IGNORED

So This is What It's Like To Be a Prem Club

Up The City!

OK last night's result was a huge upset but today the media coverage has been insane. Is this what it will be like every week?

I've had SSN on all day and the radio on in the background and we have been featured all day.

The general theme has been we deserved to win and we play beautiful football and are a club geared up for the Prem.

SSN even interviewed GJ in his back garden!

4 hours ago, Up The City! said:

OK last night's result was a huge upset but today the media coverage has been insane. Is this what it will be like every week?

I've had SSN on all day and the radio on in the background and we have been featured all day.

The general theme has been we deserved to win and we play beautiful football and are a club geared up for the Prem.

SSN even interviewed GJ in his back garden!

Unbelievable 

1 hour ago, Maesknoll Red said:

If we were a Premier League club, I doubt there would be such a media circus, it is just so bloody long since we played one, that we as fans, the local and national media have hyped this to the max......

.....for example........

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/11179785/ball-boy-relives-man-utd-win

(although I must admit I thought it was a great moment)

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Jeez............:facepalm:

How desperate is that......

Wtf has GJ got to do with anything? 

I think it was more of a proud father interview. Plus the fact this was our biggest night since the Palace PO game where GJ happened to be manager. 

Are you that much entrenched with hate for GJ that you can't see the LJ-GJ relationship with BCFC makes a great story for TV?

1 hour ago, Maesknoll Red said:

If we were a Premier League club, I doubt there would be such a media circus, it is just so bloody long since we played one, that we as fans, the local and national media have hyped this to the max......

I get that this one off occasion was something special and agree with not much else happening in football this week this is a major story.

What I'm trying to say is if we were a Premier league club then almost every day we will be talked about in the media and as a fan of BCFC I think it's great that if we made it there we could get our BCFC fix on a daily basis.

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

We’ve played three other prem clubs in this cup run....so not so long....

To a certain extent this is being played out as if a non league side beat the biggest club in the world.

Respect is required, we are a club on the up and we will  be playing them twice next season!

15 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I think it was more of a proud father interview. Plus the fact this was our biggest night since the Palace PO game where GJ happened to be manager. 

Are you that much entrenched with hate for GJ that you can't see the LJ-GJ relationship with BCFC makes a great story for TV?

At no point did Sky mention PO game against Palace - it had no relevance to last nights fantastic win.

The father/son relationship is attractive to TV because of the jobs they do but many fathers proud of his sons achievement would have taken a backward step in order to allow their son to basque in the glory of such a result,....but not GJ who had to try and steal the limelight.

Im sure that deep down  GJ wishes he was still the City manager but having got himself sacked thru player refusing to play for him now tries to do the job thru his son.

LJ - imo has huge cross to bear with his dad so close both geographically and emotionally but despite that he's done a tremendous job in turning the club around in a relatively short time. He's a bright guy with proactive and innovative mind and full of ideas of management that he uses to great effect. He's far ahead of his dad  in that regard thankfully.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

At no point did Sky mention PO game against Palace - it had no relevance to last nights fantastic win.

The father/son relationship is attractive to TV because of the jobs they do but many fathers proud of his sons achievement would have taken a backward step in order to allow their son to basque in the glory of such a result,....but not GJ who had to try and steal the limelight.

Im sure that deep down  GJ wishes he was still the City manager but having got himself sacked thru player refusing to play for him now tries to do the job thru his son.

LJ - imo has huge cross to bear with his dad so close both geographically and emotionally but despite that he's done a tremendous job in turning the club around in a relatively short time. He's a bright guy with proactive and innovative mind and full of ideas of management that he uses to great effect. He's far ahead of his dad  in that regard thankfully.

No the credit must go to GJ, without the foundations and the knowledge and experience passed on by Gary Johnson Lee would just be another journeyman....everything positive about city is down to Gary - you must see that surely?

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Oh just let it go, GJ can revel in his son’s success, it is a great media angle so let’s milk it.  

Btw what do the Basque have to do with it?

19 minutes ago, Robbored said:

M o v e    o n

29 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I take it you do not have children? As a father I would be beaming from ear to bloody ear and I would sing my son's praises to anyone who listened and at every opportunity. Not and never for my own limelight, but because of sheer pride in what your son has achieved. 

You overstep the mark on this one Robbo and it's really poor form. GJ has every right to be immensely proud of his son, and he doesn't need to hide it from anyone - certainly not someone like you who hid your identify from him. 

33 minutes ago, Robbored said:

In what way did Gary try and steal the limelight?

7 hours ago, Robbored said:

Broken.Record.

7 hours ago, Robbored said:

It is frustrating when someone gets the better of you so I get where you’re coming from. It’s never easy to be made to look silly. 

But you need to let it go. Otherwise it’ll just keep eating you from the inside. 

Archived