IGNORED

Fan zone

BcfcDuncs

Just now, 1960maaan said:

Now this would be handy

Last time it was mentioned the 'official' reply was that people didn't want them and that you could use the sports bar.

But lets be honest, who would give feedback that says 'a lack of sanitation would improve my match day experience'.

Such is the popularity of the fan zone, they really need to think about moving it in to the car park. If they don't, then I think we can assume that the mini arena/basketball development might offer more fans areas.

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Last time it was mentioned the 'official' reply was that people didn't want them and that you could use the sports bar.

But lets be honest, who would give feedback that says 'a lack of sanitation would improve my match day experience'.

Such is the popularity of the fan zone, they really need to think about moving it in to the car park. If they don't, then I think we can assume that the mini arena/basketball development might offer more fans areas.

The Sports bar would be fine, if you could easily walk through there on match days. I hope more space, or a different layout will be used when the next step of development is started. I love the Fan zone, but I usually try and time it so I go in for a last drink/pasty and a pee. Next summer it could be even busier, I've been to the Rugby when the zone is rammed. They really need to rethink it.

14 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

The Sports bar would be fine, if you could easily walk through there on match days. I hope more space, or a different layout will be used when the next step of development is started. I love the Fan zone, but I usually try and time it so I go in for a last drink/pasty and a pee. Next summer it could be even busier, I've been to the Rugby when the zone is rammed. They really need to rethink it.

Probably surprised with both the popularity of it and the fact that so far, this winter hasn't been as cold as feared.

Obviously more/bigger bar areas would help, more bins would be useful and toilets as well.

The Heineken bar does seem to cause pedestrian problems on Marina Dolman Way with people in the queue.

7 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Probably surprised with both the popularity of it and the fact that so far, this winter hasn't been as cold as feared.

Obviously more/bigger bar areas would help, more bins would be useful and toilets as well.

The Heineken bar does seem to cause pedestrian problems on Marina Dolman Way with people in the queue.

Worth remembering the fan zone almost came around by accident and was only meant to be for a couple games but its proved a huge success. If we're bulding on/around the Wickes site lets hope we can space it all out a bit as I agree it was a bit chaotic around the bar/back of LS

The fan zone is great and top marks to the club for setting it up. But on Wednesday there were massive ques for the sports bar but only for people trying to get in and out to the toilets. We waited for ages in the que then got in and went straight the the front of the bar - everyone else just needed the loo! Definitely need a better system as it must be costing us revenue from bar sales.  

@Mkelly

Archived