IGNORED

Agent Tomlin doing a good job

ashton_fan

42 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

How interesting is this part? I hadn`t heard that before but it just goes to show what statistics can be used for.

Didn’t the same method show Paterson as a more affordable lternative to the much admired Knockeart?

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

It wasn't, and I say that as someone who did want to sign him at the time. 

Well you were in a minority I guess, considering the impact he had the previous season, and if the likes of Warnock wanted him too it was testament to him as a footballer, his persona was not an issue then, and only became known after we signed him on a permanent. If you had doubts as to his worth to the club then good on you, I like to think I can suss out a wrong 'un, but you deserve a round of applause, did you confide in anyone as to your concerns? :shifty:

14 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Well you were in a minority I guess, considering the impact he had the previous season, and if the likes of Warnock wanted him too it was testament to him as a footballer, his persona was not an issue then, and only became known after we signed him on a permanent. If you had doubts as to his worth to the club then good on you, I like to think I can suss out a wrong 'un, but you deserve a round of applause, did you confide in anyone as to your concerns? :shifty:

If you can be assed find the signing thread, a lot wanted him to sign (me included early on), but as it dragged on and he kept putting more stuff up on Twitter quite a few went off him.  He really made that window all about him and a few could tell it wasn’t a good sign,  ffs he’s Lee Tomlin not ******* Messi.

58E9BB47-5B11-4772-A9B3-59AC18BF3600.jpeg

1 hour ago, 1bristolcity said:

If you read my post, I said that I wanted to sign him at the time. 

From the cardiff city forum:

I thought our midfield was woeful. Damour and Bryson in particular. We are so static when in possession. No movement at all.

I was at the game and Tomlin wasn’t asked to warm up once. Not even before the game. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s gone in the window.”

:whistle:

9 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

However it finished at City with Tomlin one thing that his signing did do was lift the whole club .

We succeeded in bringing in a top player in competition against other clubs and gave us the belief that we were going to compete in this league .

Not so sure Major

Not when 'top player' (Don't agree  - much more to being a top player than ability) tells the est of the Squad they're League one standard at best 

On 24/12/2017 at 12:54, BobbyC said:

"I thought some of the challenges were horrendous early doors.

"But we had more bookings than them. And some of them were really pathetic - for retaliation and things like that.

"When you've got experienced lads like Henry and Pratley talking to the ref after every free-kick then they're going to play.

"I warned the lads not to get involved, but it's difficult in the heat of the moment."

Now I understand the expression, when he spoke he turned the air blue.

14 hours ago, luke_bristol said:

From the cardiff city forum:

I thought our midfield was woeful. Damour and Bryson in particular. We are so static when in possession. No movement at all.

I was at the game and Tomlin wasn’t asked to warm up once. Not even before the game. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s gone in the window.”

:whistle:

A move for Tomlin? To quote Brenda of election fame, ‘Not another one’

Running out of clubs isn’t he? Maybe a return to ‘Boro, him and Pulis should finish their fans off! :blink:

7 minutes ago, RedM said:

Running out of clubs isn’t he? Maybe a return to ‘Boro, him and Pulis should finish their fans off! :blink:

7 minutes ago, RedM said:

Has he been to Wolves yet?  :whistle:

14 minutes ago, RedM said:

The Peterborough chairman claimed that Tomlin rung him almost begging him to come and get him in the summer but they couldn't meet the finances needed

Perhaps there's some truth in that

Big fish in small pond syndrome?

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

The Peterborough chairman claimed that Tomlin rung him almost begging him to come and get him in the summer but they couldn't meet the finances needed

Perhaps there's some truth in that

Big fish in small pond syndrome?

On 12/26/2017 at 11:20, 1bristolcity said:

Funny how memories fade, there was so much pressure on SL to sign him, sure it dragged on a bit, but it was like well ''that's us sorted'' when he did. We all knew he was a Maverick, but we loved him for that, just as long as he was City, as soon as he was off well he was fair game.

Fickle eh? :shifty:  

Maverick?.

Off of the top of my head in my time in supporting BCFC I recall IMO 4 players who fall into the 'maverick' category (apologies if I have missed any others).

Keith Fear, Jacki, Jet and Tomlin.

The big difference is with Tomlin it is all about Tomlin and can only ever be about Tomlin, he has an ego the size of the principality of Wales and when the fairy dust settles and then totally wears off there is little or nothing left of any use, the fans, the manager, the coaches and his team mates see him for what he actually is and then it's usually time for him to move on and ultimately disappoint another set of fans.

The lesson here is hopefully SL will never bow to fan pressure to sign another 'egotistical' maverick in the same way that he never bowed to fan pressure when many including me advocated sacking LJ.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion but hopefully SL will make his own decisions from now on.

Archived