IGNORED

If We Lose To QPR...

And Its Smith

If LJ has to field a weakened team against QPR and we lose, was it all worth it?  

239 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes worth it. When LJ and all these players are gone we will still talk about it here. We all want promotion. We means everyone with any care for the club. Saturday is another game in the championship and we know it will be tough. I won’t hold it against LJ as we could have not played last night and still lose Wednesday. That is the league. We can be content knowing that if we do lose that the Man U game won’t be used as an excuse. 

Leeds in the 70's, Anfield, Bradford, Sheffield Utd A, Forest, who remembers or cares what the following results were. Those that were there remember these special nights for ever. These are the results that make up for all the other dirge dished up over the years. A bit of glory is what it is all about for a club like ours.

22 minutes ago, Robbored said:

LJ will field the strongest team available and as far as know there were no injuries last night so I'd expect FF back in goal and the same outfield as last night.

Why would he have to field a weakened team?

A pointless question imv.

Amazed I need to explain it:

We have lots of injuries and players are more likely to get injured when fatigued.  We cannot afford any more injuries so he will rest players if medic team say they shouldnt play  

4 minutes ago, jrabrewer said:

Before last night I would have said not worth it, prioritise league etc. Having now experienced it, its totally worth it. Nights like that are why we are into football, as fans we live for moments like that winner

AGree with the sentiment but if we miss out on promotion by a point and then get relegated the following season would you feel the same? 

Extreme example of course but would I swap last night for automatic promotion? In a heartbeat. 

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

AGree with the sentiment but if we miss out on promotion by a point and then get relegated the following season would you feel the same? 

Extreme example of course but would I swap last night for automatic promotion? In a heartbeat. 

Agreed, automatic promotion is the ultimate goal. I think sometimes tiredness etc can be more in the mind than anything. I remember in the 06/07 promotion season everyone was worried the Saturday after we took Boro to extra time in the FA cup, we had a really tough league game at Blackpool (who would end up getting promoted with us). Ended up battling to a superb 1-0 victory. I'll stick my neck out and back us to do the same on Saturday

5 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Amazed I need to explain it:

We have lots of injuries and players are more likely to get injured when fatigued.  We cannot afford any more injuries so he will rest players if medic team say they shouldnt play  

Why would they be anymore fatigued? They play with the same tempo and energy every game to are quite used to it. 

It'll be the psychological impact of the euphoria and subsequent come down that could possibly be an issue.

Forest was important, gave us impetus, never like to lose at home, etc.

I know the boys covered some miles tonight, but it was 90 minutes...glad it didn’t go into extra-time.

Time for the Sports Science chaps at the club to measure the impact and devise the rest and training plan to get the best side out there on Saturday.

The players won’t feel tired after a win, but their bodies might tell them something different.

If they want to stay competing in this division, these are the runs of games that make or break you.

Having said that, the FA Cup becomes a freebie for us imho.

I guess it depends: on whether we lose out on promotion/play offs by 3 points and/or whether we get to the Cup Final! We'll certainly make another shed load of cash from the semi, so that another factor!

I know what you mean about the fatigue, coupled with our injuries and thin squad. To be honest I think what's more of a problem than last night is that we've got two more games now in January - and it looks like that will be before most of our injured players start returning to fitness.

36 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Interested to know people's views now...

If players are fatigued and cannot play and we lose, was it worth last night?

This is where mostly younger fans would think it'd be worth it,and most of us 'old brigade I'd say wouldn't.

Depends(of course)if playoffs are achieved,but should we miss 'em by a point or two???...ouch!

31 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Leeds in the 70's, Anfield, Bradford, Sheffield Utd A, Forest, who remembers or cares what the following results were. Those that were there remember these special nights for ever. These are the results that make up for all the other dirge dished up over the years. A bit of glory is what it is all about for a club like ours.

After Bradford, I think we lost at home to Chester!

21 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Why would they be anymore fatigued? They play with the same tempo and energy every game to are quite used to it. 

It'll be the psychological impact of the euphoria and subsequent come down that could possibly be an issue.

Sorry but players definitely ran a lot further and harder last night than I've ever seen against league opposition. Furthermore mentally it would be more tiring last night as they had to be always on, ready for the likes of Pogba. 

Can't believe I'm writing about how Pack kept Pogba, £90mil Pogba, quiet! Still in shock.

We could have ran ourselves ragged last night and lost the game. Getting the result we did will spur them on as they will want to be playing games like this week in and week out. Maybe Brownhill is a concern, didn’t notice any other knocks etc. 

8 minutes ago, Selred said:

Sorry but players definitely ran a lot further and harder last night than I've ever seen against league opposition. Furthermore mentally it would be more tiring last night as they had to be always on, ready for the likes of Pogba. 

Can't believe I'm writing about how Pack kept Pogba, £90mil Pogba, quiet! Still in shock.

Did they run further than usual? I haven't access to prozone unfortunately.

Pack did a great job on Pogba but maybe Pogba was one of those who didn't want to be there as Mourinho mentioned post match.

47 minutes ago, gordie said:

Yes and no, last night is what you go to football for, those memories will last forever, no because we want those memories every week playing in the prem.

Absolutely 

30 minutes ago, Robbored said:

More fatigued? Possibly. They were dead on their feet near the end and still managed to get runners into the box, that would be the Manchester effect. We had to chase a little more and the effort was higher as the opposition was THAT much better.

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Forest was important, gave us impetus, never like to lose at home, etc.

I know the boys covered some miles tonight, but it was 90 minutes...glad it didn’t go into extra-time.

Time for the Sports Science chaps at the club to measure the impact and devise the rest and training plan to get the best side out there on Saturday.

The players won’t feel tired after a win, but their bodies might tell them something different.

If they want to stay competing in this division, these are the runs of games that make or break you.

Having said that, the FA Cup becomes a freebie for us imho.

Yup , I think this would be the game for Kelly , Leko , Vyner and the rest to be in contention. This would be the time for a weakened side.

I could be wrong but I think 1977 was the last time we won a league match at Loftus Road. Since then we've had seven defeats and five draws. That being said, we did win a 2002 LDV match there on penalties.

We seem to have turned around our terrible record against Forest in recent years so maybe it's about time we won at QPR.

https://www.11v11.com/teams/bristol-city/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Queens Park Rangers/

Archived