IGNORED

Keep the core.

Tipps69

I really hope we do what’s required to stop players having their heads turned by other Championship clubs just because of wages.

I don’t resent anyone for bettering themselves & going on to The Premier League but let’s not allow any of our players to have their heads turned by other Championship clubs with the offer of wages that we can match, let’s save ourselves the hassle of having to find replacements & having to pay out transfer fees etc when we already have such a talented core to our squad, let’s build around this lot, not allow others to cherry-pick our best players.

I would happily accept new contracts being signed by Flint, Bryan, Smith, Paterson, Brownhill & Reid ahead of us making any new signings in January, I really hope we can make sure we have done all we can to not allow these players to join a Championship rival.

Well done lads, you deserve your new contracts.

2 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

I seriously doubt anyone will leave in Jan unless the bid is crazy money for both club and player - and that won't be from a Championship club.

If we don't go up then I think there will be some offers to fend off or indeed, consider.

I dont think you could drag Joe away, or any of the others, they seem so together a team, a real tight knit group and whats on offer cannot be offered by the Prem.

But if we dont go up... then wew.. I don't want to think about it, i would cry if we lost anyone

We have to be a bit honest with ourselves. The plan at the core of the club is to buy young, talented players, improve them and the team as a whole and then move them on for the right money to allow us to develop a deeper, stronger squad. 

I think it is inevitable that, if we don't go up, the right sort of money will be offered for one or two of our players in the summer. 

The key thing is to continue to recruit well and push on. We can succeed and establish ourselves as a credible premiership side if we stick to our guns.

Archived