IGNORED

The value of of this cup run?

CotswoldRed

Apologies if already addressed elsewhere, but wondered what the minimum net monetary value will be from this cup run. 

Obviously it's been good so far, but with 2 more TV dates and another full Ashton Gate who knows. 

Do we just keep our own stadium receipts in the semis or do we throw everything into the same pot from both fixtures? 

4 minutes ago, redsapper said:

Money goes into the pot. 45% from each gate receipt goes to each club the last 10% to the football league*

* wonder how that is spent. 

If there is a decent crowd in Manchester (I think it will be nearly full) then we'll be looking at a very sizeable windfall. Provides more flexibility for January's window. 

5 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

If there is a decent crowd in Manchester (I think it will be nearly full) then we'll be looking at a very sizeable windfall. Provides more flexibility for January's window. 

I believe it goes into covering the prize money.

What happens with the rest I'm not so sure.

What happens if we loose in semis and the two finalist have qualified for European Champions League through league positions? 

What happens to the Europa place for finalist, winners or losers, if they both have place in higher European Champions League and other loosing semi finalist is also in European Champions League due to league position. Are we in Europa Cup.

Now who predicted this?  

Suppose if we beat second Manchester we are automatically there as a finalist.

1 minute ago, redysteadygo said:

What happens if we loose in semis and the two finalist have qualified for European Champions League through league positions? 

What happens to the Europa place for finalist, winners or losers, if they both have place in higher European Champions League and other loosing semi finalist is also in European Champions League due to league position. Are we in Europa Cup.

Now who predicted this?  

Suppose if we beat second Manchester we are automatically there as a finalist.

We have to win the competition to get to Europa league. It will go to 7th in Prem if winners already in Europe. 

Psychologically this cup has been invaluable.

We have knocked out full strength Premier League sides, well rotated ones and one that included 5 of the top 100 players in the world.

The players here know that they can best all of those teams now, confidence and morale will be through the roof.

But LJ must stop the confidence becoming complacency.

19 minutes ago, redysteadygo said:

If you mean LOSE rather than LOOSE then the European spot goes to the next highest places team in the Premier League.

53 minutes ago, redsapper said:

Money goes into the pot. 45% from each gate receipt goes to each club the last 10% to the football league. 

47 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

41 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I believe it goes into covering the prize money.

What happens with the rest I'm not so sure.

The football league has a charitable trust that supports projects across the country, so some of the money could go there 

https://www.efl.com/efl-trust/

It’s not just the financial benefits that will benefit us in the short term it is also the exposure the club will receive across the world that I think has a far greater benefit. Potential signings, sponsors, businesses using the stadium non match days, attracting more support 

I hope the management can keep the players grounded as I am sure the increased attention and potential suitors could turn their heads if they don’t stay focussed as a tight knit group

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

Apologies if already addressed elsewhere, but wondered what the minimum net monetary value will be from this cup run. 

Obviously it's been good so far, but with 2 more TV dates and another full Ashton Gate who knows. 

Do we just keep our own stadium receipts in the semis or do we throw everything into the same pot from both fixtures? 

Got to be around a couple of million now with all ticket sales etc, shows how valuable a cup run for us is that it can potentially help fund a transfer.

Alternatively, it could de-rail our League form, be a major distraction, and be too much for a relatively small squad. The exposure will put players and manager in the shop window, and with the cash, there is a risk that we will spend for 'now', rather than continuing to do what we have been doing well, buying young, hungry players, to develop.

Very much a glass half empty view, but continuing our League form and remaining under the radar might have been worth more in the long term.

5 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

The problem is that we will now attract quite a few corrupt foreign shit asses to whom a life is not worth a shit. They have never gone to school, they can not spell. They are very dangerous people  

Ok, I appreciate that due to my currently suffering the more serious “man pleurisy” and having taken a lot of drugs I may be a little confused, however, I’ve read this thread a couple of times and I have to say......

WTAF????? 

Have we become so famous that Donald Trump is actually posting in this forum?

5 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

The problem is that we will now attract quite a few corrupt foreign shit asses to whom a life is not worth a shit. They have never gone to school, they can not spell. They are very dangerous people  

You must have got on it early today.

12 minutes ago, redsontour said:

Ok, I appreciate that due to my currently suffering the more serious “man pleurisy” and having taken a lot of drugs I may be a little confused, however, I’ve read this thread a couple of times and I have to say......

WTAF????? 

Have we become so famous that Donald Trump is actually posting in this forum?

I guess it's only a matter of time before DonaldJTrump joins this forum.

Archived