IGNORED

I challenge you to read this without getting goosebumps...

Fordy62

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Thanks Bob. Got to wrap loads of presents and do a shed load of ironing. It could get quite dangerous…

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

You aren't alone there.

17 minutes in, Mags just had his header cleared off the line.

We've made a great start, hope we can keep it up.

The Radio 5 commentary is excellent - crowd and atmosphere coming through strong - awesome !

David Pleat knowledgable about us , our players and very complimentary

Watched back the highlights several times now.

Terrific buildup, the goal itself a great moment and what struck me was just how comfortable our players are- pretty well all of them- on the ball now. Great movement from all concerned too and I also liked the nice little chest down by Smith. Ball by Taylor was great too- had a feeling quite early in his time here that he maybe more useful as a creator than a scorer...

14 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

The Radio 5 commentary is excellent - crowd and atmosphere coming through strong - awesome !

David Pleat knowledgable about us , our players and very complimentary

Danny Higginbotham knew his stuff about us as the Sky analyst too - I was impressed.  Showed proper knowledge (for instance he knew straight off how we would reorganise when Maggy came off) rather than the superficial “just done a bit of homework” stuff.  

Talking of which there was the classic line “Bristol is the biggest city never to host top flight football” from the commentator - I know it’s Sky but there really was life before the Premier League....

3 hours ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

My favourite bit was that all commentators, Louis Carey included, said that our best hope would be from set pieces.

Who scored two glorious open play goals?

Who scored from a set piece?

People that have played, or still are playing, or involved in, the game talk absolute sh1te about the game. All the time. They always have. And yet some people on here are surprised/appalled/outraged when we, who do not "know the game," also talk sh1te about football, and City in particular. 

Funny old game.

2 hours ago, Nuno Gomez said:

I know it’s sad but last night I listened to the Radio 5 live commentary all 2 hours of it!  Some great comments on there including David Pleats ‘ I can say I was here’. Really complimentary of us as can be expected having seen a lot of the other coverage. I rewound to the 2 goal times a few times and the roar!  That did give me goosebumps 

Ridiculously I found this on Wednesday night when I got home and couldn't sleep. I listened to lots of it skipping some of the quiter bits, fell asleep around 2am and having to get up at 6 :laugh:

1 minute ago, pillred said:

how do you pay that?

Under the store tab at the top - You will see you can purchase a OTIB Subscription

Wouod be great if more could support the cost of running the site - We have some fantastic volunteers who run it and mod it and we would all miss out greatly if it wasn't here :)

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09jd4c0

recommend - well,worth a listen but if anyone who just wants to catch the goals

1.07:45

1.49:20

:clapping:

David Pleat a very impressive analyst...clearly done his homework and gave us the respect of knowing our players and playing style in some detail. Very respectful coverage.

4 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

David Pleat a very impressive analyst...clearly done his homework and gave us the respect of knowing our players and playing style in some detail. Very respectful coverage.

Is he still scouting for Spurs? With Danny Rose maybe off to pastures new that could be worry

5 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09jd4c0

recommend - well,worth a listen but if anyone who just wants to catch the goals

1.07:45

1.49:20

:clapping:

Many thanks for posting the link. Just listened this for the first time (of many no doubt) 

Well worth a listen. Fantastic to hear from others probably more independent than me about how they thought we thoroughly deserved it and stuck it up’em right from the get go. 

Funny, never knew you could get something in your eye listening to radio commentary, and still getting goosebumps! 

Damn, that was good. 

11 minutes ago, Lord Northski said:

Many thanks for posting the link. Just listened this for the first time (of many no doubt) 

Well worth a listen. Fantastic to hear from others probably more independent than me about how they thought we thoroughly deserved it and stuck it up’em right from the get go. 

Funny, never knew you could get something in your eye listening to radio commentary, and still getting goosebumps! 

Damn, that was good. 

Think we all probably feel the same

' Is that Bristol City , our Club that they're talking about ......':o

4 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Can someone tell me how long it`s going to be before I can watch the highlights without nearly welling up every time!

Mrs RRH thinks it`s hilarious and could mean I have to watch some of her crappy choice of Christmas films if it doesn`t stop soon.

I'm the same, still having to wipe a tear from my eye. almost 2 days later, what a night and hopefully what a season!

Archived