IGNORED

Bah Humbug, Christmas Grouches Meet here thread

RedM

4 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

And there was me thinking it was only me who hates Christmas & all the bullshit that comes with it but that was kind of down to my frame of mind of the last few years!!

But it’s got to be solely the biggest waste of space ever invented & whoever did invent it (and no I’m not going to google it to find out as I don’t give a shit) needed to have a rocket inserted up their jacksie, I absolutely hate turkey but **** it, let’s spend more on a meat that I hate, than a decent steak is worth & force me to eat it!! But it is only one day, the other 15lb of the dried out carpet will go in the bin after that one meal!!

No football on the day, wtf is that all about? Even the Yanks have got it right by having their football played on the day!! Absolute horse shit on tv for 2 weeks while people pretend to love each other, get real, half the population are shagging someone else at the Christmas do!!

BAH ******* HUMBUG!!

Welcome to the club brother. You are amongst friends here! :hug:

• Admin
5 hours ago, RedM said:

Exactly. I have hardly spent much on tomorrow, not because I'm a mean cow but I couldn't think of what to buy my family. If they want/need things I often buy it and give it throughout the year instead of waiting for Xmas and birthdays. I don't need a stack of presents to show them I care on one particular day.

I really hate seeing  people saying 'look what X gave me for Christmas' when it's something ordinary like a handbag or shoes or something. If I want/need something like that I will buy it and use it, I'm not going to wait months and months for Christmas what's the bloody point!!!

Some goes for Weddings, hate them. I've known friends divorced before the expensive Wedding has been paid for. 

I just don’t get it, I work hard, I earn reasonable money, I eat well all year round, if I know my old mum, needs something, she gets it there and then, not Xmas, I don’t need a commercially hijacked Festival to tell me what and where to spend.  I have nothing in the house, that I wouldn’t have any other day of the year.

Christmas - love it !!  Seven grandchildren, a real pleasure to see the smiles on their faces. A grand lunch then opening the presents with a few pints of ale before settling down to buffet tea and a few more beers!

New Years eve for the adults at the local,  with disco and Karaoke. Super times !!!

• Admin
1 minute ago, reddevon said:

Christmas - love it !!  Seven grandchildren, a real pleasure to see the smiles on their faces. A grand lunch then opening the presents with a few pints of ale before settling down to buffet tea and a few more beers!

New Years eve for the adults at the local,  with disco and Karaoke. Super times !!!

Get out of our bloody thread.....  I bet you own a Christmas jumper.......

The only good thing about Christmas is Boxing Day football and NY transfer window opening ....every year we get Wizard and Slade and George bloody Michael! ....then the sales that nobody really wants coz they’ve already maxed out  their credit cards and will spend the next 12 months paying em off at some exorbitant interest rate! ....on to Reading then and another 3 points (hopefully) .

ps Merry Christmas folks ! 

18 minutes ago, reddevon said:

Miserable bloody lot....

Hope you are all having a lovely day! :)

Like I said, on a serious note Christmas and/or New Year doesn’t hold happy memories for some of us. Yes people have unhappy times throughout the year but believe me it is magnified hugely at this time of year. If this one thread can provide a place where fellow sufferers ( for whatever reasons) can come and have a good :gaah: whilst to the outside world seemingly hold themselves together then I’m happy.

2 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

....then the sales that nobody really wants coz they’ve already maxed out  their credit cards and will spend the next 12 months paying em off at some exorbitant interest rate! ....

No, no. You go to the sales to buy next year's presents at a cheaper price.

Those chocolate deer and so fort that are sold in the build up to Christmas are sold off cheap afterwards.  Why are Easter eggs never sold off cheap after that event?

3 minutes ago, 22A said:

No, no. You go to the sales to buy next year's presents at a cheaper price.

Those chocolate deer and so fort that are sold in the build up to Christmas are sold off cheap afterwards.  Why are Easter eggs never sold off cheap after that event?

For years now we've bought Christmas wrapping paper in the first week in January because it's reduced to clear for about a tenth of the price that it was before Christmas, then save it for next year.

Tbf, I do buy all the discounted choc and snack stuff after Boxing Day. Just because I'm a fat pig and I don't care. 

I spent last night getting ratassed whilst trying to wrap presents. Started wrapping at 1am whilst nicely sozzled. Finished at 3am and had an empty wine bottle. 

And the kid slept in til 8.30am so I win today.

Edit: and I've been playing Hey Santa Claus by Kevin Bloody Wilson at full blast because it's so offensive (kid is playing his new gadget with headphones!). I would share the YouTube link on here but I'll be banned...

Sod it. You were warned.

4 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I have a new puppy, got her on Friday, she came from Belgium, along with her came several crates of Belgian beer, all at least 8%, I am now going to start on them..... that'll blot out the horrors of Xmas

What puppy did you get mate?

My Christmas Day consisted of eating about 3 mouths full of Turkey (in case anyone isn’t aware, I hate Christmas dinner) & I’m now sat watching whatever horror films I can until the American Football is on at 9pm.

I cooked dinner for family, at least they ate it which was more than I did, I just picked at it as I was fed up with it after spending most of the day preparing it. Ah well it was done and they said it was nice. I’m  sat here watching old Top of the pops and drinking coffee. Tomorrow will another painful day for me but at least I am going to football. 

#ISurvivedXmas

Archived