IGNORED

Luke Freeman

hoxton casual

8 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Thought it was harsh booing him yesterday yet Matt Smith comes on and gets a standing ovation. Nobody from that 14/15 season deserves to be booed. Lack of class from us I felt. 

I had no idea that happened. Definitely a lack of class and far worse than harsh. 

3 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I had no idea that happened. Definitely a lack of class and far worse than harsh. 

It was pretty poor I have to say. Loud boo's and when he got subbed with chants against him (won't repeat them on here). Poor way to treat someone yet Matt Smith for scoring a few goals in two months is lauded like a hero. 

19 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

It was pretty poor I have to say. Loud boo's and when he got subbed with chants against him (won't repeat them on here). Poor way to treat someone yet Matt Smith for scoring a few goals in two months is lauded like a hero. 

I agree, but understandable in some ways. Smith was only on loan but put heart and soul into playing for City; Freeman was a member of a title-winning side and yet chose to leave- some fans won't forget that

2 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Thought he was ok, no more no less, looks as though he has put a bit of timber on to me, bit of a fat arse.

Personally I wouldn't want him back, another in a long list who moved because he thought the grass was greener and I expect he might be a little envious at this moment in time.

Freeman's arse is fat??......I used to(back in the day) 'see' a girl from Kilmarnock-when she sat she qualified for two postcodes.....now that's an arse.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

If we had still had Luke would Pato be getting the game time he is?

Give me Pato any day of the week.

Ditto, Patterson is a much better player and links a lot of our forward play. Freeman isn’t a bad player but I bet he’s thinking twice now looking up the league at the club he left and questioned his decision to leave if it was his decision?

1 hour ago, 29AR said:

Football is harsh, it's harshness mostly affects the fans, especially when a player leaves, Baldock and Maynard being 2 classic examples, Baldock it would appear went back on a promise and Maynard invented a crock of shite and was insulting and Freeman didn't want to stay (his decision).

I'm sure Freeman expected no more or no less and then drowned his sorrows with a £450 bottle of wine because he can afford it.

8 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I noticed LJ going out of his way to speak with Freeman as he left the pitch.

I saw that and I expect that is what counts more to Freeman because he has moved on. Unlike many players and some fans LJ has class.

4 minutes ago, Neutral said:

State of the replies in here. He has 8 assists and 3 goals this season which is superb.

He definitely failed to step up when we got promoted but to say he is still shite is ridiculous. Have any of our midfielders come close to that?

8 assists and 3 goals. He is most likely their star man which shows how far City have come and how far QPR have fallen in my opinion. With a fully fit City squad Freeman would seriously struggle to get on our bench, he simply was not good enough for us.

2 minutes ago, Neutral said:

State of the replies in here. He has 8 assists and 3 goals this season which is superb.

He definitely failed to step up when we got promoted but to say he is still shite is ridiculous. Have any of our midfielders come close to that?

Firstly I think most people are pointing out, he has moved on, he played ok but is no better than what we already have and probably not as good as Patterson, I haven't seen the amount of 'shite' comments you refer to.

Secondly Patterson 4 goals 6 assists in less games in a season where he has been injured and not always a starter.

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Firstly I think most people are pointing out, he has moved on, he played ok but is no better than what we already have and probably not as good as Patterson, I haven't seen the amount of 'shite' comments you refer to.

Secondly Patterson 4 goals 6 assists in less games in a season where he has been injured and not always a starter.

I would also imagine most of Patersons goals and assists coming from open play too. Freeman's mainly come from set pieces as he does have a good delivery.

48 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

8 assists and 3 goals. He is most likely their star man which shows how far City have come and how far QPR have fallen in my opinion. With a fully fit City squad Freeman would seriously struggle to get on our bench, he simply was not good enough for us.

Probably not helped by the morons shouting abuse at him from the touchline (I'm not referring to you). No matter how much they get paid, footballers are human beings and being barracked is going to affect their confidence. It's worth pointing out that we were sh*t last season and therefore there was a general negativity about the place. When the team were playing well and everyone was happy, Freeman delivered - albeit in League One. 

1 minute ago, AshtonGreat said:

Probably not helped by the morons shouting abuse at him from the touchline (I'm not referring to you). No matter how much they get paid, footballers are human beings and being barracked is going to affect their confidence. It's worth pointing out that we were sh*t last season and therefore there was a general negativity about the place. When the team were playing well and everyone was happy, Freeman delivered - albeit in League One. 

I never witnessed any fans getting on his back last season, many were critical imo but never heard anyone around me giving him abuse.

A great player in our double winning team.

I think he just wanted a better deal and be back in London.

I think he could've handled things better come the end with refusing to sign an improved contract which was on the table for over half a season hence the differing views and let's face it whether you like him or not there in lies the criticism.

Personally I don't think he would be playing much now as he doesn't fit in with our style of play.

3 hours ago, BigTone said:

You don't need Sherry to know that Luke Freeman was shite old mate. He was .............. end of !!  And we all know it.

Can't get Sherry here now that Marks and Sparks have closed Tone,  looked everywhere and could only get Fino Sherry. Such a shame, I love a dark Sherry at Christmas. Never mind, Port is still available.

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Let me put it this way.

Freeman now kisses a different badge and I am sure one day so will Mr Aiden Flint, but the difference is Mr Aiden Flint is and will always be an fully paid up BCFC legend and will be treated as such.

Both players achieved the same impressive honours at Bristol City (so far). So both will always get my respect

8 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Well we beg to differ, he was almost anonymous in the 2nd half and was rightly subbed, IMO the best midfielder on the field yesterday was Pack and he only played for 30 minutes but changed the game completely.

I also thought overall that Brownhill played better than Freeman, Brownhill is always involved Freeman drifts in and out.

I would not have him back under any circumstances because we have moved on and he would not be an improvement to our squad.

Edit:- I cannot think of one QPR player that I would be interested in, who would improve our squad.

Agree . Freeman ran out of steam although his movement in the first half was good  . If he was fully committed and fit enough he would not have been substituted . He lacks stamina and heart . Pack made the difference , most underrated player this season . Tremendous battler and QPR went quiet when he came on . 

Archived