IGNORED

Away Travels Still To Come

Olé

We're at the halfway point of the season and our away form is among the best in the league, though in theory away games should be the harder asks from here on in.

So I was wondering whether we've done the hardest bit on the road, or if there is worse to come. It got me thinking about the balance in away fixtures done vs left.

We've already been to Wolves which is a plus, but the average position of the 12 teams we have played away is 14.1 versus 11.5 for the 11 teams we're still to go to.

- Been to: 1,7,10,11,12,14,15,16,18,19,22,24

- To go to: 2,3,5,6,8,9,13,17,20,21,23

Although bear in mind that our own results at those  teams that we've visited will have a part in their poorer league positions. So what are the toughest trips still to come?

- Cardiff, Derby, Villa, Leeds, Middlesbrough

I'd also include Milwall simply because of the edge - it's a tough place to go. We owe Preston a result after last season and the home loss last month. Forest are beatable. 

One quirk I've noticed is our away fixture list this season has allowed us to complete whole regions already by the halfway point, while leaving other regions unvisited:

- Done: Both Sheffield Clubs, Both East Anglia Clubs, All 3 West London Clubs, 2/3 North East Clubs, 2/3 Birmingham Clubs

- To visit: Both Lancashire Clubs, Both East Midlands Clubs (+Burton), 2 more Yorkshire Clubs.

32 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Noticed that also but presumably means our home games are easier from here on in

Ive a funny feeling that all the games will start to get harder as we get to the sharp end of the season.

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

Ive a funny feeling that all the games will start to get harder as we get to the sharp end of the season.

The hardest games we’ve had at home are teams who’ve parked the bus. 

Archived