IGNORED

City will finish in the top 2 this season

reddogkev

I wasn't going to post this today, thought I'd hold until we see off QPR, but interested to hear opinions.

I'm sure City will finish in the automatic spots.  With everything happening this season, it feels like a promotion campaign, and sometimes just believing is half the battle.

Despite the obnoxious Warnock factor, Cardiff don't have enough quality to remain in the top spots; Derby seem a serious threat but have been destroyed by us once this season and are susceptible to losses of form; whereas Villa are inconsistent and don't share our immense team spirit.

All the ingredients are there for us to finish top 2, and if we play like we did last night against Wolves in a week's time, perhaps we can challenge for the top.

COME ON CITY, THIS IS OUR TIME!

7 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

Steady on old bean. We are threadbare and need reinforcements and there’s a long way to go until we can even do that. 

A top 6 finish would still be fantastic and cup competitions might just be our forte. 

And look where we are even being ' threadbare' ! , doesn't it suggest that we can get even better with a fully fit squad and one or two additions ?

4 minutes ago, hantsred said:

We shouldn't get too carried away - it was great euphoric night but the championship is a long old trudge and as has been said on other threads the cup may well act more and more of a distraction as we go deeper into the tournament.

I think we should get too carried away - good for the mind and the heart!  I now feel confident our group of players are good enough for the top 2 and will see the job out.

And we've already progressed to quite a depth in the cup and it hasn't stopped us yet.  Now if we embark upon a FA cup run, I might be concerned!

Definitely possible. We look full of genuine self belief.

Provided we don’t suffer from the fixture/injury pile up we’ve got then we’re in with a shot.

Think we need a couple more players and obviously all the injuries to return for the final couple of months.

I genuinely feel we’re a premier league club in waiting - as cliched as it is to say. If not this season, I think we’ll get there in the next few seasons. 

15 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

Steady on old bean. We are threadbare and need reinforcements and there’s a long way to go until we can even do that. 

A top 6 finish would still be fantastic and cup competitions might just be our forte. 

A top 6 finish would be fantastic, but the lottery of the play-offs has to be avoided.  Don't forget, January is only around the corner, and if we are going to strengthen you'd have to believe the players are lined up.  But this squad has something going for it at the moment, nothing will stand in this collective group of players' way.

Apart from one more striker, I think we have ample cover for a variety of situations.

20 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I wasn't going to post this today, thought I'd hold until we see off QPR, but interested to hear opinions.

I'm sure City will finish in the automatic spots.  With everything happening this season, it feels like a promotion campaign, and sometimes just believing is half the battle.

Despite the obnoxious Warnock factor, Cardiff don't have enough quality to remain in the top spots; Derby seem a serious threat but have been destroyed by us once this season and are susceptible to losses of form; whereas Villa are inconsistent and don't share our immense team spirit.

All the ingredients are there for us to finish top 2, and if we play like we did last night against Wolves in a week's time, perhaps we can challenge for the top.

I get where you are coming from. It does feel special. Just think a special season in the championship can disappear within a game or two. Two teams go up automatically and outside Wolves(and they can lose form) why not us? We are up against it in terms of wages we can pay compared to some but we are already half way there and we just keep winning. It has been a special first half of the season. 

5 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I get where you are coming from. It does feel special. Just think a special season in the championship can disappear within a game or two. Two teams go up automatically and outside Wolves(and they can lose form) why not us? We are up against it in terms of wages we can pay compared to some but we are already half way there and we just keep winning. It has been a special first half of the season. 

Yep, all valid points  Here's hoping the 2nd half of the season maintains our form and this outstanding group of players can complete the dream.

If our wage structure is lower than many other Championship clubs, then It's amazing that we've assembled such another strong team with incredible resolve and winning mentality, so soon after witnessing the team that decimated League One.

16 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Definitely possible. We look full of genuine self belief.

Provided we don’t suffer from the fixture/injury pile up we’ve got then we’re in with a shot.

Think we need a couple more players and obviously all the injuries to return for the final couple of months.

I genuinely feel we’re a premier league club in waiting - as cliched as it is to say. If not this season, I think we’ll get there in the next few seasons. 

Having to add a manual like for this ...

I like this post!

2 hours ago, reddogkev said:

I think we should get too carried away - good for the mind and the heart!  I now feel confident our group of players are good enough for the top 2 and will see the job out.

And we've already progressed to quite a depth in the cup and it hasn't stopped us yet.  Now if we embark upon a FA cup run, I might be concerned!

Yes but until last night we could get away with using mostly second string players. Both semi final legs will need a 1st team commitment (unless we want to get embarrassed!) and god forbid if we miraculously got to the final with both the physical and mental commitment that might bring in late February!! 

Don't get me wrong though I wouldn't swap or change anything to what is happening with our club at the moment and as long as Johnson keeps the players focused who knows what the group could go on to achieve.

2 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Much as I dislike Cardiff, i’m Not sure you can say they lack quality.  They’re in second position for a reason, just like us.  To the neutral, if you compared their squad to ours, you’d say player for player they are better equipped.  Most neutrals (perhaps before last night) would say we are the more likely team to fall away.

I think we get a bit biased in our view of our opponents. 

Love the feeling of euphoria on here after a massive night at BS3. I  do think we might be getting ahead of ourselves but I can understand it and some might be right . For me if we are on an unbeaten run going into the Villa game I might join the growing numbers that think automatic promotion is on . 

5 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Whilst I'm not sure, I'm optimistic...and I agree that belief is often a key to success.

This looks like a side that believes it can win every game at the moment. 

Just been speaking to my mate at QPR

Quote:  "glad we managed to beat you the other week (under 23s ?) but after seeing your brilliant win against Man U I will be totally happy with a draw"

which is not like him at all.

I told him either QPR will get flattened or we will play like a band of drunks - depends on how good Johnson is at pealing them off the ceiling

2 hours ago, hantsred said:

Yes but until last night we could get away with using mostly second string players. Both semi final legs will need a 1st team commitment (unless we want to get embarrassed!) and god forbid if we miraculously got to the final with both the physical and mental commitment that might bring in late February!! 

Don't get me wrong though I wouldn't swap or change anything to what is happening with our club at the moment and as long as Johnson keeps the players focused who knows what the group could go on to achieve.

Much depends on the work of Steve Lansdown and Mark Ashton as to wether we can sustain a cup and league treble.  Speculate to accumillate

Then its down to our Three Amigos to turn whoever we sign into parts of the system

Spend the money, but be sure to bring in people without egos  

6 hours ago, reddogkev said:

I really do hope your right kev and love the optimism but just not sure.

injuries and distractions in the semi see us falling into play offs imo..then it is a lottery

Archived