IGNORED

Selfish ***** on the pitch

cidercity1987

16 minutes ago, shelts said:

A shame the players couldn’t celebrate with those that chose to stay in the stands . Unfortunately it is an offence to enter the field of play but feel it is unlikely the club will try and find the culprits due to the massive numbers . 

Imagine if they banned us all. They could then sell a few thousand extra half season tickets. 

Mark Ashton's view (below) is spot on in my opinion...I wasn't on the pitch last night, but what the pictures on TV and in the press say to me...and clearly to others...is 'passion', a priceless commodity:

'It really was euphoria and you always worry when fans come onto the pitch but I can't blame them because the excitement, the pent-up passion and the club waiting for an opportunity to celebrate something of that magnitude.'

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/mark-ashton-reflects-on-amazing-night-for-city/

17 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Hurdled the barrier at the front of the South stand  with aplomb and made it to the centre circle early doors. Buzz.

Hmm; two years time , they'll be selecting athletes for the 2020 Olympics! 

42 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Mark Ashton's view (below) is spot on in my opinion...I wasn't on the pitch last night, but what the pictures on TV and in the press say to me...and clearly to others...is 'passion', a priceless commodity:

'It really was euphoria and you always worry when fans come onto the pitch but I can't blame them because the excitement, the pent-up passion and the club waiting for an opportunity to celebrate something of that magnitude.'

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/mark-ashton-reflects-on-amazing-night-for-city/

"At one point Steve (Lansdown) had me in a headlock." :clapping::laughcont:

9 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

He’s always been a bit weirdly miserable about that sort of thing. Even dating back to a few fans messing about on the Portugal pre-season your a couple of years ago.

The other players seemed to love it anyway so who cares.

That might be the player who picks up an injury when a fan decides it's a great idea to jump all over him.

3 hours ago, dolman_man said:

You may have been able to celebrate with the players close up for a few minutes  but the majority were unable to celebrate with them at all  

If we get promoted, are you going to run on the pitch every time we beat a top 6 side. 

And I do think you should be banned for the rest of the season. 

Beat a team currently in the CL quarter final, playing a £400m squad, beating them very deservedly with an academy graduate scoring the first goal, winner set up in the 93rd minute by a widely underrated player bought from our rival less than 12m ago for fk all, in a cup knockout competition where the result has a direct impact rather than in a league.... yes is the answer to your question. - every frigging time. 

Look ffs stop moaning it’s a invasion of joy and excitement there was no malice in it and as for goading Man Utd fans wasn’t that what half the ground were doing all through the game . Fans young and old hugging and patting their hero’s on the back nothing more nothing less 

22 hours ago, dolman_man said:

I wanted to celebrate with the players after the game. Instead 1000 or so idiots invaded the pitch unable to control their excitement to the detriment of the other 20000 or so fans. 

I would be in favour of identifying as many of them as possible and banning them for at least the rest of this season. And also disqualifying them from purchasing a season ticket for next season. 

The FA will probably take action against the club for their failure to control their fans. And quite correctly too

A magnificent performance and result will be overshadowed by a few mindless idiots who cannot control themselves. 

Take a frigging chill pill !   Are u an automaton or human?  People get emotional at such events, its called spontaneity, I"m sure no harm or intent was meant, its excitement and joy...............get over yourself you sad individual

I wanted to celebrate with the players after the game. Instead 1000 or so idiots invaded the pitch unable to control their excitement to the detriment of the other 20000 or so fans. 

I would be in favour of identifying as many of them as possible and banning them for at least the rest of this season. And also disqualifying them from purchasing a season ticket for next season. 

The FA will probably take action against the club for their failure to control their fans. And quite correctly too

A magnificent performance and result will be overshadowed by a few mindless idiots who cannot control themselves. 

Take a frigging chill pill !   Are u an automaton or human?  People get emotional at such events, its called spontaneity, I"m sure no harm or intent was meant, its excitement and joy...............get over yourself you sad individual

4 hours ago, shelts said:

A shame the players couldn’t celebrate with those that chose to stay in the stands . Unfortunately it is an offence to enter the field of play but feel it is unlikely the club will try and find the culprits due to the massive numbers . 

I hold my hands up. We went on. With the good grace of the stewards who allowed us to open the gate and who directed us off at the end.

******* hell. It might be an offence. It might attract a fine. We won the game in injury time.

If you want unemotional sterile sport then watch it on the telly.

I’m was one of the first on the pitch. I was also probably the first to the away end. I was that nob head who hugged Luke Steele and then ran behind the goal laughing at the United fans before being chased off by police. I’m not proud of it. In fact, I woke up this morning and felt quite embarrassed of myself. But when Korey hit that winner I lost my mind. I love City to the point of obsession. I’ve waited years, travelling home and away for a moment like that. Little Bristol City have just beaten the biggest club and apparently the best fans in the world. I can’t remember my thought process, there was no thought process. Before I knew where I was I was hugging Steele and had police swinging at me. Many will call me a****, and rightly so, but that was pure passion last night. Man United have achieved everything in the game and I’ve had to listen to their plastic fans gloat my entire life and we’ve just done them. Get in City I forking LOVE IT 

16 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

Look ffs stop moaning it’s a invasion of joy and excitement there was no malice in it and as for goading Man Utd fans wasn’t that what half the ground were doing all through the game . Fans young and old hugging and patting their hero’s on the back nothing more nothing less 

Plenty of young kids (and not so young kids) doing knee slides on the playing surface. No need for that whatsoever.

1 hour ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

I hold my hands up. We went on. With the good grace of the stewards who allowed us to open the gate and who directed us off at the end.

******* hell. It might be an offence. It might attract a fine. We won the game in injury time.

If you want unemotional sterile sport then watch it on the telly.

Fair play 

3 hours ago, 29AR said:

Beat a team currently in the CL quarter final, playing a £400m squad, beating them very deservedly with an academy graduate scoring the first goal, winner set up in the 93rd minute by a widely underrated player bought from our rival less than 12m ago for fk all, in a cup knockout competition where the result has a direct impact rather than in a league.... yes is the answer to your question. - every frigging time. 

So you’re going to run on the pitch at every win. And you agree you should be banned. 

Idiot!

12 hours ago, dolman_man said:

So you’re going to run on the pitch at every win. And you agree you should be banned. 

Idiot!

Firstly the only question you asked was re running on a pitch again - you asked for and got no opinion on the merits of banning. If you read my response it should be clear I said in the circumstances of that night, not 'every win'. You're clearly not worth engaging with because you are drawing inferences which were not there. 

Like @BigAlToby&Liam I only entered once with the permission of the stewards. I see nothing wrong in that. And won't. 

IMO it would have been more "tinpot" if our players came out and did a lap of honour after the game akin to the end of year walkaround. 

As others have said if it happened in the 75 min there wouldn't have been a pitch invasion. Merely the pure euphoric feeling of the last minute goal that made people spill onto the pitch. Its everything that is right about football, pure unadulterated joy. (although there was no need to go and taunt the opposition fans).

49 minutes ago, streety_bcfc said:

IMO it would have been more "tinpot" if our players came out and did a lap of honour after the game akin to the end of year walkaround. 

As others have said if it happened in the 75 min there wouldn't have been a pitch invasion. Merely the pure euphoric feeling of the last minute goal that made people spill onto the pitch. Its everything that is right about football, pure unadulterated joy. (although there was no need to go and taunt the opposition fans).

Exactly, we called Swindon tinpot (rightfully so) after there Lap of honour of the final day of the season in November 2015. 

A last minute winner against Man U, celebrate it however you want! 

Even Johnson said he would’ve grabbed a 90 year old granny, his mum or whoever was near him to celebrate that goal. Personally the law of running on the pitch is a bit naff, should be down to the clubs to punish and shouldn’t lead to a criminal record. It’s running on grass with other humans ffs!!! 

Archived