IGNORED

That run by Flint

Vincent Vega

Can you imagine if it had gone to extra time - did anyone start to think LJ should bring on another sub before extra time and another when extra time started to get 2 fresh players on the pitch. Thank god Korey scored as the team were certainly starting to operate on fumes.

Just now, redsince1994 said:

Yeah unfortunately by the laws of the game it's a foul.

However, anyone else think keepers are way too protected? It was entirely Romero cocking up, smart play by Flint and in an ideal world would have stood.

Nah, he barges into him before he lets go of the ball. It's just a foul on that occasion. Generally they are slightly over-protected, but that's just since incidents like Petr Cech about 10 years ago. Goalkeepers are in the most vulnerable position on the pitch, they do deserve some protection.

Always been a massive Flint fan and quite open about it

For his desire and his journey would love to see him help us to the Prem

However , as much as a fan I am I thought that he may get found out against the very best

Last night he was fantastic (His partnership with the equally awesome Baker helps massively) and made me believe that he has plenty enough to play a level above - at times he'd be exposed but if I was a mid / lower Prem Club , with his goals , aerial dominance , commitment and drive I'd definitely be seriously coming after him

That run , when he must have been out on his feet absolutely SCREAMED .... Desire.....Warrior.......WINNER

:clap:

:worship2:

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Always been a massive Flint fan and quite open about it

For his desire and his journey would love to see him help us to the Prem

However , as much as a fan I am I thought that he may get found out against the very best

Last night he was fantastic (His partnership with the equally awesome Baker helps massively) and made me believe that he has plenty enough to play a level above - at times he'd be exposed but if I was a mid / lower Prem Club , with his goals , aerial dominance , commitment and drive I'd definitely be seriously coming after him

That run , when he must have been out on his feet absolutely SCREAMED .... Desire.....Warrior.......WINNER

:clap:

:worship2:

I’m glad you mentioned Baker. I think his performances sometimes go under the radar, but he is a crucial part of the team with Flint.

Baker seemed to be enjoying his battles with Ibrahimovic last night!

A proper Centre Back. Epitomises my old mans favourite term 'proper scrapper'. Hope he becomes a lifelong City player, has the potential to be a true legend up there with the likes of Louis Carey.

That was another of many highlights of the game, showing Lukaku who's boss. Had Ibrahimovic in his back pocket all game as well.

16 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

I’m glad you mentioned Baker. I think his performances sometimes go under the radar, but he is a crucial part of the team with Flint.

Baker seemed to be enjoying his battles with Ibrahimovic last night!

Agree.  Such a good organiser, and like Pisano - senses danger.

I saw him sprint last night, a rarity for him.  Able to position himself so he doesn’t have to very often.

1 hour ago, streety_bcfc said:

Had Ibra and Lukaku in his back pocket all night. Won everything he challenged for in the air. 

To be fair, Lukaku looked their most dangerous player when he came on. Three touches that could have easily been goals. Glad he didn't start.

None of this detracts from Flinty taking the ball from his feet and then making 40 yards with it in close control. What a man!

9 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

"He's just a head it and kick it merchant" 

Eh @Robbored?

Yep, I did say that a while back but you're (conviently?) forgetting that more recently I posted how much Flint has improved as a player.

I gave the credit to LJ and his coaches for working on Flints weaknesses as well as encouraging him to be proactive when in possession and that goes a long way to explaining his improvement.

Archived