IGNORED

Aden flint......STRIKER.

the frampton balti

We need him as a CH, but by all means stick him up front when we need to.

Luckily, we have 3 other good central defenders to turn to when we do.

He does look a handful though.

Two lessons all centre halves need to learn if they move up front are get over the ball rathere than under and head downwards rather than upwards.  To be fair, Flinty does seem to be getting the hang of it.

25 minutes ago, the frampton balti said:

so what did we think. 

I thought he caused complete havoc in and around the box .plus hes got speed . also he performed some amazing aerial star shapes near the keeper. scored a great goal keeper had no chance and got us a pen...great debut all round. could work against man city...

That's absolutely fine and dandy, but aren't you worried that Flinty will ruin the aesthetic of our team ethos and delicately balanced dressing room equilibrium with this special treatment?

No? 

Me neither.

Bring. It. On.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

So Lee plays Flint , a central defender as a forward.

He plays Reid, a midfielder as a forward.

Come on Frankie it's your turn next .

:laughcont:

All joking aside our players seem intelligent enough to cope with playing " out of position " .

The Dutch call it totaalvoetbal. 

7 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

So Lee plays Flint , a central defender as a forward.

He plays Reid, a midfielder as a forward.

Come on Frankie it's your turn next .

:laughcont:

All joking aside our players seem intelligent enough to cope with playing " out of position " .

So we beat united with no full backs, no wingers, and no strikers.

I bloody love the adaptability of this bunch.

10 hours ago, the frampton balti said:

so what did we think. 

I thought he caused complete havoc in and around the box .plus hes got speed . also he performed some amazing aerial star shapes near the keeper. scored a great goal keeper had no chance and got us a pen...great debut all round. could work against man city...

Got us the point yesterday . Caused absolute havoc in their defence . Great call LJ 

his whole body language shouted war . Magnificent especially after weds night . 

If you read the last two threads that mentioned Flint upfront, you would have seen the masses of OTIBers shouting such nonsense down and spouting many different reasons.

I decided to reserve judgement until such a thing ever happened.  Sure, he's only done it at the end of yesterday's game, but why not?  If it worked on occasion for McCombe, then why not Flint?

I often think back to the days we had folks like Kevin Nugent and Steve Torpey upfront, so Flint would be a blessing!

The advantage of keeping Flint as a centre half is he plays as a centre forward , at times during the match, as well. Not only at corners and free kicks, but at random times when he decides to go walk about. Plus he’s a ready made option on the pitch when an extra forward is needed if the team is pushing for a goal 

On 24/12/2017 at 10:59, the frampton balti said:

so what did we think. 

Start him up front. Anything rather than Woodrow. 

Archived