IGNORED

Are we a "Attractive Club" yet?

bpexile

After our league efforts & now this incredible win over Man U I think to many of the doubters out there we are now "Attractive" to some class players not getting a start elsewhere. Being in the limelight just before the transfer window opens couldn't be better timing & at last we look like a club with serious ambitions, so thankyou SL, LJ & staff & of course the group of players who never give in :clap::clap:.

7 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Who are ‘the doubters’? Fans, our own board, players or agents?

It's been mentioned on here a few times by 'doubters' that we were a small club that cannot attract quality players.

Sorry mate you're in the wrong room for arguments, try nextdoor. 

7 minutes ago, fRed said:

World domination now a reality.

Remember this post when Joe Bryan blitzes down the left wing in the San Siro and sires one in to the roof of the net, taking City in to the knockout round of the Champions League,

1 minute ago, bpexile said:

It's been mentioned on here a few times by 'doubters' that we were a small club that cannot attract quality players.

Sorry mate you're in the wrong room for arguments, try nextdoor. 

Not up for an argument tonight thanks, just didn’t understand the negativity in your post after that victory.

We’re rocking and long may it continue!

Time to tear up this league and get in the Prem.

we looked a Premier League team and club tonight, the support and atmosphere was amazing 

Momentum is everything and we are on one hell of a role and I just want the journey to go on

imagine the scenes at the gate, on a par with tonight

what a night, what a team and what a club - proud to say my club!!

Without doubt we’re an increasingly attractive club for any player at upper Championship / lower Prem not-getting-a-game level.

We are third in the table, we have a fantastic stadium, good and growing support, a stable management setup, a wealthy owner, and we’ve just scored a famous victory that showcased the club at its absolute best.

I’d say we’ve gone up a level in terms of the calibre of player we might be able to sign - IF we’re willing to pay the wages to match.

15 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Not up for an argument tonight thanks, just didn’t understand the negativity in your post after that victory.

We’re rocking and long may it continue!

Nothing negative about my comments, I apologise, it wasn't meant to come over that way. I was merely asking the question whether we would now be attractive to some real quality players (& before it's taken the wrong way, not meaning we don't have quality already). I'm in my 70th year & had tears of joy streaming.

Well to any potential signings in January, I think this result has just swung their decision making process in our favour!!

League position aside, we will now be getting huge amounts of press attention from all over (let's not forget Man Utds global appeal - that result has been seen/heard the whole world over). Any potential signings will now have the chance to play against the Premiership winners in waiting this year - twice!!

We are witnessing something really special here, even if we don't make it to the Prem this season, and, let's be fair none of us would have thought in our wildest dreams that this would be possible this time last year!!

I was all for Johnson being sacked last year, and to be fair, with the way results went, SL would have been fully justified in doing so. However, I am really glad that this didn't happen. We wouldn't be witnessing what is happening now otherwise.

I was sat next to a chap last night (if you're reading you were sat in the Lansdown - S18, row 24 4 in from the steps - Can't remember the seat number!!) Who said the following:

When you look at Bournemouth, see the size of their stadium and where they are now,  we can easily sit up their with the "elite" in English football. I agree.

The infrastructure is now here, the stadium is now here, and it would appear that the manageent and players are all now here as well.

One final thing, on 5s highlights last night, they got onto Swanseas situation, and said that we have beaten more Premiership teams this season than both Swansea and West Brom (I think).

Watford, West Brom, Palace and now Man Utd. We have beaten a fifth of the Premiership this season. If we were to go up, I think we'd do alright.

35 minutes ago, Taz said:

Well to any potential signings in January, I think this result has just swung their decision making process in our favour!!

League position aside, we will now be getting huge amounts of press attention from all over (let's not forget Man Utds global appeal - that result has been seen/heard the whole world over). Any potential signings will now have the chance to play against the Premiership winners in waiting this year - twice!!

We are witnessing something really special here, even if we don't make it to the Prem this season, and, let's be fair none of us would have thought in our wildest dreams that this would be possible this time last year!!

I was all for Johnson being sacked last year, and to be fair, with the way results went, SL would have been fully justified in doing so. However, I am really glad that this didn't happen. We wouldn't be witnessing what is happening now otherwise.

I was sat next to a chap last night (if you're reading you were sat in the Lansdown - S18, row 24 4 in from the steps - Can't remember the seat number!!) Who said the following:

When you look at Bournemouth, see the size of their stadium and where they are now,  we can easily sit up their with the "elite" in English football. I agree.

The infrastructure is now here, the stadium is now here, and it would appear that the manageent and players are all now here as well.

One final thing, on 5s highlights last night, they got onto Swanseas situation, and said that we have beaten more Premiership teams this season than both Swansea and West Brom (I think).

Watford, West Brom, Palace and now Man Utd. We have beaten a fifth of the Premiership this season. If we were to go up, I think we'd do alright.

What we have is passion, pride, hard work, skill but most of all momentum which can carry the club to the next level

i am still emotional thinking about last night and have had a gut feeling since April last season that there is something special about this group of players. First ever season ticket and the last 5 months make me think my gut feeling was a good one.

My Dad is terminally ill with cancer and a few weeks left so we brought him home last night from hospital so he could see the game - So glad he got to watch his beloved City achieve a great result against Man U

20 minutes ago, INCRED said:

What we have is passion, pride, hard work, skill but most of all momentum which can carry the club to the next level

i am still emotional thinking about last night and have had a gut feeling since April last season that there is something special about this group of players. First ever season ticket and the last 5 months make me think my gut feeling was a good one.

My Dad is terminally ill with cancer and a few weeks left so we brought him home last night from hospital so he could see the game - So glad he got to watch his beloved City achieve a great result against Man U

Sorry to hear about your Dad, hope he loved every minute of last night. Hopefully the lads can put in more great performances for him :fingerscrossed::sad26:

On 21/12/2017 at 08:12, Taz said:

Sorry to hear about your Dad, hope he loved every minute of last night. Hopefully the lads can put in more great performances for him :fingerscrossed::sad26:

Thanks mate, he did and hope we can keep him around for as long as possible to see more of his City!!

Archived