IGNORED

FA Cup

Super

I think we have too - we already have 2 extra games in Jan now - the league cup is a brilliant distraction and will create another Gate sell out but we don’t need a further cup run with our depleted squad.

Happy to have made the third round this year and bow out :P

53 minutes ago, Neo said:

Happy to have made the third round this year and bow out :P

That's what we did in 1976. No one at the club was too disappointed with a 2-1 defeat at Coventry. For you young 'uns, Coventry were in the top division then, just like Watford are now.

Got my tickets for this one again. 

We played the likes of Kelly, Vyner and Hinds last time and they look really good, so more than comfortable doing the same again. 

Would like to see starts for Bakinson, and potentially Holden. Who do we have back from loan who will be able to play?

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Selred said:

Got my tickets for this one again. 

We played the likes of Kelly, Vyner and Hinds last time and they look really good, so more than comfortable doing the same again. 

Would like to see starts for Bakinson, and potentially Holden. Who do we have back from loan who will be able to play?

Gustav :ph34r:

Lets have Kelly, Bakinson and co starting, and maybe a rest for Bobby? Connor Lemonheigh-Evans was on the bench last night, perhaps LJ considers him to be among the most "ready" of the current crop of U23 strikers. Maybe Gustav will get a game. Max O'Leary too.

Missed the League Cup game in the summer so have snapped up a ticket for this one.  Totally expect a weaker side given it is sandwiched between Wolves, Villa and then Man City. 

Would expect Steele to play as well as Vyner, Kelly, and as @ZiderEyed says perhaps Engvall.  Really wouldn't be too concerned about the result either, we've already beaten them once this season and have bigger fish to fry really.

51 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Missed the League Cup game in the summer so have snapped up a ticket for this one.  Totally expect a weaker side given it is sandwiched between Wolves, Villa and then Man City. 

Would expect Steele to play as well as Vyner, Kelly, and as @ZiderEyed says perhaps Engvall.  Really wouldn't be too concerned about the result either, we've already beaten them once this season and have bigger fish to fry really.

Yes. Put up a decent show and bow out gracefully. We really can't afford another cup run with the league a priority. If we were stuck in mid table, go for it in the cup, but we need to concentrate on the league.

As much as I would love a good run in the FA Cup this year I wouldn't swap it for promotion, so if we lose, as long as we go down fighting I won't be too bothered. Deep down, I also don't see us getting past Man City, who seem a class above everyone in English football this year, so it's a bit of a cliche but with both cups out the way we can 'concentrate on the league' and hopefully one of those automatic promotion slots ie not one of those we can 'concentrate on the league' when you're just sitting mid table with little prospect of going down or up!

11 hours ago, WelshRobin said:

As much as I would love a good run in the FA Cup this year I wouldn't swap it for promotion, so if we lose, as long as we go down fighting I won't be too bothered. Deep down, I also don't see us getting past Man City, who seem a class above everyone in English football this year, so it's a bit of a cliche but with both cups out the way we can 'concentrate on the league' and hopefully one of those automatic promotion slots ie not one of those we can 'concentrate on the league' when you're just sitting mid table with little prospect of going down or up!

Even if we get passed Man City, the final is done and dusted in February, so it’s not a huge distraction from the league at the business end of the season. An fa cup run would be a different matter. I’d certainly ring the changes and not lose any sleep bowing out in the 3rd round.

i have a sneaky feeling that we will ring the changes and still win though.

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 20:03, cidercity1987 said:

Play the kids got to be. Vyner, Kelly, Bakinson etc.

Our reserves at the beginning of the seasons are now the first team.

Absolutely, we need to take the opportunity to rest as many regular fist team starters as possible. LJ was saying after the game yesterday, that some of the regular first team starters are still feeling the Man.Utd game in their legs, we don't need to add to that. Play the squad players & U-23s.

This selection headache, coupled with our recent form, has got me enthusiastic enough to come back to otib after a few years away !!

I think we'll rest as many of the players in the starting XI as possible - but with a 'spine' of more experienced pros so we don't lose heavily. Perhaps something like:

Steele
Viner       Flint        Magnússon   Kelly
Eliasson Bakinson Smith  Leko
               Engvall  Hinds/Woodrow

Not too bad a team actually, hopefully we'll be feeling déjà vu after the match

1 hour ago, Dano said:

This selection headache, coupled with our recent form, has got me enthusiastic enough to come back to otib after a few years away !!

I think we'll rest as many of the players in the starting XI as possible - but with a 'spine' of more experienced pros so we don't lose heavily. Perhaps something like:

Steele
Viner       Flint        Magnússon   Kelly
Eliasson Bakinson Smith  Leko
               Engvall  Hinds/Woodrow

Not too bad a team actually, hopefully we'll be feeling déjà vu after the match

Agree with this side - although how long is Hegeler supposed to be out for? If he was fit I could see him playing.

Genuinely quite excited to see what Engvall can do, I'd love for him to be a success and prove the legions of doubters wrong.

Archived