IGNORED

Matt Taylor - Footballer

Port Said Red

On 12/22/2017 at 09:51, AshtonPark said:

I think the problem with most modern football fans is, that with attackers etc unless they are scoring 20 goals plus a year they are "crap". People need to see the bigger picture when it comes to players.

This, this, this! I'm glad we aren't making that mistake with Djuric. Far from a natural goalscorer but what he brings to the team is so clear to see. Similar to Taylor. It's probably the reason why we aren't massively dependant on one goalscorer, and rather have goals flowing in from all over the pitch, which is definitely a good thing.

21 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

He`s got that `edge` about him too - taking one for the team when Pogba was away late on for instance. He was also doing his best to wind up their keeper too and it was working - I could easily see him taking a swing at MT if the ref hadn`t stepped in. He must be a nightmare to play against - an annoying little bugger but with skill. If he was playing for the away team at AG you`d hate him and be booing him for being a niggly little git. Love him!

And as for the pass...................................:yawn:

But for me he's able to be a niggly little git without being a horrible thug like Joe Garner.

I think Taylor has been unlucky a bit this season to not play as much as he probably thought. Mainly due to injuries & the form of Bobby. But he is a constant menace to play against I would say, he is constantly moving & aware of the space around him. Would not have any qualms about him in the starting eleven. COYR

22 hours ago, Lord Northski said:

Loved the way he was winding up their players and goalie within moments of him being on the field. Really gets under their skin, yeah he picks up bookings but he's right in their face from the get go.

He must be annoying as hell to play against just like a flipping wasp , but he's our wasp which makes it OK

This. Got under their skins straight away.

Great stuff.

23 hours ago, Lord Northski said:

Loved the way he was winding up their players and goalie within moments of him being on the field. Really gets under their skin, yeah he picks up bookings but he's right in their face from the get go.

He must be annoying as hell to play against just like a flipping wasp , but he's our wasp which makes it OK

He was also geeing up our crowd at a corner- in that atomosphere!

(Albeit we weren't quite as loud after Manchester scored)

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Actually @Red Right Hand I meant to add I don't think I'd boo a Taylor if he was against us.

I'd probably grumble, but going back to my previous comparison, a Garner would get booed by me.

It might not be booing but you would definitely get the `How many more times, ref - get him in the book`. 

Well, you would from me anyway!

Definitely a player you want in your team and not in theirs.

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

It might not be booing but you would definitely get the `How many more times, ref - get him in the book`. 

Well, you would from me anyway!

Definitely a player you want in your team and not in theirs.

Agreed.

It's the difference between a thugs and nasty players like Garner and the niggley ones like Taylor though.

I wouldnt want Garner here because of how he is, but with Taylor you can appreciate it as he doesn't do blatantly nasty things (probably easier to appreciate when you are supporting his team or watching a game as a neutral though)

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Agreed.

It's the difference between a thugs and nasty players like Garner and the niggley ones like Taylor though.

I wouldnt want Garner here because of how he is, but with Taylor you can appreciate it as he doesn't do blatantly nasty things (probably easier to appreciate when you are supporting his team or watching a game as a neutral though)

Taylor and Garner are the same, both commit fouls where they know what they’re doing. Taylor gets on with the game, doesn’t argue with the ref, no matter how petty/soft the foul is. Garner, his team could be 3 up but when he elbows a CB and the ref blows for a foul you could guarantee expletives are being shouted at the ref. 

To me that’s the difference between a niggly player in Taylor and thug in Garner

2 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Taylor and Garner are the same, both commit fouls where they know what they’re doing. Taylor gets on with the game, doesn’t argue with the ref, no matter how petty/soft the foul is. Garner, his team could be 3 up but when he elbows a CB and the ref blows for a foul you could guarantee expletives are being shouted at the ref. 

To me that’s the difference between a niggly player in Taylor and thug in Garner

Taylor doesnt go around stamping on players who are on the floor.

Garner does, he did it against us already this season.

That is the difference between a niggley player and a thug.

6 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Taylor doesnt go around stamping on players who are on the floor.

Garner does, he did it against us already this season.

That is the difference between a niggley player and a thug.

Yes that as well although you may think he does Garner doesn’t do that every game otherwise he’ll have more suspensions in a season. What he does do complain and moan every single game, even when he’s in the wrong after being a thug.

12 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Yes that as well although you may think he does Garner doesn’t do that every game otherwise he’ll have more suspensions in a season. What he does do complain and moan every single game, even when he’s in the wrong after being a thug.

He wasnt suspended for his stamp earlier this season.

He also once broke Careys eye socket I believe, as well as injuring a player of ours forcing a sub while we were in League One.

IIRC none of those incidents resulted in him being sent off, and there was definitely more than just the stamp in the Ipswich game this season.

That's quite a few incidents just in games against us.

Garner is a cowardly thug - simple as that

Ive never seen him play without trying to 'do' an opposition player

He did Flinty with a cowardly elbow at Deepdale in our L1 promotion year and how Flinty didn't drop him In don't know

Typical Flint spat out some blood and never gave Garner another kick

On 22/12/2017 at 14:20, kivsy said:

More like the new liam Robinson , for those of you old enough ! 

Liam Robinson was the most awful player I’ve ever seen. Taylor has talent, he’s a total pest, if he want in a red shirt he would be top of my “hate the little shit list”

On 22/12/2017 at 09:51, AshtonPark said:

I think the problem with most modern football fans is, that with attackers etc unless they are scoring 20 goals plus a year they are "crap". People need to see the bigger picture when it comes to players.

What you’re saying may be true but just imagine what type of player we’d have on our hands if he could start burying some of his chances. 

On 22/12/2017 at 14:20, kivsy said:

More like the new liam Robinson , for those of you old enough ! 

Yep.

Robinson got 4 Championship goals in his single season for us, yet worked his socks off alongside Wayne Allison, who got 15.

Taylor now has 2 goals in 26 league games, none in the last ten months.

I therefore get why you make the comparison.

For me we need better than him or Woodrow, who would get about 8 between them in an entire season as a pairing.

Archived