IGNORED

I challenge you to read this without getting goosebumps...

Fordy62

Bryan... and somehow he gets the ball into Smith.

There are options here... Reid was one of them but Shaw had tucked in.

Still life in this perhaps for Bristol City...

In by Taylor...

It's SMMMMIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHH!

The roof has just come off here at Ashton Gate! Stoppage time! Bristol City two, Manchester United one! The holders are crashing out at Ashton Gate!

What makes it even better , if scoring a injury time winner at home to Man Ure in a major cup tie  can be made any better , is

It was a magnificent footballing goal and so good to watch !!!!

A scramble after a corner would have been great but the quality of the one two and finish takes it up another level ;)

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

What makes it even better , if scoring a injury time winner at home to Man Ure in a major cup tie  can be made any better , is

Totally agree! Bryan did fantastically well to keep the ball with 3 around him, Smith done superbly to play the pass to Taylor when it came back to him, Taylors ball was perfect and then the touch and finish. Wow.

19 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

In by Taylor...

The roof has just come off here at Ashton Gate! Stoppage time! Bristol City two, Manchester United one! The holders are crashing out at Ashton Gate!

JamesBCFC 'likes' this.

15 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

A scramble after a corner would have been great but the quality of the one two and finish takes it up another level ;)

I'm genuinely not sure what I am more impressed with, Taylor's pass or Smith's finish!

Smith's goal will be a memory I never forget. I went light headed from cheering the goal!

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I'm genuinely not sure what I am more impressed with, Taylor's pass or Smith's finish!

Smith's goal will be a memory I never forget. I went light headed from cheering the goal!

And as Selred has rightly highlighted - Joe Bryan surrounded by three , pinned to the touchline does brilliantly to hook/ squeeze it down the line to set us away 

And

We are drooling over the winner whilst Packs pass and Joes strike for the first are as good as anything you will see across the country this weekend !!! 

Oh , we'd better add to that Joes initial control , and left foot , right foot touches to set off that move !!! 

So many moments to recall with pride .... so little time ... 

:laughcont:

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

And as Selred has rightly highlighted - Joe Bryan surrounded by three , pinned to the touchline does brilliantly to hook/ squeeze it down the line to set us away 

And

We are drooling over the winner whilst Packs pass and Joes strike for the first are as good as anything you will see across the country this weekend !!! 

Joes goal was all round outstanding play.

Barcalona or Man City do it and it would be replayed all week long.

From lifting the ball over Manchesters player at the start to the quick passing, resulting in Packs magnificent assist and Joes fantastic strike, every single part was sublime.

But I think Korey's goal will be remembered more fondly for what it was, an injury time winner against one of, if not the biggest club in the word to secure a semi final spot in a major cup for the first time in a generation.

6 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Joes goal was all round outstanding play.

Barcalona or Man City do it and it would be replayed all week long.

From lifting the ball over Manchesters player at the start to the quick passing, resulting in Packs magnificent assist and Joes fantastic strike, every single part was sublime.

But I think Korey's goal will be remembered more fondly for what it was, an injury time winner against one of, if not the biggest club in the word to secure a semi final spot in a major cup for the first time in a generation.

Been some great debates on here about best ever moments , games etc but over nigh on 50 years I'm struggling to think of when we've ever scored two goals of such quality in such a high profile game

I think that , and the timing of Koreys winner takes the whole thing to a crazy level 

Like a large layer of cream on top of the breathtaking cake !

Ps - Told you after Plymouth that you were going to be our lucky mascot for a cup run this year if you recall ;)

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Been some great debates on here about best ever moments , games etc but over nigh on 50 years I'm struggling to think of when we've ever scored two goals of such quality in such a high profile game

I think that , and the timing of Koreys winner takes the whole thing to a crazy level 

JamesBCFC 'likes' this.

1 minute ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

My favourite bit was that all commentators, Louis Carey included, said that our best hope would be from set pieces.

Who scored two glorious open play goals?

Who scored from a set piece?

And this.

13 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

And

Oh , we'd better add to that Joes initial control , and left foot , right foot touches to set off that move !!! 

You do him a disservice BBSB, it wasn't just 3, it was Pogba, French International, Darmian, Italian International and Rashford, England International and he just...... dealt with it! 

The thing that gets me about Koreys finish, is that when he didn't get a shot away in the first half, I thought it was because he didn't trust his left foot, what does he do, but pops up and put's one away left footed.. :) 

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ps - Told you after Plymouth that you were going to be our lucky mascot for a cup run this year if you recall ;)

You are 'available' for the semi final James I hope :thumbsup:

45 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

In by Taylor...

It’s our very own “Aguerrrooooo!!!!!” moment!

I’ve spent most of the last two days watching the highlights on loop. Not even kidding. Memories to savour.

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

You do him a disservice BBSB, it wasn't just 3, it was Pogba, French International, Darmian, Italian International and Rashford, England International and he just...... dealt with it! 

The thing that gets me about Koreys finish, is that when he didn't get a shot away in the first half, I thought it was because he didn't trust his left foot, what does he do, but pops up and put's one away left footed.. :) 

Just so Joe Bryan…amazing :city:

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It’s our very own “Aguerrrooooo!!!!!” moment!

I’ve spent most of the last two days watching the highlights on loop. Not even kidding. Memories to savour.

Yep. Me too. I’ve got nothing done. 

Now im watching The Debate with Lee Johnson on. 

This is never going to be old news to me. 

12 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

The very same Pogba who is classed as one of the very best midfielders in the world.

And who just happened to have been completely outclassed by £75k costing Marlon Pack

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Yep. Me too. I’ve got nothing done. 

Now im watching The Debate with Lee Johnson on. 

This is never going to be old news to me. 

Productivity in the city of Bristol must have hit an all-time low yesterday. Christmas wind-down plus post-greatest-game-in-years-everything-else-is-pointless-itis = nothing done.

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

Productivity in the city of Bristol must have hit an all-time low yesterday. Christmas wind-down plus post-greatest-game-in-years-everything-else-is-pointless-itis = nothing done.

Productivity in the Blue third (using LJs measurements) was at a record high as dejected clowns Gasheads did everything they could to avoid seeing/hearing anything Bristol City related.

5 minutes ago, TinMan's left peg said:

This is fantastic 

Yes, I will never complain about screaming Hoskins again,  the more times he has a chance to scream at our goals this season,  then all the better. If you listen carefully you can also hear Gary Owers going ballistic in the background as well.  I thought RB's coverage was superb, they interviewed some interesting people before the game including David Pleat,  remember him?  who was covering the game for I think Radio Nottingham,  just shows how the country was so interested in our big match, probably hoping for an upset and guess what they got one. I know Radio Bristol gets a lot of abuse on here,  but for me they are just great, they keep me in touch with everything that's happening at AG and that to me is outstanding.

Archived