IGNORED

Man C away

Snufflelufagus

As Arsenal are away to Forest on Sunday 7th January, they almost certainly won’t be playing their first leg against Chelsea on Tuesday 9th, so my best guess right now is that our trip to the blue side of Manchester will be on Tuesday 9th, with the first leg of Chelsea / Arsenal on Wednesday 10th. 

Only question is, are the two games definitely on the Tuesday and Wednesday, or could the Thursday be used instead?

7 minutes ago, North London Red said:

As Arsenal are away to Forest on Sunday 7th January, they almost certainly won’t be playing their first leg against Chelsea on Tuesday 9th, so my best guess right now is that our trip to the blue side of Manchester will be on Tuesday 9th, with the first leg of Chelsea / Arsenal on Wednesday 10th. 

Only question is, are the two games definitely on the Tuesday and Wednesday, or could the Thursday be used instead?

If Arsenal can’t play Sun-Tues why would we want to play Thus-Sat? I think we will be playing Tuesday, as they wouldn’t want both games on Weds will they? 

8 minutes ago, class not gas said:

Officilly 10%.

The puts us at approx 5500. However, the

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/etihad-stadium-manchester-city.html#awhat-is-it-like-for-visiting-supporters

says away end can hold up to 4500 if required.

Either way tickets will sell out in 0.02 seconds anyway :-)

UTC

6 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

if we give them the whole end we might get more tickets at there place?

That might have to be the trade off, but it would mean less for our fans at AG which I don’t think we would want. But you can’t have it both ways. 

6 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

Excellent. Doubt Man City will sell out the home end.

That’s true, there might be little interest in them turning up to watch us, I mean they win every week don’t they and this match won’t be covered by their ST’s. A huge interest for us but compared with some games they have we are a poor opposition in their eyes.

16 minutes ago, RedM said:

That’s true, there might be little interest in them turning up to watch us, I mean they win every week don’t they and this match won’t be covered by their ST’s. A huge interest for us but compared with some games they have we are a poor opposition in their eyes.

yes too true my man city mates going to Europe that weekafter saving there wedge for that

1 hour ago, RedM said:

If Arsenal can’t play Sun-Tues why would we want to play Thus-Sat? I think we will be playing Tuesday, as they wouldn’t want both games on Weds will they? 

I was thinking more that our game could be on the Wednesday with the Chelsea / Arsenal game being on the Thursday, but that would only happen if Arsenal and Chelsea were both playing the following Sunday (and I haven’t checked the fixtures yet to see if that’s possible). 

As noted above it looks very likely ours will be on the Tuesday, so I suspect it’s a moot point in any case. 

12 minutes ago, North London Red said:

I was thinking more that our game could be on the Wednesday with the Chelsea / Arsenal game being on the Thursday, but that would only happen if Arsenal and Chelsea were both playing the following Sunday (and I haven’t checked the fixtures yet to see if that’s possible). 

As noted above it looks very likely ours will be on the Tuesday, so I suspect it’s a moot point in any case. 

Ah that makes sense.

i just looked Chelsea have Norwich away on Sat 6th Jan (FA cup) and on Sat 13th they are at home to Leicester.

Arsenal are playing on Sun 7th Forest, FA cup and on Sunday 14th are away at Bournemouth.

On 3rd Jan Arsenal are at home to Chelsea in a Premiership match, so will play eachother twice in a week.

43 minutes ago, RedM said:

If Man City cannot sell out a semi final then that is more a reflection on there poor support as opposed to us being 'unattractive'. I can guarantee Arsenal or Chelsea would have sold there full allocations out if we would have drawn them just as United did.. you only have to look at the half empty etihad week in week out to see that there support is fairly **** in comparison to the other more established successful prem clubs

26 minutes ago, bris red said:

If Man City cannot sell out a semi final then that is more a reflection on there poor support as opposed to us being 'unattractive'. I can guarantee Arsenal or Chelsea would have sold there full allocations out if we would have drawn them just as United did.. you only have to look at the half empty etihad week in week out to see that there support is fairly **** in comparison to the other more established successful prem clubs

Its nicknamed the "emptihad" for a reason. 

1 hour ago, bris red said:

With respect to Man City, they were getting crowds of 30k plus in league 1 not so long ago.  

As others have said Tuesday 9th looking most likely for the away leg. 

Be interesting to see how many we would take. Obviously, huge match but on a Tuesday night, just after Christmas and at less than three weeks notice. I would suggest that getting tickets for this won't be that difficult. We'll take minimum 4k but would predict it would  make general sale 

30 minutes ago, Reading Red UTC said:

As others have said Tuesday 9th looking most likely for the away leg. 

Be interesting to see how many we would take. Obviously, huge match but on a Tuesday night, just after Christmas and at less than three weeks notice. I would suggest that getting tickets for this won't be that difficult. We'll take minimum 4k but would predict it would  make general sale 

It’s a semi final, it will sell out within 2/3 hours. 

Archived