HAPPENED" at the time

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Not at all. 

Its just that I'm not 21 anymore as I was the last time I invaded the pitch.

Nor am I 

And I did consider moving my knees down the Dolman to pile in

After a quick assessment I calculated that I would make the centre circle by 11.27pm ...... and abandoned the idea 

:sad26:

:laughcont:

A very good consolation  was seeing so many enjoying every moment in their way on or off the pitch

:city:

16 hours ago, 29AR said:

Ban me then. #admission 

And how do you propose you celebrate with players, a customary 60 second clap and they walk away?! We are in the semi-effing-final beating a surprisingly strong utd team. That was for the fans. That was the celebration it warranted, it got what it deserved. 

You may have been able to celebrate with the players close up for a few minutes  but the majority were unable to celebrate with them at all  

If we get promoted, are you going to run on the pitch every time we beat a top 6 side. 

And I do think you should be banned for the rest of the season. 

9 minutes ago, dolman_man said:

You may have been able to celebrate with the players close up for a few minutes  but the majority were unable to celebrate with them at all  

If we get promoted, are you going to run on the pitch every time we beat a top 6 side. 

And I do think you should be banned for the rest of the season. 

A shame the players couldn’t celebrate with those that chose to stay in the stands . Unfortunately it is an offence to enter the field of play but feel it is unlikely the club will try and find the culprits due to the massive numbers . 

I know it's naughty and all that but in my mind, you can't beat a good pitch invasion at the end of a thrilling match or season…I really don't like the orchestrated walk round by the players at the end. So dull…and sanitised. Let's take the fun out of everything and make it all boring.:chant6ez::city:

Archived