IGNORED

Would Steve Lansdown sell ?

Major Isewater

Steve Lansdown has often said that if the right person comes in to buy Bristol City he would step down , does anyone think that with our higher profile that the sharks might start circling ? 

I know SL loves the club but if we go up will he be open to extra funding and sell some of his holdings in the club ? 

Just wondering what you lot think. 

20 hours ago, reformed_red said:

The Bristol Sport element also makes investment / ownership a more complex business transaction, you'd think....

Exactly this.. Some City fans moan about the rugby.. But I think it'll actually be the rugby that saves us from foreign ownership as 'investers' may be interested until they see the Bristol Sport empire! 

I really don't want to be own by some dodgy foreigner who does care about Bristol City Fc and what it means to us supporters. 

3 minutes ago, Cider Queen said:

Exactly this.. Some City fans moan about the rugby.. But I think it'll actually be the rugby that saves us from foreign ownership as 'investers' may be interested until they see the Bristol Sport empire! 

I really don't want to be own by some dodgy foreigner who does care about Bristol City Fc and what it means to us supporters. 

I agree with you Cider Queen, but I'm not sure that even Steve would want to pump in the amount of money it would need to compete in the prem.

We live in hope that the club can increase its earnings enough and in this respect, it would be nice to see 27k bums on seats every other week.

But with the crowds we are experiencing now, I don't think the ground is going to be big enough if we go up.

The money could well be the right in the multi criminal world we live in but I seriously doubt some corrupt shit ass with blood on here hands will be considered as the right person. The longer the Lansdown family stick on the greater the money will be. I know they don't care about he money but they do care about the corrupt money laundring shit asses not coming close to this great club.     

5 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

The money could well be the right in the multi criminal world we live in but I seriously doubt some corrupt shit ass with blood on here hands will be considered as the right person. The longer the Lansdown family stick on the greater the money will be. I know they don't care about he money but they do care about the corrupt money laundring shit asses not coming close to this great club.     

Agreed, I for one pray that SL will never sell the club to those corrupt shit asses. 

I think Steve would only sell to somebody who wanted the same things as him, Maggie and Jon for Bristol City and the other sporting clubs under the Bristol Sports banner.

I am not aware of another person of equivalent wealth with such strong desire to bring success to Bristol so I take his acknowledgement that he would sell as currently a theoretical point only; there isn't a suitable buyer but there may be in the future so the door is half open.

Although I am sure he looks at every proposition from a business perspective, SL's wealth no enables him to look at things from more of a philanthropic perspective , if he chooses.

Although he has remodelled City with strong business principles, Ive long thought that BCFC ( and now Bristol Sport) is a legacy project for him. Yes, he wants to achieve success as owner, because being successful is what he does for living. However, I also suspect that he would wish that all of that would remain in the Lansdown family after hisis done ( one way or another) almost certainly with Jon at the helm.

If this is the case then the club could not be in better hands, as I would hope that Jon would learn all he needs from the "old man" so that he knows that right way to do things when it becomes "his turn".

If this is the way SL sees things, then there is not a cat in hells chance he would ever consider selling - hopefully!

Archived