IGNORED

Agent Tomlin doing a good job

ashton_fan

See he played a part in Cardiff's defeat yesterday. Brought on with 12 minutes to go, was promptly wound up by a couple of the Bolton players and Warnock had to take him off again as he was afraid he'd get a red card! Could play a part in our promotion campaign if he causes disruption in their dressing room and falls out with Warnock.

2 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

See he played a part in Cardiff's defeat yesterday. Brought on with 12 minutes to go, was promptly wound up by a couple of the Bolton players and Warnock had to take him off again as he was afraid he'd get a red card! Could play a part in our promotion campaign if he causes disruption in their dressing room and falls out with Warnock.

Are you suggesting he has ego problems? Surely not. 

11 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

Are you suggesting he has ego problems? Surely not. 

Tomlin's signing could leave Warnock with ego on his face if their promotion campaign falls apart. :)

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

Absolute coincidence (NOT) that the moment LJ susses him out and stops playing him, we improve no end.

Stroke of genius by Neil to bring this chump in   clearly

You knew from the minute he started claiming he was cheaper than thought and not being paid the rumoured amounts, that he was trying to backtrack on his signing.

11 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Absolute coincidence (NOT) that the moment LJ susses him out and stops playing him, we improve no end.

Stroke of genius by Neil to bring this chump in   clearly

Also No coincidence that players like Josh and COD have come on so much without The mouthy ego bully around

i did hear this week that to get his wages in line with those already here he had a a seven figure signing on fee, which if true makes me feel nauseous

:grr:

To be honest, even if he was tearing the league up every week for Cardiff, the fact that we look a much happier, more confident, more united side without him would still have made the decision to sell him the correct one. 

It's probably to Warnock's credit that he's managed to keep Tomlin sat on the bench most weeks so far without there having yet been rumours of problems behind the scenes, at least that we know of anyway. 

If Tomlin could get over himself and work hard, he'd be one of those footballers fans would idolise.

However, he's a fella who knows he can play football but can't be arsed to do that little bit extra that's required to make him the finished product.

Ego really has stopped many a football player from reaching their full potential.

Think the sheep worriers have actually come up with a good song for him

Lengee wrote:Just a bit of fun! To the nursery rhymne Duke of York . .

Oh Cardiffs' Duke of Pork
Lee Tomlin is his name
He likes to play football
But only half a game
He loves to play midfield
He loves to play attack
He runs right up to the top of the pitch
But then he can't run back

15 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I thought he supported Man City ? 

Yes - you may well be correct but given he has lived in Somerset for years he has often said good things about City but based on your own repertoire - I would think you know a lot more about him.:thumbsup:

It's a bit like Sir Tony Robinson- well known City fan yet his first team was Tottenham. He used to sit in the seat behind me in the Dolman in the 80's and was relatively new to supporting City.

Edit- actually make that the early 90's

1 hour ago, OldlandReddies said:

Cardiff fans blaming Colin's selection for defeat. Oh dear. One loss and they are cracking. Lovely.

Thank goodness our fans aren't like that after one setback :whistle:

I can’t comment on Tomlins ego or attitude because the only info I have on it has been from these boards. 

BUT - the only players I have had physical tussles with have been Billy Big Bollocks on my OWN side when I used to play in the Wits league. 

There is something about a.big ego that brings the red mist down with me and I want to kill them. They might be technically very good players, but ruin the team spirit and camaraderie - and ultimately the success of the team. I’d rather play in a team of average players playing for each other than with a few prima donnas up their own arses. 

I made sure I kicked them in training. 

1 hour ago, bcfcfinker said:

If Tomlin could get over himself and work hard, he'd be one of those footballers fans would idolise.

However, he's a fella who knows he can play football but can't be arsed to do that little bit extra that's required to make him the finished product.

Ego really has stopped many a football player from reaching their full potential.

Tomlin has too little ego, technically speaking (according to Freud). But let's not worry about that now.....

Archived