IGNORED

Sunderland Forum

Oops

If we can play like last night every week we should fear no one. 

Makes you wonder how the games against the likes of Burton and PNE would have gone if we’d actually played our game and not been afraid to play against bus parkers.

We should play our way against every single opponent; home or away. If it’s a test for Man Utd it’s a test for everyone. 

Some of the passing and movement last night was simply top drawer. 

6 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Do they really like us?  I don't think they ever forgave us for what we did to them against Coventry all those years ago.  Will check the thread anyway.

I have done much Missionary work in the North East. Glad to see its paying off. They rightly were stroppy over the Coventry affair but they've other things to worry about these days 

21 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Yep, I see that the Coventry incident gets a mention on page 5 of their thread.  Looks like they've got over it now in general.

But the Coventry incident wasn't of our making, it was Jimmy Hill who put the result onto their screen to make it known that a draw was enough, we were on top at that point after bringing it back to 2-2

It’s strange to be getting a bit of love and praise from other clubs, our rivals in the Championship etc. I’m not sure what that really says though, do they admire us and are as surprised as we are, or do everyone else REALLY hate ManU!

From  

Birmingham City Forum

'I enjoyed the game as a (kind of) neutral, but I'm a bit green with envy because I wish my team was capable of playing like that. They barely did anything wrong, I can't remember hardly any miskicks or misplaced passes. They didn't give Man Utd a second's peace and you could see the gameplan was to get in their faces, like they did with the goalkeeper. I liked that they kept their composure despite the occasion and slowed things down whenever they got possession and passed the ball around, winning the mental game by sending out the message 'you might be Man Utd but this is OUR ground and we're in charge here'.

'Personally I'm really pleased for the worzels. They've schooled us on how to build a competitive team with conservative resources. Any ridiculous chance we may still have of getting Joe Bryan has been well and truly extinguished. '

'The pitch invation was justified tonight given the result. Good luck to em.'

'Massively impressive. Took the game to Manur and outhought them. Brilliant performance'

'What a goal, take a bow.'

53 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Yep, I see that the Coventry incident gets a mention on page 5 of their thread.  Looks like they've got over it now in general.

They have never forgiven Jimmy Hill and to a lesser extent Coventry. We seem to have been given a pass though - it wasn't our fault the game was delayed was it!

Archived