Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
ashton_fan

Agent Tomlin doing a good job

2 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

See he played a part in Cardiff's defeat yesterday. Brought on with 12 minutes to go, was promptly wound up by a couple of the Bolton players and Warnock had to take him off again as he was afraid he'd get a red card! Could play a part in our promotion campaign if he causes disruption in their dressing room and falls out with Warnock.

Are you suggesting he has ego problems? Surely not. 

2 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

Oh he has an ego alright, no problem.

• Haha 2

Absolute coincidence (NOT) that the moment LJ susses him out and stops playing him, we improve no end.

Stroke of genius by Neil to bring this chump in   clearly

11 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

Tomlin's signing could leave Warnock with ego on his face if their promotion campaign falls apart. :)

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

Absolute coincidence (NOT) that the moment LJ susses him out and stops playing him, we improve no end.

You knew from the minute he started claiming he was cheaper than thought and not being paid the rumoured amounts, that he was trying to backtrack on his signing.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Also No coincidence that players like Josh and COD have come on so much without The mouthy ego bully around

i did hear this week that to get his wages in line with those already here he had a a seven figure signing on fee, which if true makes me feel nauseous

:grr:

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
  • Like 2

Comedian, City fan  and local resident Eddie Large once said that buying a boat gave him two of the happiest moments in his life:

"The day I bought it and the day I sold it" -      many of us feel the same about Tomlin.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

To be honest, even if he was tearing the league up every week for Cardiff, the fact that we look a much happier, more confident, more united side without him would still have made the decision to sell him the correct one. 

It's probably to Warnock's credit that he's managed to keep Tomlin sat on the bench most weeks so far without there having yet been rumours of problems behind the scenes, at least that we know of anyway. 

• Like 3

If Tomlin could get over himself and work hard, he'd be one of those footballers fans would idolise.

However, he's a fella who knows he can play football but can't be arsed to do that little bit extra that's required to make him the finished product.

Ego really has stopped many a football player from reaching their full potential.

7 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

No doubt, Tomlin's former roomie, Wilbs knew exactly which buttons to push and passed it on to his Bolton teammates.

Eewww

• Haha 5

33 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Comedian, City fan  and local resident Eddie Large once said that buying a boat gave him two of the happiest moments in his life:

"The day I bought it and the day I sold it" -      many of us feel the same about Tomlin.

I thought he supported Man City ? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I thought he supported Man City ? 

Yes - you may well be correct but given he has lived in Somerset for years he has often said good things about City but based on your own repertoire - I would think you know a lot more about him.:thumbsup:

It's a bit like Sir Tony Robinson- well known City fan yet his first team was Tottenham. He used to sit in the seat behind me in the Dolman in the 80's and was relatively new to supporting City.

Edit- actually make that the early 90's

Edited by Marina's Rolls Royce
Memory issue

1 hour ago, OldlandReddies said:

Cardiff fans blaming Colin's selection for defeat. Oh dear. One loss and they are cracking. Lovely.

Thank goodness our fans aren't like that after one setback :whistle:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I can’t comment on Tomlins ego or attitude because the only info I have on it has been from these boards. 

BUT - the only players I have had physical tussles with have been Billy Big Bollocks on my OWN side when I used to play in the Wits league. 

There is something about a.big ego that brings the red mist down with me and I want to kill them. They might be technically very good players, but ruin the team spirit and camaraderie - and ultimately the success of the team. I’d rather play in a team of average players playing for each other than with a few prima donnas up their own arses. 

I made sure I kicked them in training. 

Edited by bcfcredandwhite
Add a final sentence
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, bcfcfinker said:

If Tomlin could get over himself and work hard, he'd be one of those footballers fans would idolise.

However, he's a fella who knows he can play football but can't be arsed to do that little bit extra that's required to make him the finished product.

Ego really has stopped many a football player from reaching their full potential.

Tomlin has too little ego, technically speaking (according to Freud). But let's not worry about that now.....

• Like 1

Warnock said........

"I didn't want a sending off at 2-0"

"We'd already lost the game and I didn't want to lose a player as well," said Warnock.

"I could see what (Karl) Henry was doing. I've had Henry before, and Pratley, and they were trying to wind him up to get him off, putting his head into his face and stuff like that. So I thought 'why not bring him off'.

"We've lost the points. We don't want to lose a player as well."

"I thought he was just going to give us a little bit. They had six six-foot four players and we didn't.

"I thought he did well today. I didn't think it was the type of game, given the people in that Bolton team, for a Tomlin.

"I thought it would be too physical in that area and I think I was right really."

The Yorkshireman's expectations for a bruising encounter proved correct, with referee Darren Bond dishing out a total of seven yellow cards.

"When you come up against a team like Bolton you want a strong referee and I thought he was weak today and he's not a bad referee either," he added.

"I thought some of the challenges were horrendous early doors.

"But we had more bookings than them. And some of them were really pathetic - for retaliation and things like that.

"When you've got experienced lads like Henry and Pratley talking to the ref after every free-kick then they're going to play.

"I warned the lads not to get involved, but it's difficult in the heat of the moment."

12 minutes ago, BobbyC said:

Warnock said........

"We'd already lost the game and I didn't want to lose a player as well," said Warnock.

"I could see what (Karl) Henry was doing. I've had Henry before, and Pratley, and they were trying to wind him up to get him off, putting his head into his face and stuff like that. So I thought 'why not bring him off'.

"I thought he was just going to give us a little bit. They had six six-foot four players and we didn't.

"I thought he did well today. I didn't think it was the type of game, given the people in that Bolton team, for a Tomlin.

"I thought it would be too physical in that area and I think I was right really."

The Yorkshireman's expectations for a bruising encounter proved correct, with referee Darren Bond dishing out a total of seven yellow cards.

"When you come up against a team like Bolton you want a strong referee and I thought he was weak today and he's not a bad referee either," he added.

"But we had more bookings than them. And some of them were really pathetic - for retaliation and things like that.

"When you've got experienced lads like Henry and Pratley talking to the ref after every free-kick then they're going to play.

"I warned the lads not to get involved, but it's difficult in the heat of the moment."

Warnock said How dare they copy me 

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, BobbyC said:

Warnock said........

Could be any post match Colin interview where they`ve lost. Just the names change.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BobbyC said:

Warnock said........

Jesus some of those comments are brilliant - talk about pot kettle black!! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Could be any post match Colin interview where they`ve lost. Just the names change.

I thought the same...sad and tired old stuff, where's the joy? Feel sorry for the chap, being so bitter and twisted at his age. You'd think he'd have something constructive to offer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Red Exile said:

I thought the same...sad and tired old stuff, where's the joy? Feel sorry for the chap, being so bitter and twisted at his age. You'd think he'd have something constructive to offer.

"Constructive" is never something that he offers.

Just repeated moaning about refs, anti football, time wasting, lowest accuracy completion stats and ball in play stats, simply boring, artless football.

Reckon they are about to drop down the table myself..

5 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Wonder how the Cardiff fans feel about him now. What a deal that was to recoup most of the money we spent on him.

As of a week ago they were still singing "Lee Tomlin is a blue, he hates Bristol"

9 hours ago, downendcity said:

Tomlin's signing could leave Warnock with ego on his face if their promotion campaign falls apart. :)

Warnock said of all the players he wanted it was Tomlin, wonder what he thinks now?

15 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Warnock said of all the players he wanted it was Tomlin, wonder what he thinks now?

... that the food bill has gone up? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

What he meant to say was, "of all the players who could disrupt his squad, the one he wanted was Tomlin"

• Like 1

10 hours ago, UpTheReds said:

So glad we got rid of him 

Seems to be the bad apple from last season. However also dare I say it we are a much better team without Abraham. 

10 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Not sure what shocks me more here, Eddie Large being a City fan or being called a comedian!

2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

As of a week ago they were still singing "Lee Tomlin is a blue, he hates Bristol"

I can't wait for the inevitable meltdown when they figure out he's a work-shy duty-shirking fat bastard

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I can't wait for the inevitable meltdown when they figure out he's a work-shy duty-shirking fat bastard

Aye. To be fair to them, he's not been given much of a chance to show that so far.

2 hours ago, tinman85 said:

Seems to be the bad apple from last season. However also dare I say it we are a much better team without Abraham. 

Odd isn't it that Tomlin we demanded to sign , and Steve duly obliged, and then with Tammy going we were tipped to go down, and instead we are looking quality.Not to mention almost to a man we wanted Lee out.

Funny old game. 

• Like 1

Came across and article in The Times on Wednesday morning, before the Man U game that was talking about the cohesive side that LJ has put together. There's a quote from Dean Holden that was quite telling

“Results help,” Johnson says, “but we’ve got good people here.” Or, as Holden succinctly puts it: “There’s no knob-heads.”

There's no direct link implying Tomlin, but I sure as hell haven't posted it on any other link on here. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Odd isn't it that Tomlin we demanded to sign , and Steve duly obliged, and then with Tammy going we were tipped to go down, and instead we are looking quality.Not to mention almost to a man we wanted Lee out.

Funny old game. 

We didn’t all demand to sign him, some of us could tell from his Twitter bollox in the will he/won’t he stage that the guy was an egotistical shit.

Edited by RumRed