IGNORED

Man City Home Leg Tickets On Sale Now.

Homer Simpson

5 minutes ago, BrightCiderLife said:

For those of you pretending to be legal experts, please explain how this doesn't fall squarely within the doctrine of unilateral mistake, thereby allowing the vendor (the Club) to rescind the contract (cancelling the contract and returning everyone to their original position)?

Show's over folks. Genuine mistake, as everyone purchasing it knew, so the club can cancel the contract. 

Well quite. Not that anyone would ever try taking something this trivial to court, but if they did there would be no case to answer.  

8 minutes ago, BrightCiderLife said:

For those of you pretending to be legal experts, please explain how this doesn't fall squarely within the doctrine of unilateral mistake, thereby allowing the vendor (the Club) to rescind the contract (cancelling the contract and returning everyone to their original position)?

Show's over folks. Genuine mistake, as everyone purchasing it knew, so the club can cancel the contract. 

“It is not enough for one party simply to be mistaken in relation to the terms and conditions of a contract. For the contract to be void due to the unilateral mistake the other party must have been aware of this mistake and then used it to their advantage in forming the contract.”

I was unaware say those that bought tickets

32 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Oh well that’s me wrong then, I thought process of payment and agreement was the point of a contract.

Or Currys’ put bullshit in their T&Cs....

I would bow to your superior knowledge, assuming you a litigation expert. 

21 minutes ago, RumRed said:

That was my reading of it.  The club are hoping after their **** up that we’ll all play nice, which hopefully we will. 

Hardly got a leg to stand on though

You keep saying that. Then say you aren’t qualified. Which is it..? 

6 minutes ago, RumRed said:

“It is not enough for one party simply to be mistaken in relation to the terms and conditions of a contract. For the contract to be void due to the unilateral mistake the other party must have been aware of this mistake and then used it to their advantage in forming the contract.”

Simple. The previous match’s sales procedure demonstrates the mistake, very clearly. 

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

As it is Christmas I'll give you another free piece of legal advice, but this is the last one. 

The better interpretation is "must have been aware or should have been aware of this mistake". Plus, it isn't enough to 'say' you didn't know, you actually have to have known. Don't perjure yourself over a ticket you knew was not genuinely for sale.

All of us knew it was a mistake, if anyone genuinely didn't know, they should have known, especially as the club said it would announce details.

The club is entitled to rescind the contract, please don't sue them for a ticket when, under the T&Cs of purchase, they can refuse to allow you entry for any reason whatsoever. 

But rest assured, the club is in a legally sound position, PR may be different but equally this is clearly a case of someone making the page 'live' before they meant to and who hasn't accidentally hit 'send' on an e-mail before they meant to?

Case closed. 

Always look on the BrightCiderLife

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Simple. The previous match’s sales procedure demonstrates the mistake, very clearly. 

To a new supporter it would not.  Give up, the club ****** up, nobody got hurt and no one’s taking them to court, let’s have fun but stop the bullshit over the fact the club ‘could’ have a case to answer.

2 minutes ago, RumRed said:

To a new supporter it would not.  Give up, the club ****** up, nobody got hurt and no one’s taking them to court, let’s have fun but stop the bullshit over the fact the club ‘could’ have a case to answer.

No question that there was a **** up. Also no question it was a genuine mistake. 

What “new customer” would stumble across buying match tickets...?!

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I can only think of live stock markets, where such simple mistakes would cost a company millions. 

Don’t have to be live, if you don’t follow client instructions and they lose millions down to failed trades you tend to get more than a talking to.  If only we knew someone who understood the importance of online trading.,,,,

1 hour ago, hodge said:

I appreciate this situations a bit different but I kinda don't get the whole argument about someones season card seat, you buy your seat for league games the cup games aren't included in the cost, you get priority access to a seat in the ground. 

maybe I’m quoting the wrong post but get the **** out. this whole debacle has riled me right up and I’m quite frankly ashamed of some of our fans gloating about potentially stealing, yes stealing, someone else season ticket seat for this game after such a wonderful week for our club. We’re the ones who came back after Swansea 7-1, Ipswich 6-0, Cardiff 6-0, relegation under So’D, the 8 game losing streak last year. if this is the price of success I’m not sure I want it. 

2 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Don’t have to be live, if you don’t follow client instructions and they lose millions down to failed trades you tend to get more than a talking to.  If only we knew someone who understood the importance of online trading.,,,,

Worst case, we honour a few hundred, fully paid for, tickets. Hardly going to lose us millions. 

You are sounding ridiculous!

1 minute ago, Greedo said:

maybe I’m quoting the wrong post but get the **** out. this whole debacle has riled me right up and I’m quite frankly ashamed of some of our fans gloating about potentially stealing, yes stealing, someone else season ticket seat for this game after such a wonderful week for our club. We’re the ones who came back after Swansea 7-1, Ipswich 6-0, Cardiff 6-0, relegation under So’D, the 8 game losing streak last year. if this is the price of success I’m not sure I want it. 

As said I wasn't aware ST holders had their own seat reserved, I said as far as I knew ST holders were guaranteed a seat in the ground for the game but didn't have their own one specifically reserved. 

As for your last sentence, is it really only ST holders who are there for the hard times? I think not personally and a kick in the teeth to any fan who isn't a season ticket holder to say we haven't gone through the exact same. 

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

Worst case, we honour a few hundred, fully paid for, tickets. Hardly going to lose us millions. 

You are sounding ridiculous!

That wasn’t the point, you argued that the contract wasn’t binding?  It was if anyone wanted to push it but no one will.  No harm done but you were incorrect in your assumptions.

1 minute ago, hodge said:

As said I wasn't aware ST holders had their own seat reserved, I said as far as I knew ST holders were guaranteed a seat in the ground for the game but didn't have their own one specifically reserved. 

As for your last sentence, is it really only ST holders who are there for the hard times? I think not personally and a kick in the teeth to any fan who isn't a season ticket holder to say we haven't gone through the exact same. 

why should it matter? it’s our seat, we sat through last season and yet still we stumped up in advance to do it all over again this year, as we have done year on year. and I’m not disupting that any other fan hasn’t been through the same. I’m not trying to act all Superfan. I’m just saying that if you can’t see how shitty it is to willing do that to a season ticket holder then you should have a bit of a rethink

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

Not as easy as some think for Bristol Sport simply to refund cost of ticket to make mistake go away.  The company has accepted payments, made in good faith, and sent out confirmations.  Major problem for the company, let alone awful pr.

Awful PR? Can you imagine the ‘awful PR’ if they let the purchases stand. People have bought seats they weren’t entitled to, yes we are all going to let that stand without fuss aren’t we?

As it is the club have rectified the mistake as soon as they realised. No one died, a few people upset maybe. The club have reset everything, no tickets sold, no money taken. All ST holders will be able to claim their seat without fear it has gone to someone else.

And by the way Ivor, I think SteveL was too busy enjoying the rugby tonight ( great game) to be dabbling with ticketing. Not his doing I’m afraid, you will have to try harder to find a stick to beat him with.

1 minute ago, RedM said:

Awful PR? Can you imagine the ‘awful PR’ if they let the purchases stand. People have bought seats they weren’t entitled to, yes we are all going to let that stand without fuss aren’t we?

As it is the club have rectified the mistake as soon as they realised. No one died, a few people upset maybe. The club have reset everything, no tickets sold, no money taken. All ST holders will be able to claim their seat without fear it has gone to someone else.

And by the way Ivor, I think SteveL was too busy enjoying the rugby tonight ( great game) to be dabbling with ticketing. Not his doing I’m afraid, you will have to try harder to find a stick to beat him with.

exactly. anyone who sees it as anything other than this is blinkered and selfish. (and probably a part timer)

Archived