IGNORED

Lloyd Kelly

Mr X

8 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Quite simply he didn't set the football world on fire but neither did he let us or himself down. He will make it sooner than later as a regular first teamer at City.

No he didn't but it was pretty obvious that he is inexperienced. He looked a little lost at times as if the game was too quick for him and against a better teams he'd have been exposed.

I'd put his debut as slightly better than Vyner's.

10 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

He is a real talent and when he gets a run in a team he'll show just how good he is. Only problem is, with the players we have in front of him, it might have to be elsewhere. 

Didn't see much from him v QPR. Didn't take his chance I'm afraid. A loan in Jan 

13 hours ago, Robbored said:

No he didn't but it was pretty obvious that he is inexperienced. He looked a little lost at times as if the game was too quick for him and against a better teams he'd have been exposed.

I'd put his debut as slightly better than Vyner's.

Serious question, who do you think Vyner made his debut against?

Did you see it?

9 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I think you will find it was away to MKD.

The home game to which you refer was, unfortunately, Brighton.

Iirc , (bloody acronyms ) he got praise for a decent debut Vs MKD and exploited Vs Brighton. To be fair the lad playing wide ( don’t remember his name) had an excellent game, would have trouble whoever we had at FB.

10 hours ago, Robbored said:

Against PNE at AG iirc.

His area was targeted as a potential weakness.

Dear oh dear.

Vyner was absolutely outstanding on debut, one of the best first ever games I've seen by a City player.

No surprise though to see that you thought it was a game that never existed.

On 12/24/2017 at 15:26, Fiale said:

Bryan and Reid got blooded early and benefited from some nice game time. As long as we are willing to risk the youngsters and give them time there is no reason they can't emulate the same success. The problem is, the higher/more success we have will probably correlate with less willingness to give youngsters that chance.

which is why the loan system is so important, and why we have a few of our own.  Couldnt see Leko getting in the WBA side, or even Abraham at Chelsea

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Iirc , (bloody acronyms ) he got praise for a decent debut Vs MKD and exploited Vs Brighton. To be fair the lad playing wide ( don’t remember his name) had an excellent game, would have trouble whoever we had at FB.

We got battered full stop that game (4-0 I think with Agard blazing a penalty over very late on). Tough environment for Vyner.

On 12/24/2017 at 14:26, Fiale said:

Bryan and Reid got blooded early and benefited from some nice game time. As long as we are willing to risk the youngsters and give them time there is no reason they can't emulate the same success. The problem is, the higher/more success we have will probably correlate with less willingness to give youngsters that chance.

I agree with this. I'm certain that if you asked Alex Ferguson if Gary Neville was at fault for any goals when breaking into the first team, the answer would undeniably be yes. But having faith in someone like Kelly or Neville is a no brainer, in my opinion. I'm not suggesting we start him against Sterling at the Etihad or anything, but definitely need to give players like this gametime.

On 24/12/2017 at 16:20, Robert the bruce said:

In a word,no....needs match time....loan.

Can we risk a loan.  If Bryan or Magnússon get injured we suddenly lack left side cover.  The loan system’s fault unfortunately.  Had Kelly been able to use the old loan rules with recall, he’d have best part if half a season's experience of league football by now. 

12 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Serious question, who do you think Vyner made his debut against?

Did you see it?

I’m getting a feeling of deja vu here :P

I think the previous attempt / response was "it was a team up north even if it wasn’t Preston" :facepalm:

11 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I think you will find it was away to MKD.

The home game to which you refer was, unfortunately, Brighton.

You’re too helpful.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Dear oh dear.

Vyner was absolutely outstanding on debut, one of the best first ever games I've seen by a City player.

No surprise though to see that you thought it was a game that never existed.

Like most regular attenders at AG I've seen numerous games and numerous home debuts but it's very difficult to recall who the opposition were.

in Vyners case I'd forgotten he'd played at MK Dons but I do remember his home bebut. I thought it was PNE but I've been told it was Brighton, not that it matters.

He was deliberately targeted as it was his first home game in front of a decent crowd and he unfortunately didn't cover himself in glory and was exposed several times.

Kelly on the hand was slightly better on debut but again his area was targeted by the opposition but he did ok despite signs of nervousness and inexperience but City came away with a decent point.

On 24/12/2017 at 14:52, BS3City said:

I thought he looks the part, just nervous yesterday. Physically he's where he needs to be, it's just a question of giving him game time to get the experience he obviously needs. However, as someone else has mentioned will our upcoming games be too important to give him that time?

Give him the full 90 at Watford again. Young players with ability learn with games. That’s a game where any mistakes he makes aren’t so important for the team as they will be for him to kick on.

45 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Like most regular attenders at AG I've seen numerous games and numerous home debuts but it's very difficult to recall who the opposition were.

in Vyners case I'd forgotten he'd played at MK Dons but I do remember his home bebut. I thought it was PNE but I've been told it was Brighton, not that it matters.

He was deliberately targeted as it was his first home game in front of a decent crowd and he unfortunately didn't cover himself in glory and was exposed several times.

Kelly on the hand was slightly better on debut but again his area was targeted by the opposition but he did ok despite signs of nervousness and inexperience but City came away with a decent point.

You didn't see Vyner's debut (in which he was outstanding) and was away from home, so all the rest of this is simply bollocks.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

You didn't see Vyner's debut (in which he was outstanding) and was away from home, so all the rest of this is simply bollocks.

Saw his home bebut and he was understandably nervous in front of a decent size crowd inside AG and as I posted earlier didn't cover himself in glory and he hasn't started much since. His debut was away and in front of a smallish crowd.......less pressure and less  stress against a poor side.

Kelly was just as anxious as Loftus Rd 

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Saw his home bebut and he was understandably nervous in front of a decent size crowd inside AG and as I posted earlier didn't cover himself in glory and he hasn't started much since. His debut was away and in front of a smallish crowd.......less pressure and less  stress against a poor side.

For anyone wondering, a difference of less than 2500 fans makes a big difference.

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Poor side?  MK Dons?  Yeah, give you they were in 15/16, but they came up with us

1AB6D604-ED23-4E8E-91E6-C9F1E025A9B1.jpeg

‘It was a relegation crunch match, so massive pressure game to make your debut.

EC4B82BD-15D5-459A-82FF-FA82D5B7796E.jpeg

31 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I promise this is the last time I reply because your embarrassing lack of knowledge is quite tedious but this really is horseshit.

The game you describe, which you clearly (as usual) can't remember, was about as pressured a situation as you can possibly get.

MK were just below us in the league, we were one place outside the relegation zone and a home win would have seen them go within a point of us, the very definition of a six pointer.

LJ's decision to select Vyner in those circumstances was incredibly brave and was rewarded by a simply superb debut.

Vyner hasn't started many games since but also did so when we got a huge point at Newcastle, but I doubt you knew that either.

Perhaps playing against the champions in front of 50k was "less pressure" too?

19 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I promise this is the last time I reply because your embarrassing lack of knowledge is quite tedious but this really is horseshit.

The game you describe, which you clearly (as usual) can't remember, was about as pressured a situation as you can possibly get.

MK were just below us in the league, we were one place outside the relegation zone and a home win would have seen them go within a point of us, the very definition of a six pointer.

LJ's decision to select Vyner in those circumstances was incredibly brave and was rewarded by a simply superb debut.

Vyner hasn't started many games since but also did so when we got a huge point at Newcastle, but I doubt you knew that either.

Perhaps playing against the champions in front of 50k was "less pressure" too?

You got a snake :P :P :P

17 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Graham - in 50+ seasons I reckon i must have seen City play around  1500 times and yet you seem surprised that I can't remember particular games...................

Jeez...............:facepalm:

Archived