IGNORED

If We Lose To QPR...

And Its Smith

If LJ has to field a weakened team against QPR and we lose, was it all worth it?  

239 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Before the game I said to a mate I would rather we won on Saturday, but after last night while a loss on Saturday would be disappointing, I would accept it after last night. That was a special night, let's be honest games like that are what we dream of, I'm still a little bit in disbelief of what I saw. It was truly amazing.

It really feels like something special is happening down at Ashton Gate. COYR

Of course worth it

No question

And as far as Saturday, I reckon the boys will be so keen to get back out on the pitch they would run all the way to Loftus Rd.   They have just beaten Man Utd. They are now indestructible.  QPR must be slightly apprehensive I should think

And did you see the tweats coming in from supporters of Southampton, Swansea, Leeds (!) and Birmingham ?  And Premiership fans from all over England (and abroad) saying well done, good luck in the semis, what a fabulous team we have, and hurry up and bring your classy football up to the Premiership !!!!

47 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

I could be wrong but I think 1977 was the last time we won a league match at Loftus Road. Since then we've had seven defeats and five draws. That being said, we did win a 2002 LDV match there on penalties.

We seem to have turned around our terrible record against Forest in recent years so maybe it's about time we won at QPR.

https://www.11v11.com/teams/bristol-city/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Queens Park Rangers/

I was at the 1977 game and someone threw a knife at Phil Parkes. Stopped the game for a couple of minutes and he just carried on! Amazing what used to go on in the 70's. 

2 hours ago, RedDave said:

70% of fans said they'd rather beat Forest than United !

I voted on that poll and that certainly wasn't what I voted. I voted I'd prioritise the Forest game but that was partly because that game came first chronologically and I thought it would be folly to rest players on Saturday and wind up losing both. As it is, we've won both and I'm delighted.

I'm relieved it did not go to extra time last night. We've got a lot of games in a short space of time and I am still worried it will hit results but ultimately LJ and his team monitor and assess the players' fitness and I trust them to manage that as well as they can. But I think we really need to hit the ground running in the transfer window and I hope we start to get the injured lads back soon...

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Did they run further than usual? I haven't access to prozone unfortunately.

Pack did a great job on Pogba but maybe Pogba was one of those who didn't want to be there as Mourinho mentioned post match.

Pogba seemed like the only UTD player who cared . I thought he showed his class and his horrible, cheating, moaning side as well.

All the good stuff came through him .

Lukaku put in a shift equally.

The rest were just in shock at how good we were and never got into any sort of rhythm.

Did Martial even play ? 

1 hour ago, RedJim said:

I expect the players to be ready and fired up for Saturday, but you'd have to forgive them if we look tired. 

Last night was one of the great moments in our history, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. We'll be talking about that match in 50 years time.

I very much doubt it. Cidered Abroad (age 74) :clapping:

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Pogba seemed like the only UTD player who cared . I thought he showed his class and his horrible, cheating, moaning side as well.

The rest were just in shock at how good we were and never got into any sort of rhythm.

Did Martial even play ? 

I thought the opposite about Pogba. It was either Pack doing a job on him or he was one who 'didn't want to be there'  as Jose reckoned post match 

Im glad Lukaku didn't start. He looked a real threat when he came on.

2 hours ago, RedDave said:

Interested to know people's views now...

If players are fatigued and cannot play and we lose, was it worth last night?

Someone painfully sensible will say we shouldn't be trading league wins for cup glories.  I'm normally painfully sensible myself, but with the adrenalin still not entirely drained from my system, the memories still so fresh as to be unbelievable, and with only four hours sleep....I can't bring myself to make the sensible decision.  Last night was incredible.  Whatever will be at QPR will be.  Even if it costs us on Saturday, the overall confidence boost may still prove more valuable in the long run.

13 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Did Martial even play ? 

He  was the one waving his arms about in their penalty area who both the linesman on that side and also the referee managed to miss when he deflected Pack's shot over the the bar!

3 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

AGree with the sentiment but if we miss out on promotion by a point and then get relegated the following season would you feel the same? 

Extreme example of course but would I swap last night for automatic promotion? In a heartbeat. 

If we miss out on promotion by a point then there are several other games where will will have dropped points, why should the theoretical away loss on Saturday get the blame when there were already 2 home defeats and 2 poor home draws that have happened?

If we miss promotion by a point then I would feel the same because it's not all down to the QPR game, it's down to the entire 46.

This is ultimately where LJ will be tested in his managerial career - can he rotate and manage the squad accordingly with all these games in a short space of time.

Add to that the transfer window opens the Monday after next - he said the other day he was looking at someone, whether they'd sign on Jan 1st we will just have to wait and see.

Ultimately, we can only play what is in front of us and should Wolves & Cardiff finish above us, it is because they deserve it over the whole season, and not just because we didn't win away against QPR one December afternoon.

Last night will live in our memories for a long time, these players now will want to experience this again, so that is an additional drive for them to succeed over the next 6 months.

12 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

If we miss out on promotion by a point then there are several other games where will will have dropped points, why should the theoretical away loss on Saturday get the blame when there were already 2 home defeats and 2 poor home draws that have happened?

If we miss promotion by a point then I would feel the same because it's not all down to the QPR game, it's down to the entire 46.

Agreed, which is why it’s basically an impossible question to answer because we’ll fundamentally never know whether or not the win last night ultimately had any impact. 

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Did Martial even play ? 

Didn't look that caring with that horror tackle on Marlon!

I absolutely loved last Wednesday, probably my favourite moment following City. But I would have swapped it for a win today.

I want us to be able to create memories of beating the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea etc on a regular occurrence. The chance to establish ourselves in the top flight and even european football if it goes well. We could become regulars in the latter stages of the League and FA cups for all we know, so for me everything should be about promotion.

Maybe the momentum of the cup could help us but I fear not. We shall see...

22 minutes ago, RedSA said:

I absolutely loved last Wednesday, probably my favourite moment following City. But I would have swapped it for a win today.

I want us to be able to create memories of beating the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea etc on a regular occurrence. The chance to establish ourselves in the top flight and even european football if it goes well. We could become regulars in the latter stages of the League and FA cups for all we know, so for me everything should be about promotion.

If someone said to me on Tuesday you can beat United in the 93rd minute and then draw with QPR while Cardiff lose, I would have bitten their arm off. I’m delighted with how this week has panned out.

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If someone said to me on Tuesday you can beat United in the 93rd minute and then draw with QPR while Cardiff lose, I would have bitten their arm off. I’m delighted with how this week has panned out.

Sure, I respect those that would disagree with me. But I still would prefer a win today for the reasons I stated. 

42 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Feels quite sad that you would forsake your favourite ever city moment (and therefore best memory) for two more points which might mean nothing.  

17 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Feels quite sad that you would forsake your favourite ever city moment (and therefore best memory) for two more points which might mean nothing.  

I think people saying that sort of thing are either lying or lying to themselves.

The post-United buzz about Bristol City in the media and from our fans would never ever be replicated by an away win at QPR.

Archived