IGNORED

Am I the only one to rate Woodrow?

hoxton casual

2 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

In the little I see him, I see flashes of a quality striker. One chance today was behind him and the other one he made out of nothing. Good awareness and good link up play. Or is he just awful and I am clutching at straws?

Can't see what you see in him. But each to their own. 

He frustrated me today. I think there is a decent player in there somewhere but he needs a regular run of games to show it. Unfortunately I really don't think we're the right club to give him the run of games he needs.

Assuming we don't sign him at the end of the season then he will go with my good wishes and I hope he succeeds elsewhere but ultimately when fit we've got Reid, Diedhiou, Taylor and Djuric who I would put ahead of him, plus Hinds and McCoulsky who have potential and could overtake him, plus Engvall who - to be honest - I think has done no better or worse than Woodrow has with the few chances he has had to date. 

I am clutching at straws?

yes , cows bum with a banjo springs to mind. 

Probably being unfair, but I really haven’t seen anything to get excited about. In a year of highs and quality he , and (early couple of games apart) Leko, have left me unimpressed. If we could , I’d send them both back and look elsewhere.

on the Weston’s vintage, opinions maybe skewed a little . 

8 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

He frustrated me today. I think there is a decent player in there somewhere but he needs a regular run of games to show it. Unfortunately I really don't think we're the right club to give him the run of games he needs.

Assuming we don't sign him at the end of the season then he will go with my good wishes and I hope he succeeds elsewhere but ultimately when fit we've got Reid, Diedhiou, Taylor and Djuric who I would put ahead of him, plus Hinds and McCoulsky who have potential and could overtake him, plus Engvall who - to be honest - I think has done no better or worse than Woodrow has with the few chances he has had to date. 

Pretty much this. Think if he started most games he would end up with 12-13 goals which is a decent return. He just won’t get that run here. I think we should have used him a bit more so far and would have probably been a bit sharper today had he played more. He was excellent against Derby but then used sparingly with Taylor. Think both should have featured more with Djuric and Diedhiou out. 

It would probably be better if he went back in January(late January preferably) and one of youngsters fill the bench when needed. Perhaps that will happen but I do not doubt we could have gotten more out of him had we played him a bit more. 

21 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

In the little I see him, I see flashes of a quality striker. One chance today was behind him and the other one he made out of nothing. Good awareness and good link up play. Or is he just awful and I am clutching at straws?

I rate him, but most of that is based on performances I’ve seen on telly for Fulham, England U21s, Burton, as well as a couple of live matches. Not seen much of him for City. I was one touting him as a prospective signing over the summer. Thought he’d fit in well. 

Hasnt had the game time to prove me right or wrong.

5 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Worth remembering that 5/6 games in many were saying Diedhiou was a waste of money!

Worth remembering that Many thought Djuric was a bit of a donkey up front, but obviously never quite fit and following his op (and before the next one) we started to see what we saw in those YouTube clips. 

Whether we get to see Cauley in a run of games or not is unknown....but because we haven’t doesn’t make him a bad player either. 

No one gives Reid 4/10 if he plays poorly, or misses a chance. 

A few weeks ago, Hörður was the 4/10 man, but given a run to get himself adjusted he returned to the form of pre-Xmas 2016. 

Lets just wait and see if Cauley gets a run and then judge. It’s not like weve wasted £3-5m on him. 

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I rate him, but most of that is based on performances I’ve seen on telly for Fulham, England U21s, Burton, as well as a couple of live matches. Not seen much of him for City. I was one touting him as a prospective signing over the summer. Thought he’d fit in well. 

Hasnt had the game time to prove me right or wrong.

Worth remembering that 5/6 games in many were saying Diedhiou was a waste of money!

Worth remembering that Many thought Djuric was a bit of a donkey up front, but obviously never quite fit and following his op (and before the next one) we started to see what we saw in those YouTube clips. 

Whether we get to see Cauley in a run of games or not is unknown....but because we haven’t doesn’t make him a bad player either. 

No one gives Reid 4/10 if he plays poorly, or misses a chance. 

A few weeks ago, Hörður was the 4/10 man, but given a run to get himself adjusted he returned to the form of pre-Xmas 2016. 

Lets just wait and see if Cauley gets a run and then judge. It’s not like weve wasted £3-5m on him. 

Tbf to you Dave he is a good fit I think. At the time it seemed an astute signing but we never expected our season to go this way and Cauley has suffered for it. No way we would have thought he would be 5th or 6th choice. With the form of Diedhiou and Reid it was hard for him to get a game them Djuric came back into the fold as soon as Diedhiou was injured. Then with other circumstances like O’Dowda being injured we had to move people around to get our best teams out there. Like moving Paterson forward and centrally. 

1 hour ago, hoxton casual said:

I'm glad you posted this! 

Hes a good player! Technically very gifted !!

missed couple chances today but he's only rusty 

5 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I am not convinced he's currently good enough to be in a side currently chasing promotion. He's young though and has lots of room to develop.

I think with a run of games he will be a good player. 

But I don't see him getting that! 

There's no doubt he's a technically very good footballer, it's judt having the confidence to go with it 

4 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

I think with a run of games he will be a good player. 

But I don't see him getting that! 

There's no doubt he's a technically very good footballer, it's judt having the confidence to go with it 

Think if he was to drop down a level he'd be a very useful player. Needs a run of games, as you say, and a bit of faith from the manager over the course of the season.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I rate him, but most of that is based on performances I’ve seen on telly for Fulham, England U21s, Burton,

[...]

Worth remembering that Many thought Djuric was a bit of a donkey up front,

It's odd. Is some of the Woodrow bashing stemming from the fact we effectively got laughed at by Fulham fans for taking him off their hands? 

I assume that he is presumably rated by the Burton fans?

Diedhiou & Djuric came with decent reputations and historical performances in their respective leagues and came in from abroad; it's ridiculous to not give these players time to settle. 

I'd guess expectation is that  Woodrow - being fairly experienced at this level - should perform better from the off without any settling period.

Archived