IGNORED

Lee Johnson

TinMan's left peg

A special mention for Lee I feel is needed.  He’s come through one hell of a tough time last season which must’ve been difficult for him and his family.  What ever anyone’s views on that situation (all understandable) I’m so glad it’s worked out the way it has.  Football is all about the stories and romance and with Lee we’ve got that in spades. I think he’s really building a special relationship with the fans and can’t wait to see where he might take us.  Well done Lee ! 

I would like this, but have already hit my quota!

Definitely one of the top young British managers at the moment - the bad form last season could well be crucial for his development.  Overcoming such adversity makes a person stronger / better for it.  Hoping he'll be here for at least 5 years as our boss and have us doing a Burnley in the Premier League.

If Sean Dyche can do it, why not?

Many were wrong. That's football.

I think it's a bit sad to be honest, that after one of, if not, the greatest night in a generation for City, so many who were quite so constantly vitriolic in their abuse of LJ, DH, SL, Bryan, Reid, and fellow fans etc etc, aren't on here to celebrate, at least not that i've seen.

To absent friends today......

And congratulations Lee, fully deserved. Contract extension??! :whistle:

100% agree with the sentiment and definitely - what a difference a year makes.

BUT - does anybody else feel it is time to forget the past on the 8 game losing streak and stop mentioning it?

The only reason I ask is when I got home last night - eventually - after acting like a 10 year old kid for an hour - I got the old V+ going and decided it was too late to watch the pre-match and the game itself (do that tonight) - instead I will go to the 90th minute - watch the winner and the post match.

Anyway, later on - half way through Lee's SKY interview, I had to pee out the last pint so paused and it was right after the bit where the commentator had asked "how does this feel after the 8 game unbeaten run last year type question".  The actual pause was on Lee rolling his eyes and looking away and it was an image I wish now I had taken a picture of cos it just captured a kind of 'we have just beat one of the best in the world and you have to drag that up again' - all of that was written in this one still image and I could not help feeling really sorry for him.

It happened but it has gone and it is a dark period unlikely to be seen again - certainly not in the championship football era.

Thoughts?

3 minutes ago, Neo said:

BUT - does anybody else feel it is time to forget the past on the 8 game losing streak and stop mentioning it?

The only reason I ask is when I got home last night - eventually - after acting like a 10 year old kid for an hour - I got the old V+ going and decided it was too late to watch the pre-match and the game itself (do that tonight) - instead I will go to the 90th minute - watch the winner and the post match.

Anyway, later on - half way through Lee's SKY interview, I had to pee out the last pint so paused and it was right after the bit where the commentator had asked "how does this feel after the 8 game unbeaten run last year type question".  The actual pause was on Lee rolling his eyes and looking away and it was an image I wish now I had taken a picture of cos it just captured a kind of 'we have just beat one of the best in the world and you have to drag that up again' - all of that was written in this one still image and I could not help feeling really sorry for him.

It happened but it has gone and it is a dark period unlikely to be seen again - certainly not in the championship football era.

Thoughts?

I completely agree and that was my point really. Time to look forward to the future. I hope even the most fierce critics feel they can get on board with Lee now. Clean slate 

6 minutes ago, Neo said:

Thoughts?

I may have mentioned it once but I think I got away with it .

:laughcont:

30 minutes ago, Neo said:

Thoughts?

They really said that?  Damn, can't believe a journalist / sports commentator would mention LJ'S one patch of bad form from last season - wtf was the point?

LJ should have asked why they would bring it up?  What's the relevance?

47 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I think it's a bit sad to be honest, that after one of, if not, the greatest night in a generation for City, so many who were quite so constantly vitriolic in their abuse of LJ, DH, SL, Bryan, Reid, and fellow fans etc etc, aren't on here to celebrate, at least not that i've seen.

When does Lee's contract expire?  Definitely extend it again or offer improved terms - I anticipate some serious interest in the summer.

Teams like Boro, Leeds, Villa may think they can poach him from us, unless they accept that we are on par with them.

49 minutes ago, CHIPLEY RED said:

I agree with your sentiments. However, there are a number of fans who will never take to Lee and as soon as our form drops the knives will be out again. It was the same when he was a player.

2-0 down at Hull and the grumbles started.

I wouldn't class them as fans tbh more like individuals with pathetic agendas.

Even in the dreadful run last season there were times when we played some great football. The problem was it was sporadic. This season we  are playing good stuff throughout the team for the majority of the time in the majority of matches. Small but important margins. 

8 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

When does Lee's contract expire?  Definitely extend it again or offer improved terms - I anticipate some serious interest in the summer.

Teams like Boro, Leeds, Villa may think they can poach him from us, unless they accept that we are on par with them.

Up in 2020.

Doubt he’ll consider other offers anyway. He is here for the long term

1 hour ago, CHIPLEY RED said:

I agree with your sentiments. However, there are a number of fans who will never take to Lee and as soon as our form drops the knives will be out again. It was the same when he was a player.

2-0 down at Hull and the grumbles started.

Who are these mythical people that will never take to him?  I'm yet to meet one, last season of course there were grumbles, this season nothing but praise.  Last season hung heavy over us for the start of this but Lee has gone through that and I'm sure all are more than happy.  I know I am.

56 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

They really said that?  Damn, can't believe a journalist / sports commentator would mention LJ'S one patch of bad form from last season - wtf was the point?

It does seem a bit of poor journalism, what did they expect him to say. Sounds like they only did a little bit of research and of course came across that stat, unless it was a local one then they really should know better.

To flip it on its head it’s like us having been on a bad run and the reported asking ‘Do you remember when you beat ManU, how does that feel now’. No relevance in the context. 

1 hour ago, Alessandro said:

Quite, after all these years, thank goodness it's finally coming good.

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

I suppose it’s all part of the story of where we/he has come from to pull that off.  GreAt night!

Credit to Lee and his staff for the amazing turnaround, because that is what it is. I was vocal on here for him to be sacked but he has justified SL's decision to back him. He got pelters (and rightly so). This time last year we were in the midst of an awful run and it was awful. He has learnt his lessons and exceeded all expectations. I could not see this coming but the stats and results dont lie. A settled team, settled formation, players playing in the right position, trouble makers rooted out and some solid signings.....

Well done to LJ. Glad he came through. Results like last night are nice for him, the owner, the fans and the club. Well done to all and I am glad I have been proven wrong. 

Archived