IGNORED

Fair play to the Man U fans

bcfcredandwhite

I admit I have been ripping into the ‘plastics ‘ both before and after last nights game, but I have to say that in the various forums their fans are some of the most respectful I have read out of our opponents we have beaten. No talk of shamming, diving, poor refereeing or offside goals - just respect that the better team won and congratulations to us. 

The only talk of luck was from Jose himself. 

Did I detect Westcountry accents on 3 of those half dozen or so Man U fans interviewed?! And the City fan he interviewed was Welsh!

All very strange. But can understand those United fans' frustrations, watching their style of play versus Man City's (and ours for that matter!) is like chalk and cheese. They weren't up for the fight last night either.

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Unlike their their fans in the ground, who didn’t even have the grace to applaud us! 

Notice how the most reactionary and ungracious supporters in the video above seem to curiously not have Mancunian accents.. 

I think perhaps it was a bit of an armchair fan day out yesterday. I think die hard United fans would’ve been pretty gracious in defeat.

8 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Did I detect Westcountry accents on 3 of those half dozen or so Man U fans interviewed?! And the City fan he interviewed was Welsh!

All very strange. But can understand those United fans' frustrations, watching their style of play versus Man City's (and ours for that matter!) is like chalk and cheese. They weren't up for the fight last night either.

One of those lads trains in Trojan Gym, Ashton vale 

12 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Notice how the most reactionary and ungracious supporters in the video above seem to curiously not have Mancunian accents.. 

I think perhaps it was a bit of an armchair fan day out yesterday. I think die hard United fans would’ve been pretty gracious in defeat.

Didn’t those who got tickets have to qualify by being regulars..? I didn’t see any graciousness from them. 

Lets not pretend that Mancunian Mancs are not *****, just because they aren’t armchair *****! 

19 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Wow, I know the ‘United Fans not from Manchester’ thing is a bit of a running joke.. but in that video I only heard 2 Mancunian accents (a father and son too)!  Out of 10/12 people speaking.

A few Bristolian/West Country accents there also!

Most of their fans play or work for Bristol City.

I Can’t tell you how much I hate the attitude of it is a champiomship club comments. Yes fair enough they have loads more resources but they are still well trained professionals. You don’t work hard most championship clubs will beat you. I don’t care who you are. Maybe some of their players had that attitude as well. I guess that is our gain. Championship is so much better than even our first season back in it. It is disrepectful to think you can just show up with higher paid players and walk over us. 

1 hour ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I admit I have been ripping into the ‘plastics ‘ both before and after last nights game, but I have to say that in the various forums their fans are some of the most respectful I have read out of our opponents we have beaten. No talk of shamming, diving, poor refereeing or offside goals - just respect that the better team won and congratulations to us. 

The only talk of luck was from Jose himself. 

I put this on the other thread, but I'll put it in here as well.

Here are some of the good things they had to  say about us!:yes:

All the credit goes to Bristol who were excellent, and great to see their coach go for it too. A young English coach who clearly had an attacking plan and who made a number of tweaks during the game too. They not only defended well but played far better attacking football than a team of some of the worlds best players helmed by arguably the worlds best manager.I hope they go on to win it, good luck to them.

I just popped out to the co op in Kingsdown which is the best part of 2 miles away from the stadium and heard that winner go in. I ain’t even mad. Rather that than a another fixture. Well done City.

Bristol City were excellent. We were crap.

The best team won. The only team that had a game plan won easily. It wasn't about commitment it was about having no clue.

They were better, start to finish. Better on the ball, better off the ball, better work rate, more quality... Pretty shocking performance considering the apparent strength of the team we fielded.

Can't say they didn't deserve it, looked better organised & more up for it, scored a great first goal that Bryan can play can't he? - he's 24, nearly 200 games for them.

Every single one of our first choice attack was out there and we couldn't break down a championship team. This is how bad we are.

People chill the **** out, its football it happens. A lot of you need to go support PSG or City or Barca if every game just has to be a win or you will die.
Bristol deserved it they outfought us and a lot of our lads werent up to par but it happens. It happened a lot under the greatest manager of all time and
it happened tonight to one of the best in the world. ******* relax and look forward to the weekend.

All the credit goes to Bristol who were excellent, and great to see their coach go for it too. A young English coach who clearly had an attacking plan and who made a number of tweaks during the game too. They not only defended well but played far better attacking football than a team of some of the worlds best players helmed by arguably the worlds best manager. I hope they go on to win it, good luck to them.

The best team by a mile won, well done to Bristol. A good e.g of totally under estimating your opponent. Well this group of showboat losers can try and make top 4 for next year, as we can really forget about any silverware this year.
Sorry to say it but this one is on Jose, again, no game plan A and definitely no plan B. I know I am being negative but is it me or are we getting worse from game to game?

Bristol City showed Mourinho what can happen when you play without fear.

United were shit, they were good. That's it. Mourinho should fine all the players for lack of attitude and focus.

So complacent until Bristol City went ahead, and only then realised they were in a game. Bristol deserved it overall and played the match in the way you'd expect them too: high energy and like their lives depended on it. A night their fans will always remember; well done to them. So lethargic from United for much of the game.

OH **** off Jose , lucky , they played us off the pitch

So we all getting behind Bristol City for the game against City.

This is what happens when our diva players step on the pitch and expect an instant win just because of the badge on their shirts. Congratulations to Bristol City, well done and well played.

Take absoloutely nothing away from Bristol City they played like a team who wanted to win and we didn't.
All the talk about classing the Carabao Cup as trophy last year as well, should all be ashamed of themselves and just think our away fans travelled only for them to half arse it against a championship side.

Usual meltdown I see. Listen, don’t get me wrong everytime we lose - he hurts like hell. But we can’t win them all. That was a tough away fixture and usually these teams raise their games and the bigger team really have it all to lose. We didn’t play up to standards we can play at but they played extremely well -well done Bristol. Let’s not be sore loser and not give credit to opponents. Would have loved to play City in the next round but it’s not to be. We just need to play better and that starts with the Leicester game. Happy to see Pogba back.

Think squad were complacent about Bristol's mentality and form. I was even abit startled at how big and loud their crowd was: our team underestimated their passion and capability.

First things first, congratulations to Bristol City, they were marvellous and thoroughly deserved to win. We can talk about how poor we were etc. but that would be a complete disservice to them. Their players fought until the very end, they've got a good young manager in Lee Johnson who's stock has risen very high in a short space of time. Big fan of his dad Gary Johnson, he's been a good manager in the Football League too. Bristol City will not look out of place in the Premier League next season if they go up and I hope they do.

Someone's got Sand in their Fanny :laugh:
Pointless cup but disappointing display. Glad we lost over 90 minutes and didn't have to endure another 30.
This squad needs substantial work. Our league position flatters us.
Rashford and Martial aren't as great as everyone makes them out to be.
Ibrahimovic is finished.
Darmian is not even a Championship level player.
Romero is overrated.
Having said that, we hit the woodwork twice, and Steele (the ****) had one of the games of his life against his former club.
Mike Dean can go and stand on lego barefoot, the utter attention-seeking manual manipulator.
Also, the Bristol players are a bunch of cynical cnuts, they got away with murder today. But I guess you need a **** like Dean to let it pass. Hope Bristol get stuffed by City in the next round.

46 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Didn’t those who got tickets have to qualify by being regulars..? I didn’t see any graciousness from them. 

Lets not pretend that Mancunian Mancs are not *****, just because they aren’t armchair *****! 

In my experience, it’s the die hard genuine local supporters of big clubs who are a bit more grounded and normal. That applies for Chelsea, Arsenal, United, Liverpool - it’s the out of town Sky Sports fans who are reactionary, care about club ‘size’ and other trivialities.

12 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

In my experience, it’s the die hard genuine local supporters of big clubs who are a bit more grounded and normal. That applies for Chelsea, Arsenal, United, Liverpool - it’s the out of town Sky Sports fans who are reactionary, care about club ‘size’ and other trivialities.

Bang on.

Ran out of likes earlier so can't like your post :laugh:, but would if I could.

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Really strange all these bristolians who support united, liverpool or any other big, successful club. Surely they don't truly feel like it's their club. I like it that generally everyone down the gate sounds a bit like me. Would be very strange to hear all kinds of accents from around the country sat amongst the crowd cheering us on. 

Just out of interest, how do you feel about that Cheshire lad Josh Brownhill signing a new contract?

On our way back through East Street a group of Man U lads with proper Manchester accents chatted  with us (they even took the mick out of us for talking - well, properly)  Real decent down to earth blokes and very complementary about City.  They had a laugh with the little kids in front and my youngster asking if they were any of the hooligans on the pitch. They were also glad they didn't have to face Man City in the next round!

Archived