IGNORED

Man City Home Leg Tickets On Sale Now.

Homer Simpson

17 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I find your comment awfully rude.  You know nothing about my professional qualifications. Challenge my interpretation of the law as much as you like but do not descend to personal abuse. Thanks

He doesn’t need to “know you” to know that you are talking shite though, does he..?! 

1 hour ago, Cider_boy said:

These tickets better get cancelled.

I bought Scotty Murray's seat, but now I'm worried I'll have to wash the kit after the game.

Do not worry.

Myself and @RedM will step up and take one for the team on your behalf. 

I would volunteer @Dollymarie but she's too loved up now, whereas myself and M are both happily married to our spouses for many years and the honeymoon period is a mere distant memory.

Having to rifle through Marlon Pack's boxers and Aden Flint's shorts will be a difficult task for us but we will persevere for the good of all.

Think of us.

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

He doesn’t need to “know you” to know that you are talking shite though, does he..?! 

Can we get scans of people’s professional qualifications on here, because I know those of one of the posters, and pretty sure he’s bang on if anyone really wanted to push it about the tickets.  

2 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Can we get scans of people’s professional qualifications on here, because I know those of one of the posters, and pretty sure he’s bang on if anyone really wanted to push it about the tickets.  

Pretty sure the clubs T&C’s of sale cover against genuine mistakes of sale. 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

T&Cs are pretty meaningless in court, they are there to put the plebs off trying anything.

If the club took money and confirmed tickets that is a contract.

4 minutes ago, RumRed said:

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yep standard T&C's, same scenario as when Curry's lists a TV online for £4.99 rather than £499 and people purchase them. They have every right to cancel the orders. 

Most companies will have it in T&C's it only accepts orders once it has delivered the goods. It says the processing of a payment and acknowledgement of an order does not constitute a legally binding contract. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

And some of you think Bristol Sport is good for City.

In over a century did our club ever make such a gross and elementary error? No

City may be Premiership ready but clearly Bristol Sport isn't

Sort it Lansdown

Just imagine if the club let too many people in against say rovers then when season ticket holders arrived they were not able to get in......... Oh hang on 

What exactly has a club owner got to do with the running of the clubs ticketing website? 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Think the company will find it much more complex than that

And bottom line is this is the sort of mistake that should never happen in a well run organisation.  As someone commented earlier the problem lies with the low salaries paid to key administrators within the company.  This must change or else failings of this sort will inevitably continue to the detriment of all

3 minutes ago, !james said:

Yep standard T&C's, same scenario as when Curry's lists a TV online for £4.99 rather than £499 and people purchase them. They have every right to cancel the orders. 

Most companies will have it in T&C's it only accepts orders once it has delivered the goods. It says the processing of a payment and acknowledgement of an order does not constitute a legally binding contract. 

Oh well that’s me wrong then, I thought process of payment and agreement was the point of a contract.

Or Currys’ put bullshit in their T&Cs....

Can anyone point to where the T&C's are? I've almost gone through the process of buying a ticket for a different game (in basket and ready to pay) and didn't see them available anywhere. Funny part being they say on the further info and FAQ's in your email that tickets aren't refundable.

11 minutes ago, Ayteomike2 said:

Simple answer just buy a season ticket I miss a few games but work out holiday for important games simple 

Simple answer for those who can afford it yes! For those who can’t its not an option.

Nothing worse than when people assume they are all in the same boat and that just because it is something some can afford everyone else should be able to!

As said earlier, I have a season ticket for many years up to this season. For more than one reason I couldn’t get one this season and it just so happens we are having the season of our dreams. Am I gutted about it, damn right I am. Am I going to feel bad about trying to get a ticket for a cup semi final, am I ****! 

Do I think I am any less of a fan of the club because I don’t have a season ticket? Not in the slightest. Finances don’t dictate how much someone supports a club!

37 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I find your comment awfully rude.  You know nothing about my professional qualifications. Challenge my interpretation of the law as much as you like but do not descend to personal abuse. Thanks

I find your comment awfully rude. You know nothing about my intended message. Challenge my interpretation that you are the forum's resident contract law expert as much as you like but do not descend to personal abuse. Thanks.

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

Can anyone point to where the T&C's are? I've almost gone through the process of buying a ticket for a different game (in basket and ready to pay) and didn't see them available anywhere. Funny part being they say on the further info and FAQ's in your email that tickets aren't refundable.

https://tickets.bristol-sport.co.uk/screenloader.aspx?type=include&page=documents/html/TsandCs.html 

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

If anyone could be assed, which they won’t as I’d hope as we all see it as the mistake it was, then the club can’t rely on its T&Cs. It’s not how it works.

11 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

I find your comment awfully rude. You know nothing about my intended message. Challenge my interpretation that you are the forum's resident contract law expert as much as you like but do not descend to personal abuse. Thanks.

Are you working in contract law? What’s your take on this?

2 minutes ago, RumRed said:

If anyone could be assed, which they won’t as I’d hope as we all see it as the mistake it was, then the club can’t rely on its T&Cs. It’s not how it works.

Very quick skim I admit so could easily have missed it but couldn't see a rule on cancelling all tickets. If anything, going by the clubs own terms and conditions all purchases are final and can't be refunded. 

Just now, hodge said:

Very quick skim I admit so could easily have missed it but couldn't see a rule on cancelling all tickets. If anything, going by the clubs own terms and conditions all purchases are final and can't be refunded. 

That was my reading of it.  The club are hoping after their **** up that we’ll all play nice, which hopefully we will. 

Hardly got a leg to stand on though

47 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

His post wasn't remotely abusive towards you, don't be so sensitive! 

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

688B8722-7C12-4007-9DBD-4A702229039D.gif

This one was though :)

4 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

No, I don't work in contract law. My take (based on previous advice received in another sector) is that the club can reasonably void any contract formed. 

I am not a legal professional so I won't extend upon that.

Fair enough and neither am I but some on this thread are.

Plus it really grinds my gears that people believe that big companies T&Cs resolve them of any responsibility.  I’m not talking about BS here but if you’ve been ****** over do not give up because the small print says ‘we’re allowed to **** you over’

For those of you pretending to be legal experts, please explain how this doesn't fall squarely within the doctrine of unilateral mistake, thereby allowing the vendor (the Club) to rescind the contract (cancelling the contract and returning everyone to their original position)?

Show's over folks. Genuine mistake, as everyone purchasing it knew, so the club can cancel the contract. 

Edit: @RumRed T&Cs do stand up in court and are legally valid - almost all of the leading cases in contract law turn on interpretation of T&Cs - Google "Lord Denning's big red hand" (aka Thornton v Shoe Lane Parking Ltd [1970] EWCA Civ 2) and the associated case law for an analysis as to when and how T&Cs can be incorporated into a contract under English law. 

32 minutes ago, RumRed said:

T&Cs are pretty meaningless in court, they are there to put the plebs off trying anything.

If the club took money and confirmed tickets that is a contract.

... covered by T&C’s of sale, in case of a mistake. 

43 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Do not worry.

Myself and @RedM will step up and take one for the team on your behalf. 

I would volunteer @Dollymarie but she's too loved up now, whereas myself and M are both happily married to our spouses for many years and the honeymoon period is a mere distant memory.

Having to rifle through Marlon Pack's boxers and Aden Flint's shorts will be a difficult task for us but we will persevere for the good of all.

Think of us.

Absolutely sister, it’s hard work but someone’s got to do it. :innocent06:

33 minutes ago, phantom said:

Just imagine if the club let too many people in against say rovers then when season ticket holders arrived they were not able to get in......... Oh hang on 

What exactly has a club owner got to do with the running of the clubs ticketing website? 

Don’t try to reason with the Troll! 

8 minutes ago, BrightCiderLife said:

For those of you pretending to be legal experts, please explain how this doesn't fall squarely within the doctrine of unilateral mistake, thereby allowing the vendor (the Club) to rescind the contract (cancelling the contract and returning everyone to their original position)?

Show's over folks. Genuine mistake, as everyone purchasing it knew, so the club can cancel the contract. 

This.

Archived