IGNORED

The Point When My View Changed

Port Said Red

Went to the ground last night like most people I think, more in hope than expectation. Hope we would put up a good show, expectation that we would perhaps be plucky losers.

I didnt feel like I really cared though, until the multi-millionaires started to act like spoilt children, because our players dared to tackle them instead of just watching them show off their skills.

I actually think it got to the point where it pissed off their mate Mike Dean as well, as he stopped giving fouls for harassment, rather proper fouls.

From the first whine from Pogba, I thought, I really want to see this guy lose and it was a great feeling to see him booked and made to look like a prize chump.

2 minutes ago, streety_bcfc said:

Rashford acted like a petulant child for most of the game, going down as Mourinho described the Man C players "at the sign of a light breeze". Thought Dean reffed the game very well and didnt put up with any of their play acting and panto antics.  

Really? I thought he was shocking, every time they were throwing themselves to the floor and didn't do a thing about it. 

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Really? I thought he was shocking, every time they were throwing themselves to the floor and didn't do a thing about it. 

Better than buying it like a fair few refs we've had this year did, Burton, Preston etc. 

1 minute ago, hodge said:

Better than buying it like a fair few refs we've had this year did, Burton, Preston etc. 

They were clearly diving but pretty sure he booked nobody for it. Also the free kick for the goal was another shocker. 3/10

15 minutes ago, Super said:

There were plenty of times where the so called stars of united flung themselves to the floor and he let play go on. The only thing I thought he got wrong IMO was the Pogba dive for their freekick which led to the goal. 

He was good in so much that he didnt get conned too often, he probably could have booked a couple of them for diving. Rashford especially was going down very easily and every time i was worried the ref might give it.

Just what was their keeper doing dropping the ball several times?

32 minutes ago, mozo said:

Also, our players were probably guilty of playing too fair when they had Utd players pushing them in the back and leaning on them. We could have gone down for an easy free kick a few times but instead played our way out of trouble.

That's the important part. We kept the pressure on them by keeping the ball moving and not allowing them to slow the game down and regroup. A free kick for a shove in the back on the half way line isn't what you want if you have confidence that your team mates can quickly move the ball away from danger and into the opposing half

Mike Dean seemed to give them loads of soft decisions at first, but then got wise. I wonder if he thought we'd come in and try and kick them off the park and then once the game started he thought "hang on, this lot are playing football". Free kick for the goal was a joke though 

30 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Did anyone get a clear view of Taylor's challenge that Pogba got so annoyed about, leading to his booking? He was motioning a sort of high-footed swipe, and I can't honestly say I know either way if that was the case.

Taylor caught the guy by hooking his foot round his shin.

We needed to stop their break and Taylor took the yellow card like a pro, as the cost of stopping their attack.

Pogba went nuts about it being high (probably more frustration about their counterattack being slowed) and got booked - his whining was particularly hypocritical given he'd done a high tackle with studs up on Wright earlier. At least Matty's studs were down

49 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Did anyone get a clear view of Taylor's challenge that Pogba got so annoyed about, leading to his booking? He was motioning a sort of high-footed swipe, and I can't honestly say I know either way if that was the case.

After his first half thigh high stud challenge? Hypocrite.

No great surprise though.

1 hour ago, Super said:

He was better than I expected him to be but he still favoured them. 

59 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Yes, Taylor caught him late, but I think Pogba’s motioning of a stamp was because Bailey Wright jumped into a position to get himself between ball and man. No stamp at all. 

2 hours ago, streety_bcfc said:

Rashford acted like a petulant child for most of the game, going down as Mourinho described the Man C players "at the sign of a light breeze".

Thought Dean reffed the game very well and didnt put up with any of their play acting and panto antics.  

Thought PSR had this nailed on below - certainly what I thought at the time , and having watched it back on Sky

Think their going down easy , whilst we didn't But in particular their constant whining helped us massively as I thought Dean noticeably changed and remember a few occasions where I was amazed he hadn't given a free kick which encouraged us more and annoyed them increasingly

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Went to the ground last night like most people I think, more in hope than expectation. Hope we would put up a good show, expectation that we would perhaps be plucky losers.

I didnt feel like I really cared though, until the multi-millionaires started to act like spoilt children, because our players dared to tackle them instead of just watching them show off their skills.

I actually think it got to the point where it pissed off their mate Mike Dean as well, as he stopped giving fouls for harassment, rather proper fouls.

From the first whine from Pogba, I thought, I really want to see this guy lose and it was a great feeling to see him booked and made to look like a prize chump.

Archived