IGNORED

Waves of emotion...

spudski

....anyone else still getting them this morning?

Trawling through the net, reading the compliments, watching the fans and players reactions...and when LJ and the ball boy do their thing...lump in throat time.

This is something special...

I said we'd win...and I'm so glad we have built this side under LJ.

Won't say 'I told you so'  ;-) :laugh:

The reactions around the world are amazing...my phone hasn't stopped pinging :laugh:

Everyone impressed with us and what we are doing. So many praising SL for giving LJ time to build this beautiful thing we are witnessing.

No mention of a 'one off'....but a fully deserved win and that we play great football.

The 'neutrals' are watching and realising this is what you should do running a club.

What a night...and the euphoric feeling this morning :-)

Running out of likes :laugh:

26 minutes ago, spudski said:

Trawling through the net, reading the compliments, watching the fans and players reactions...and when LJ and the ball boy do their thing...lump in throat time.

Yes. Listening to the radio is just unbelievable. My 6 year old slept in his city kit, my 11 year old had rang me twice singng city songs.

Just brilliant 

31 minutes ago, spudski said:

Been listening to Radio Bristol since 9 am (that's 7 am to you lot)  and have had a tear in my eye all morning, it's all about City and it's well deserved, can't stop enjoying it this morning!

A mate of mine is a Spurs fan but I’ve dragged him to a few away games over the years (I live away from Bristol now) He’s seen some terrible draws in awful places with me but he rang me yesterday completely overwhelmed by the result. He was watching in a pub in Manchester on his own and jumped up and down cheering when we scored the winner - dangerous, despite what people say about no Utd fans in Manchester.

He said he feels like a real fan now even though Spurs are his home town club. To be fair he’s earned his stripes with me over the years! 

31 minutes ago, spudski said:

The reactions around the world are amazing...my phone hasn't stopped pinging :laugh:

Everyone impressed with us and what we are doing. So many praising SL for giving LJ time to build this beautiful thing we are witnessing.

No mention of a 'one off'....but a fully deserved win and that we play great football.

The 'neutrals' are watching and realising this is what you should do running a club.

What a night...and the euphoric feeling this morning :-)

Running out of likes :laugh:

The same...and everyone, except an Arsenal friend, has said we are behind City now, all the way!

1 hour ago, spudski said:

The most incredible scenes at AG trumping both Hartlepool and Palace Semi 's. Incredible. 

46 minutes ago, spudski said:

It's days/nights like these that got me to join Twitter, some great responses.

Screen%20Shot%202017-12-21%20at%2009.31.

Screen%20Shot%202017-12-21%20at%2009.32.

Screen%20Shot%202017-12-21%20at%2009.32.

Screen%20Shot%202017-12-21%20at%2009.33.

not ashamed to admit i welled up a couple of times last night, in fact, still am. Ffs, I'm a mess and I wasn't even there! Keep reading in the press, on here, and on fb that we're onto something big, but last night feels like when it all crystalized together. It feels like a seminal moment for the club, like we've finally arrived. I don't think I'm getting carried away, all season i've been preaching caution, but it's hard not to let the emotions run away today. It could all yet still implode and go horribly wrong, but for now, I can't remember another time I've felt like this. So proud of the city, our team, our club and our fans. After all the sh**e we've lived through and witnessed home and away. Just wow. 

43 minutes ago, Offside said:

Yep. Radio Bristol just played the commentary from our goals and it brought tears to my eyes. It was a great night.

Yeah I shed a tear or 2 this morning and I rarely show emotion like that..... but Wow just WOW

3 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Have to say irritates me that a few thousand of that lot won't both turning up v Reading but will all want a semi ticket 

If we want to expand the fan base we have to accept some will be ‘casual’ fans who only turn up to the big occasions. This is to be expected the higher up a club goes and should be a compliment in a way!

When we have international support beyond a small & passionate (& slightly nutty!) Swedish contingent, we will know we have made it!

15 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

image.jpg

Winter doesn’t hold back in his praise of us or his disgust an Man Utd’s performance. Fantastic write up.

And yes, I still can’t believe it.

Henry Winter has always been one of the best around.

• Admin
35 minutes ago, stokes7 said:

Straight after going absolutely mental at us scoring the 2nd goal me and many others were looking at eachother in disbelief, did that really just happen

It was a really surreal moment, the reaction of Scott Murray was like the majority around me, the utter disbelief of what the club had achieved

Had loads of messages from friends of a variety of sides, even many sags saying how well we played

Archived