IGNORED

The things we do for luck

Midlands Robin

In 2004, to celebrate 100 years of Bristol City at Ashton Gate, the club released a special shirt with the names of every single player to have played at the gate in those 100 years printed on it. On Wednesday night I figured that this shirt would contain the name of every single City player who had ever beaten Man Utd in a competitive fixture at Ashton Gate and therefore, if I wore it to the game then those players would be represented in the ground and bring a bit of luck. (I know, daft as **** but what the hell).

Having read the thread on lucky Curly Wurlys I was wondering, is there any one else out there who does something for luck prior to a game? Do we have lucky underpants? A routine that you have to follow? A certain food for breakfast or a pre-match snack?

It's all a load of cobblers of course but it shows the lengths we go to to help the team win.

I still haven't got over Wednesday night yet and sure as hell hope to be wearing my new lucky shirt at the Gate for the home leg of the Semi.

5 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I often avoid wearing certain shirts on a matchday if I've worn them to a game where we have been dicked.

This was a real problem during our first season back in the Championship. 

And our 2nd I’d imagine. 

I've done the lot over the years and have come to a strange, bizarre and even ludicrous sounding conclusion.

I don't think what I eat , wear or even which direction I go to the Gate has any direct effect on the result !! Mental eh??

That said, I still do certain things on certain days leading up to the games, you know, just incase.

I play 5:15 by the Who, then Hail H.I.M by Burning Spear, then Sally Cinnamon by the Stone Roses in that order to get in the mood.

I walk behind the toilets in Greville Smyth Park, then buy my program from the same place, before entering through the second turnstile from the left in to the Dolman stand.

I then take a shit in the khazis on your left as you go in, then I go and sit in my seat, and read my programme for 5 minutes. I'll then get up and have a piss in the toilets by the entrance to S23. 

3 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I play 5:15 by the Who, then Hail H.I.M by Burning Spear, then Sally Cinnamon by the Stone Roses in that order to get in the mood.

I walk behind the toilets in Greville Smyth Park, then buy my program from the same place, before entering through the second turnstile from the left in to the Dolman stand.

I then take a shit in the khazis on your left as you go in, then I go and sit in my seat, and read my programme for 5 minutes. I'll then get up and have a piss in the toilets by the entrance to S23. 

You don't want to get them mixed up on match days then ZiderEyed! :shocking:

8 minutes ago, downendcity said:

You don't want to get them mixed up on match days then ZiderEyed! :shocking:

Wouldn't believe the outrage on the faces of the S23 ultras when I curled one out, then went and sat in the bogs til the game was over.

1 hour ago, harry may said:

I always play the same music before the game if we are on a non-losing run. If we lose , I change it  to something else. Currently Rancid - "..............And out come the wolves " is getting played very loudly and frequently.

What a song (and album) that is. Matt Freeman is one of the finest bass players I have ever seen.

3 hours ago, harry may said:

I always play the same music before the game if we are on a non-losing run. If we lose , I change it  to something else. Currently Rancid - "..............And out come the wolves " is getting played very loudly and frequently.

"Good morning heartache, your like an old friend, come to see me again"

rings true with city all too often!

Archived